Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

Ed Wood Discussion Thread #1

Plot:

The mostly true story of the legendary director of awful movies and his strange group of friends and actors.

Cast:

Johnny Depp as Ed Wood

Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi

Sarah Jessica Parker as Dolores Fuller

Patricia Arquette as Kathy O'Hara

Jeffrey Jones as Criswell

G.D. Spradlin as Reverend Lemon

Vincent D'Onofrio as Orson Welles

Bill Murray ... Bunny Breckinridge

Last edited by Melissa Ann; 04-23-2010 at 03:14 PM
Old 04-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

At first, hi cleis666. I think I know you from the European thread at FFC board [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also haven't seen this movie yet, but I know pretty much about Ed Wood. Movie may seem strange to you, because Ed Wood was a bit... strange. People say that he loved making movies so much, that nothing could stop him. He was making them in 4-5 days and they were, uhm... not as good as films we know. You cold see cables on the screen while watching it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ed Wood's story is very interesting so I think that I'm gonna watch this movie one day.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm not really in love with the movie as a whole, but Johnny was phenomenal. I say this all the time, but it's true. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I read somewhere that a good actor is one that can erase himself from the role he's playing, and Johnny does it. It was so weird to see him acting manic all the time.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Good movie, but GREAT preformance for Johnny's sake. It's definetly weird, but I thought very good. Anyone have any pics from the movie?
Old 04-23-2004, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kasienka:
<STRONG>At first, hi cleis666. I think I know you from the European thread at FFC board [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also haven't seen this movie yet, but I know pretty much about Ed Wood. Movie may seem strange to you, because Ed Wood was a bit... strange. People say that he loved making movies so much, that nothing could stop him. He was making them in 4-5 days and they were, uhm... not as good as films we know. You cold see cables on the screen while watching it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ed Wood's story is very interesting so I think that I'm gonna watch this movie one day.</STRONG>
oh yeah that's where I know you from! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I saw your name and couldn't quite place it. Though it's been a while since I went there, I should go there again.

I'm gonna watch it this weekend I think. Got it on tape but didn't have the time yet to watch it.

I'll let you guys know what I think of it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

cleis666 - I ahve to visit that thread too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's been a long time...

Does any of you know if there's Ed Wood on DVD or VHS. I plan doing JD marathon right after my exams [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

hm not sure but good luck with your exams!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by cleis666:
<STRONG>hm not sure but good luck with your exams!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thank you [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Exams are so scary. Aspecially when so many things depend on them... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Ed Wood just came out on DVD this past year. I saw a write-up about it in Premire magazine. I wonder what extras it would have... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kasienka:
<STRONG>

Thank you [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Exams are so scary. Aspecially when so many things depend on them... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
yeah true, they're the spawn of evil! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

Johanna - Ed Wood on DVD? Sounds great! Does anyone know if dvds (as well as VHS) have those "regions"?

cleis - I have no idea why they do exams, but if they want them so much, than... well... what to do? Stupid thing. But only a few days more and freak year will be almost over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Can't wait.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:31 PM
PerfectlyPoisonous

Love this movie, bought it on DVD not long ago.

I heard it was released on DVD earlier this year, then recalled. Not sure why. It has a fabulously funny 'behind the scenes' thing with Johnny in drag, and a couple of other features.

I can upload the Johnny in Drag clip, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it, copyright and all [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kasienka
Johanna - Ed Wood on DVD? Sounds great! Does anyone know if dvds (as well as VHS) have those "regions"?

cleis - I have no idea why they do exams, but if they want them so much, than... well... what to do? Stupid thing. But only a few days more and freak year will be almost over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Can't wait.
yeah, those suck . Only a few more and hopefully no more after that
Old 06-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Johnny in Ed Wood. A great character. He works really well with SJP.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ed Wood screencaps

Sasha