Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Luke's Diner #17 - 'Cause Rory was lying...Paris is exactly her type!

Couldn't seem to find any references to title ideas in the last thread, so I just went with this one instead for now, I'll change it as soon as you guys let me know or give me a better suggestion !

This thread is dedicated to the male fans of Gilmore Girls. However, all are welcome to post here so even if you're a little deprived of testosterone, don't sweat it. Just pull up a chair, have some coffee, and we'll serve up the chocolate chip pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberries. We even warm up the muffins on demand so Rory won’t have to reveal Lorelai’s undergarment (or lack thereof) secrets. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

This thread is a place for adult guys to hang out, talk about the show and why/how we love it so much and still maintain our masculinity, and, if necessary, do some male bonding. Of course, [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]ing over Lauren, Alexis, Liza, Teal, Shelly, Keiko, and any other hottie, on Gilmore Girls or no, is allowed.

Oh, for our diner dweller Nate, we will allow discussion of Paris' (Liza's) knees and pigtails for his [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]ing pleasure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Diner rules:

1. Obey all FF rules. If you don't, you’ll get your butt kicked.
2. [img]www.hayden-hill.com/puke.gif[/img] No puking in the diner. You puke it, you'll lick it up.
3. No cell phones.
4. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]ing is always welcome.

Diner Regulars
  • enigma777 = Dana
    MrSchimpf = Nate
    Hot Rod
    sk8er_chic = Alex ~ Waitress Extraordinaire
    yossarin
    1GGfan = Leslie ~ Waitress Extraordinaire
    Fair_Maiden = Sierra ~ Waitress Extraordinaire
    LukeCoffeeMan
    RunawayJim
    Raja

Honorary Diner Guests
  • Lorelai
    Rory
    Paris
    Louise
    Madeline
    Lane
    Rachel
    Luke (To serve the coffee)
    Sookie (We need a master chef!)

Looks like I might have to change the thread opening because of image restrictions, I'll reserve the first four posts for images.
| My Fic | Longing... FF.net Realm of the Shadow | Other FF.net Stories
Old 05-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

(new image series will go here later on)
Old 05-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

(new image series will go here later)
Old 05-11-2004, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad that you started the new thread Nate. I hope we get to see some pics here. BTW i love the title, although it would be more suited for UC couples or Study Buddies thread, but it`ll do.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around in a long time (seems like forever.) Been extremely busy with school, work, life, etc. I have several video tapes of episodes that I haven't even been able to watch yet.

And I missed taping the episode last night. Grrr...

Great title Nate. Works for me, and thanks for starting the new thread.

Speaking of new, I like (I think) the new digs. Looks very similar to another forum site. Did they merge?
Old 05-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Passionate Fan

1) Not quite as enthusiastic about the new setup as you are enigma. Though certainly I do like I that there is a preview reply button now so I can correct some of my numerous typos before the fact. I liked how the old board showed all the threads rather than the 1,2,3,4 thing. Made it easier to keep track of what I read. And hope this isnt the start of the threads from hell I see on other boards. Where you have to wade through like 128 pages. But only get to advance a few at a time.

However given the new software is supposed to reduce server load which is far important than anything else. I guess my complaint is rather trite.

2) Good to see a new thread. I think Hot Rod and I came up with "Appreciating the Yale Student Body" but this is as good as anything. And a bit more reflective of recent events.

3) Hate to say it but after the episode last week starting to like Asher with Paris. However if Paris is going to be with an older man it clearly should be Richard instead!

4) Nice to see Lorelai and Luke moving together. The tease was getting old and they needed to fish or cut bait. Nice to see them fishing since Luke deserves a little loving. Though given Lorelai's past I do wonder if he deserves better. But hey, she's hot so not like we'll feel sorry for him either way.

5) Dean + Rory? What more to say but *gag* *blech* *ugh*. I know we jokes that being married was the only way Dean could get Rory's v-card, but that wasn't meant as a suggestion. I'm not sure which one of the two I'm supposed to respect less.

And this doesnt sovle the problem of Rory being boring and that she refuses to do anything on her own. That the writers don't see the "little miss perfect" criticism as being far wider than a question of her love life dissapoints me. It is that everything seems to come to her while she sits around passively.

6) My prediction is since we only see Dean fiddling with his overshirt rather than the shirt under it that Rory only breaks the "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife(/husband)" commandment rather than the "Thou shalt not commit adultery" commandment. Meaning Dean still only got as far with Rory as Paris.

Still doesnt change my opinion of it or any of them one bit. And given that Dean is coming back next season I doubt this ends. Even if perhaps it may cause our patience with the show to.

7) If we're going to have Rory having an affair with Dean. For the benefit of the male viewers could they at least put her in more revealing lingerie.

Then again after all of this forget Rory and Lorelai in bikinis. They owe us Lorelai, Rory, the roomies, the chilton girls, and Lindsay naked in a hottub with a jello wrestling match afterwards.

8) Two unaired eps of Wonderfalls have hit the internet. Both really excellent and bound to fill you with homicidal rage at stupid Fox execs. And in the case of episode 7 you have Caroline Dhavernas (Jai) wearing a midriff baring outfit the entire episode.

Which reminds me I still dont get Rory's overly preppy wardrobe given how they presented her season 1. She seemed far more eccelectic minded. I'd see her dressing more like say Amber Tamblyn in Joan of Arcadia in high school (when not in the school uniform) and Caroline Dhavernas in wonderfalls. Bright clashing colors thrown together almost haphazardly but in a stylish fashion.

9) Cute girl comes to town on Deadwood. Gets employed as a prostitute. I look forward to see her undressed. But instead they beat the daylights out of her and shoot her dead in the head. Damn, sometimes there is a downside to watching a show that heartless and grim.

10) Been pointed out to me now that i have 500 posts I can use an avatar now. Shrunk an Alexis pic down but still gotta decide whether I want to keep or come up with something new. Need to learn how to do that animated gif thing.

11) Hot list.

01 - Girl in tight blue sweater at the start watching the kids with Miss Patty. Takes the spot from Rory because of her stupidity.

02 - Rory broke the cardinal rule against cleavage and gets points for that. Gets points for looking like a regular college student for once. But cant get the top spot because abject stupidity is very unattractive.

03 - Janet

04 - Lorelai.

05 - Paris

06 - Lane.

07 - Tana. Guess it's too late to see her in something non-amish. Damn TPTB for not developping her character more and letting us see more of her and Janet.

84 - Liz. Sorry, just dont like her. I pray they dont add her to the cast.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let me start out by expressing my disappointment with Rory for getting it on with loser #1 aka Dean. She couldn`t help herself. Plus she should`ve known that Dean wasn`t going to dump Lindsay and return to her like that. All he wanted was a booty call. I didn`t feel a bit sorry for Rory. She should`ve known better. BTW i`m also disappointed that they didn`t show at least a little of the steamy session. I would`ve love to seen Rory show a little skin.

As for Luke and Lorelai, it`s about time he kissed her. All that`s left is to rent one of the better rooms at the Dragonfly for the special night. Of course they have to show that so that we get to see Lorelai in some sexy lingerie.

Anyway here`s the hotties list:

1. Lorelai

2. Rory

3. Lulu

4. Lane
Old 05-18-2004, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Luke and Lorelai kissing good. Jezebel and Dean bad. Jezebel constantly pursued him. She got herself involved in Dean's marriage and disrupted it. Like Lindsay doesnt know she's calling him all the time. He does the right thing and tries to avoid her and she follows him and flirts with him.

Then acts self-righteous when her mom tells her like it is. And of course she KNOWS Dean is still married. She just believes she is just so special that Dean is bound to dump his wife for her. Which is why she cries her little heart out when Lindsay answers the phone. She can't have her little Dean. Poor baby. Save your tears for when Lindsay gives you the beating you deserve.

Dean of course is slime. And why Rory thinks a guy who'd cheat on his wife wouldnt cheat on her is beyond me except that Rory if anything doesnt not have an inferiority complex. She always believes she's better than anyone else which is inflated by the fact that everyone usually does tell her that. But back to Dean. He's constantly jealous to the point of violence. If Dean drinks at all I wouldnt want to be in Lindsay's shoes.

But of course the worst part? No bedroom scene of the two of them and we don't see any skin.

Hot list:

1) Lulu. I've had a thing for Rini Bell for the longest time. Been meaning to cap her in Bring It On for ages since for some reason everyone neglects her.

2) Lorelai.

3) Lane.

4) Jezebel gets bumped down to cheating.

6.8 billion) Sally Struthers.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 05-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Enough of unhappy Rory/Dean thoughts... commenting on other shows..

1) Nice season finale for Smallville. In fact it would've been a GREAT series finale. Especially considering IMHO Smallville is just about spent creatively and it would be ending on a high note. Of course the ratings are good enough that it would never happen. Just look at Seventh Heaven.

2) Angel ending was blah. Good episode though. And loved Illyria. But damn the WB for cancelling it. Especially when they put lame improv shows that probably will end up being cancelled in short order anyway.

3) On 24. Sherry too? They really want to kill of all my favorite characters this year. Yet Kim somehow continues to live.

4) And at least there is one bit of good programming news. Arrested Development lives! But Fox is doing some weird stuff with their schedule. Including moving 24 to Monday in January.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, the season finale for Smallville was excellent. I only caught the last five minutes but I have it on tape. Talk about letting *EVERYTHING* hang up in the air.

Rory giving her v-card to Dean. That little trollup! Do you think maybe the writers may have read our comments about Rory being more likely to give her v-card to Kirk than she was to give it to Dean? Anyway, so she give it to Dean. Let me echo the "ugh" and "blech" of others. Maybe Rory will now start dating married college professors.

Lorelai and Luke... Even though I had become so disinterested in them, it was nice. But I wonder what the writers have planned to create angst and suspense. Will Rachel return? Will Christopher return?

Raja: Please allow me to give you a very big WORD on your commentary on slimy Dean and ****ty Jezebel. Perfectly said. Enough said.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Pics to spice up the summer blahs of the thread, courtesy of Maxim and their article on Arielle Kebbel (aka Lindsay) . Mods, if these are too much, feel free to PM me and I'll link to them instead;

Quote:
NAUGHTY BY NATURE
Interview by Paul Semel and Jane Dryer
Photographs by Craig DeCristo

For 19-year-old actress Arielle Kebbel, skimpy outfits are just another day at work. In HBO's new series Entourage, she's a Tinseltown knockout; in Soul Plane she plays a sexy passenger, in Be Cool, the upcoming sequel to Get Shorty, she's a skimpily dressed assistant; and on Gilmore Girls...well, she's good on Gilmore Girls. As you know, we're not so pure. So we sat her down and asked her some dirty questions.

When you were researching your role in the hip-hop airline flick Soul Plane, did you join the mile-high club?

No, though I do have a little list in my head of places I'd like to try. The feeling of sneaking around, doing something where you're not supposed to, that's very sexy.

So was your outfit in the movie.

My character is very...open with her body. None of the women in the movie could bend over, let's put it that way.

Do you mind wearing limited clothing?

I just shot the Entourage pilot for HBO. With a cable channel, there are no limits. We did a scene where a bunch of us strip down and go swimming. They handed me a thong, and I was like, "Um, no!". I wound up in a bra and some cute boy shorts.

Do you wear little outfits at home too?

I don't actually walk around in a shirt and a bikini bottom, but I do have a thing for cute underwear. I wear it whenever I go out.

You're constantly playing sexy women. Do you like the girlie roles?

I'm totally waiting in play a badass Kill Bill-type. When I did Law & Order: Special Victims Unit I got to kill a girl, and when I was on Judging Amy, I got to beat the **** out of this girl, and both were so much fun.

Does it bother you that most of Maxim's readers will be too transfixed by your pictures to even read this?

No, but I don't really read the articles, either; I just look at the hot pictures. Though I probably don't do what a lot of people do with it.

Use it as wrapping paper?

Never!

When you meet guys, do you hear Little Mermaid and Kibbles 'n Bits jokes?

It happens. I'm past it at this point. And then they're like "I'm sure you've never heard that before." I just smile and nod.

Do you ever make the first move?

It depends on the mood. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, though women do like to feel pursued.

Finally, do hot women really get to flirt their way out of speeding tickets?

I wish! One night I was driving and so infatuated with dipping French fries into my milk shake, that I drove right through a stop sign. The cop who pulled me over had no mercy. I really tried to flirt my way out of it, but the more I did, the more he hated me.
Pics...

Old 06-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. Now I just gotta think of some stuff to say to get some life back in this thread.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

*delurking*

Ok, after seeing those pics.. what was Dean thinking being with Rory?!

yes, I thought this thread disappeared for a while.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 06-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Damn! Arielle looks hotter than hell in those pics I wish we got to see her like this on the show. Thanks for posting those pics Nate. BTW i`m disappointed that she didn`t wear a thong in that scene for Entourage, but at least we`ll get to see her get wet. Plus i hope this is a prelude to Lauren and Liza doing some hot photos for Maxim. We`re long overdue to see that.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 06-23-2004 at 08:45 PM
Old 07-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Ooh la la. I agree. What the hell was Doofus Dean thinking?

I can't believe it's been over a month since anyone has posted here. Of course, it's been almost two months since I've been here.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread