Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Passionate Fan

The Day After Tomorrow (2004) #1

The Day After Tommorow

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

It looks like a good disaster movie based on global warming I think. As long as it doesn't get too political, it looks really good I think.

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited mh67511 ]
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

yeah the movie looks awesome, totally looking forward to it........ Nothing like a good summer blockbuster

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited greatfallsfan ]
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

It may be based on the book, "The Coming Storm" (non-fiction) that theorizes that a massive storm DID wipe out life on this planet (the first ice age) and like the movie portrays, literally came on without warning to where no creature could have survived even if they wanted to due to its speed.

It will be interesting to see if Ronald Emmerich (ID4) can revive his career since everything since then (8 years ago) has been a bomb. Especially, the God-awful "Godzilla" remake of '98.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

fortune magazine had a interesting article about this. the world suddenly going back into a ice age with the different water flows changing suddenly or stopping..... the pentagon mapped out all the possibilities that might happen if such thing did happen, it was interesting.....

but anyways should be interesting, this movie looks a little darker then ID4..... hopefully the movie is good.....
Old 03-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm really looking forward to this. The concept is really interesting and CGI effects look fantastic. Plus, I'm a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. Can't wait!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I saw the trailer a few days ago and was BLOWN AWAY (haha, no pun) by how cool the cgi's were. It takes the whole genre of blowing famous landmarks to another level. Especially when you see those tidal waves just kind of crashing against the Statue of Liberty, or when you SEE the gigantic wave flowing through the streets and people running everywhere.

Aside from the computer graphics though, the plot sounds vaguely decent. From the trailer, it sounds as if the northern polar ice caps have melted, or at least melted to a certain degree, interrupting the Gulf Stream and making the waters get colder. I'm no climatologist, but I remember learning in high school that if that were to happen, the colder water submerges underneath the warmer water, and England and the rest of Western Europe would get colder etc. Don't know how that would spark crazy tornadoes or tidal waves and gigantic fissures across large distances, but hopefully the movie will still be firmly grounded in reality, yet still have out of this world ideas and happenings...
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Where will YOU be...The Day After Tommorow

I can't wait for this movie - it comes out in 15 days!

Tonight on Fox around 8:30 they are doing some special on it and I believe showing the first few minutes of the movie???

Anyways I think this is going to be a great "disaster" movie.
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

they showed 10 mins of clips from the movie on fox tonight, it was like a 10 min trailer, from what I saw this movie looks to be awesome.....

Can't wait to see this movie, only 15 days now, nice, can't wait.........
Other Then wanting to see Spiderman 2 and Shrek 2, this looks to be a great summer blockbuster.....
Old 05-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

It does look really good... kinda freaks me out, but I really want to see it.

Brooke/Chase
prettyg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Extreme Fan

I live in NY so its freaky but I will get over it. It looks like a great movie.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Lady Dragonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'll wait until this movie is on dvd I don't like big screens scary movies
Old 05-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JustaGirl
I think I'll wait until this movie is on dvd I don't like big screens scary movies
At least you could be scared with others if u went to the theater But hey I think disaster films are movies that are fun to see on the screen, I Remember seeing Independence Day when it was released, it was awesome seeing it on the big screen..... Wish I saw Deep Impact and Armegeddon in the theater, but I didn't....
Old 05-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so excited to see this movie. My friends keep telling me that it isnt that great from the previews but I disagree. I think its going to rock. 2 more days!
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainstorm18
My friends keep telling me that it isnt that great from the previews but I disagree.
yeah I actually liked the prevue's, I thought they were pretty cool
Old 05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't wait to see this movie it looks good. The only thing I'm worried about is the acting and plot,even though the cast has done great works before I was just wondering if the whole acting as a whole is going to be good. Floods and hurricanes are entertaining and dramatic but the acting has to be good too.
LUCIUS: "Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night."
Telli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread