Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Overlooked Movies

I wanted to start this thread because of all the overlooked good movies that get selved or don't perform well at the box office. Ella enchanted is my first pick because I love all of Anna Hathaways movies this is one of my faves. I also think that Peter Pan was overlooked because it was a good movie and it was badly promotely and deserved a better chance. I also think that as of lately Ben Stillers movies have not been getting good promotion. For example duplex and envy,which I happened to think were funny movies.
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Telli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

The Sum of All Fears - such a good political movie! But its fate would have it soon to be released close to 9/11 and there is NO WAY they could've released the movie with the subject and the visuals it deals with. Still, great movie.

Fight Club - it's a movie like no other. Performances like no other. A storyline like no other. Yet, the title throws people off... Which upsets me! People have watched bad movies like Spy Game and The Devil's Own (which of course includes me ) just to see Brad Pitt. And here comes Fight Club and people skip over it...
Old 05-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Total Fan

Want to say The Crow, but it's pretty well regarded in some circles. That said, the death of Brandon Lee hit me hard; an Asian actor who was on the path to becoming a star without relying on work outside of North America for a rep who was tragically cut down.

Donnie Darko should have had more acclaim, as well, though it's now getting that with a Director's Cut coming out in limited release.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter
Want to say The Crow, but it's pretty well regarded in some circles. That said, the death of Brandon Lee hit me hard; an Asian actor who was on the path to becoming a star without relying on work outside of North America for a rep who was tragically cut down.
The Crow def. Great movie. And you're right, as a cult favorite it was well received. To echo the tragic Brandon Lee death, I remember being down for a month. I couldn't get over it. Man, still makes me sad whenever I see the movie.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

I agree with Donnie Darko , I'll talk about it and everyone's like "What?"
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Moulin Rouge ~ sooo underrated. it sucks cause that movie is simply amazing.
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter

I aGRRE WITH you and Nikki. Movie still gets me weepyeyed at the end. My all time favorite movie.

I sorta disagree with the first two listed, Sum of All Fears and Figth Club, i mean it's hard to overlook mainstream Ben Affleck and Brad Pitt movies. I was watching previews for Sum of All Fears for over a month wanting to see it, and I thoguht it was excellent, Fight Club i didn't have any interest in, then when an Ex had me watch it, i was still wondering what all the hype was about.

I think What A Girl Wants is overlooked, at least here. It was sorta out for a couple weeks, then was done. But it's a really good feel good movie. With a major hottie in the lead.

I think some forgotten, but favorites for all of us would be like Mallrats and Breakfast Club, movies that you love to death, but they seem to drift from your thoughts for 11 months out of a year.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Von Trapp Glory

Definitely Riding in Cars With Boys. It was such a well made movie and didn't get nearly enough attention as it should have.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I disagree with Fight Club and Moulin Rouge. I love both of 'em, but I don't think they're overlooked.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was totally overlooked by the general population. I mean, it got rave reviews, but didn't do too well at the box office. It should have. It's freaking amazing.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Ella Enchanted was simple and sweet, and I think that that was really overlooked. It's a wonderful family movie and I think that everyone should check it out.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Elite Fan

Girl. It was so cute and so..I dunno. A good movie.

Dancer, Texas Pop. 81. Again, another cute movie that no one seems to know about.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

The Hurricane, thought that movie was really good, i think denzal should have gotten the oscar that year instead of the next day for Training Day, and Russell should have gotten it for a Beautiful Mind instead of the Gladiator
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I have to agree with those who have said Donnie Darko.
konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by konstantine
I have to agree with those who have said Donnie Darko.
yeah.. I agree too.
*Ledi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with most of them - have to agree about fight club i watched this for the first time last week as my boyfriend said wathc it you'll like it.. si i gave it ago. fromt he trailers i had seen the movie wasnt what i expected i thought it was really clever and brad pitt and ed norton where great together.

Denzel was amazing in the hurricane - i think this was totally overlooked.

Another movie which i think was overlooked was Life Less Ordinary - again anotyher really clever amusin story which wasnt given enough credit i thought Ewan and Cameron where great together .

"You look good wearing my future"
Twiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread