Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Shooting Livien: SXSW Travel Plans Thread! Updated 3/12/05

Thought we should have a thread to help us organize travel plans, roommates, airport rendezvous, etc.

SXSW Festival Link

previously, ably posted by Jason'sLover4Life:

Shooting Livien Official Site!
http://www.shootinglivien.com

Synopsis: A dark psychological drama, Shooting Livien explores the inner psyche of John Livien, a disillusioned New York musician who deals with a childhood trauma by claiming an alter ego. His band on the brink of success, fantasy becomes dangerously blurred with reality as Livien struggles with his identity crisis. At the peak of his insanity Livien decides to take his dementia to the furthest reaches.?

Production Facts:

Production company: Velveteen Films, Inc. & Intrinsic Value

Writer/Director: Rebecca Cook

Cast: Jason Behr, Sarah Wynter, Dominic Monaghan, Joshua Leonard, Ally Sheedy, Polly Draper, Jay 0. Sanders

Producers: Aimee Schoof, Isen Robbins

Co-Producer: Seth Carmichael

Executive Producers: Nick Edney, Ben Cammarata, Jamie Selway, Peter Sterling, Neil DeSena

Editor: Paul Zucker

Casting: Christine Sheaks

Legal: Steven C. Beer, Mary Miles

Director of Photography: Harlan Bosmajian

Shoot dates: November 15th - December 14th, 2003

Locations: The entire shoot took place on location in New York City and Brooklyn, NY. Some of the locations included Coney Island, Brooklyn Promenade, Central Park and D.U.M.B.O.

Shooting Livien on IMDb!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0371212/combined

The Third Thread!

The Fourth Thread!

official poster

this is fan art created by our own Oceana:

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 03-12-2005 at 12:04 PM
Old 01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Michelle!

I think this will help with organizing your trip and keep the Livien thread for movie details only!

P.S. I added the link to the festival in your first post!

Last edited by *Vicki*; 01-12-2005 at 10:52 AM
Old 01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the thread Michelle. Seeing as this seems to be a huge event, organizing and planning is a must. I hope I can be able to go and share this experience with all of you!
Old 01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason's Lover4life
Thanks for the thread Michelle. Seeing as this seems to be a huge event, organizing and planning is a must. I hope I can be able to go and share this experience with all of you!
I agree Crystal I hope I can go too

Michelle thanks for opening this thread, I read you points on the other thread and you've made my mind up about the ticket thing

Thanks

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Addicted Fan

How do you get a ticket/badge

Hey

I might be really thick, but I'm hoping someone can help.

How do you buy one of those film passes??

It asks you to register but I'm not sure what for surely if you're buying a pass, then they'll want payment details.

I'm completely confused

and have I understood that the Film Badge gets you into all films shown?

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, so where do I find the exact day they'll show the movie? I won't be there the whole time! And do I really have to buy a pass? I'd rather just go see the movie and that's all. I don't have to worry about a place to stay, I already have several people that I could stay with......
So, I just wanna see the movie......and if Jason is there, I wanna see him too
Other than that, my friend and I will be down at 6th Street partying.....
Proud Obsessie #130!

"Does he belong to you?" Cop to Elizabeth, Jake's sister in Happily, Even After
"Max will always be a part of me..." Jason Behr at ComicCon 2004 .
Old 01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

So I was looking up airfare for this and from where I live in PA it is only $303.00 roundtrip to Austin. I really want to go and I really wanna see this movie but I dont know if I am gonna be able to with school and work. And besides I have a feeling it will be accepted at Tribeca this year, I hope!!! (fingers crossed). If I am gonna go I think I have to book my flight by the end of next week. YEEHAWW!!! BEHRIANS BOMBARDING TEXAS!!!
"Whether I am on the sand on a beach in Tahiti or in downtown Los Angeles working in the middle of the night, I am happy. As long as I'm acting, that's the most important thing: to be able to find a really good story and tell it the best way I can." -Jason Behr
Old 01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxbehr
Okay, so where do I find the exact day they'll show the movie? I won't be there the whole time! And do I really have to buy a pass? I'd rather just go see the movie and that's all. I don't have to worry about a place to stay, I already have several people that I could stay with......
So, I just wanna see the movie......and if Jason is there, I wanna see him too
Other than that, my friend and I will be down at 6th Street partying.....

Michelle- Thanks for starting new thread.

Lynxbehr- I know what you mean in some sorts I really want to go, however going in March in the middle of the month then going again at the end of april has got me thinking. I mean still thinking so nothing definite yet so I am hoping to make decision soon however when I do decide I am going to be paying 250 for the badge

Right now just so confused

carol
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am in!

I will definitely be looking for roommates. And I'd be thrilled to be party central again. What can I say? It's a calling.

Also, do we have any contacts within the production? I'd like to do t-shirts again. But I'd like to have the productions permission. It is a copyrighted film and they would be justified in saying "copyright enfringement" if we use the name and any images from the film without their okay. I can't imagine they'd have a problem with us doing something to promote the film, but we don't want them to be annoyed with us for not checking with them.

Kara

Obsessed JB Fan #96 aka "Behrnut"

Just keep talking. I'll catch up. - Booth
Old 01-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Hi all

For those finding out dates for when the show is, they don't post them until around the second week of February. And I think you need a credit card to buy the badge

Thanks for starting the thread Michelle
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Michelle: Thank you for starting the thread!

Jennifer: Thank you for contacting the South by Southwest people for info.

Lotty: I have been definitely thinking about going to Austin. Then deciding that I am not going because of the money stuff. Then thinking that I want to go.

Yep... I have made up my mind about 20 times over the last few days. Giggle. And still haven't come to any clear decision.

to Kara, Carol, Lynxbehr, Luv2, Crystal & Vicki!

Maggie
Old 01-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric One
I am in!

I will definitely be looking for roommates. And I'd be thrilled to be party central again. What can I say? It's a calling.

Also, do we have any contacts within the production? I'd like to do t-shirts again. But I'd like to have the productions permission. It is a copyrighted film and they would be justified in saying "copyright enfringement" if we use the name and any images from the film without their okay. I can't imagine they'd have a problem with us doing something to promote the film, but we don't want them to be annoyed with us for not checking with them.

Kara
FYI: Before you guys decide on the t-shirts or not, please be sure to contact GoldenBoy and/or Jerry D to get approval to even post messages about them. Since FF does not allow any type of advertising of items for sell. I know last time we let it go but they have made a lot of changes recently and are becoming sticklers about this now.

Thanks!
From the FF Rules at the top of the forum.....
1) No advertisements, chain letters or pyramid schemes are allowed on our forums. Solicitation of any kind, including direct linking to events such as charity auctions, is not permitted unless it’s pre-approved by the Management Team.

So be sure to get approval and let Mar and I know what's up before you start talking about t-shirts on the board.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I called the SXSW office today to find out about tickets. I told her a "few" friends and I wanted to come down to see a few films, but didn't work in the industry and were not interested in attending the conference events or the exhibits. She told me they will be offering a Film Pass for movies only, and you can see as many movies as you want. They will post information about the Film Pass on their web site in February. Probably around the time they post the film schedule. She didn't have any idea of the cost.

So those of you who were considering buying the $225 Film Badges might want to wait until February to see what the Film Pass is all about. Hopefully it will cost a lot less.

The movies will be shown at various theaters in the downtown area of Austin. From the research I've been doing, most of the downtown hotels are pretty much booked. But there are lots of hotels around Austin to choose from. That just means most of you will have to rent cars, too, since public transportation is pretty much non-existent in Austin. But that shouldn't be a big deal since the hotel rates will probably be cheaper outside of downtown anyway.

So now all we have to do is wait until February.
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

"The excitement is in not knowing what is next." ~ Jason Behr
Old 01-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsey

She told me they will be offering a Film Pass for movies only, and you can see as many movies as you want. They will post information about the Film Pass on their web site in February. Probably around the time they post the film schedule. She didn't have any idea of the cost.
And we are back on Just like Maggie, I made up my mind about 30 times since this was announced. The only thing that hasn't changed is the fact that I really, really, really wanna go!

So I guess it's just a game of wait and see now... Oh well. I have a lot of time on my hands anyway

FL

----
Max: "Then you can be Fearless Leader"
#2 OBSESSED JB FAN ~ DOM

Last edited by FearlessLeader; 01-13-2005 at 11:16 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Driving in Texas!!! Well, I suppose if I can drive in LA, I can drive anywhere (and I'll probably hate it as much as I do driving around here).

Me too, FL, very on again/off again with Austin, until we have more details. Want to see this really a lot, but want to make sure I'm going to get in to see it before I spend $$ getting there.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrnaLynne
Driving in Texas!!! Well, I suppose if I can drive in LA, I can drive anywhere (and I'll probably hate it as much as I do driving around here).

Texas is easy to drive in compared to LA! Plenty of WIDE OPEN SPACES!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

I won't be going to Texas but I hope all of you that get to go have a chance to see the film - and more than once if possible. Here are a few movie posters I made months ago when the stills came out and I was inspired. I showed my first art, the red infused wallpaper, to Scott and he asked me to try making some posters and to include more of the cast in my poster - but my favorite one is the one of Jason alone. Hope you enjoy them!
Click for wallpaper...
“I’m drawn more towards independent-minded things because I think that’s where the most interesting stories are. But, it doesn’t really matter to me if it’s a big-budget thing, or a small little bare-bones movie that I have to pay to be in. For me, it’s more about the story and the character than anything else.”
~ Jason Behr
Old 01-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Fearless! I hope you will be able to come.

MyrnaLynne I've driven in Boston and every major city in Texas. There is no difference at all. Piece of cake for you!

LTF your Livien art is really nice. I hope Scott is paying you my dear.
OBSESSED JB FAN #89

"The excitement is in not knowing what is next." ~ Jason Behr
Old 01-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I won't be able to go so i hope everyone that does has the best time and gets lots of pics

LTF amazing art
Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

For those people from across the pond.....

This is posted on the SXSW website for their deals for travel.

Transatlantic Air Travel for 2005
Media Travel (formerly Music Travel Ltd) has seats available now from London Gatwick to Houston with a deluxe motorcoach direct from the Houston Airport to your Austin hotel for only £295 (plus £65 taxes and charges). Inexpensive add-ons from Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester (£59), Dublin (£85), Paris, (£59), and Amsterdam (£65). See schedules at www.mediatravel.com.

Contact Guy Lindsay-Watson by email guy@mediatravel.com or phone 0044-020-7627-2112

I only stumbled across this while registering for a badge, so I don't know if it can be found without or not. I haven't checked. But I just wanted to make sure that our EC/UK knew about this possibility.

Kara

Old 01-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have reserved a room at the Crowne Plaza through my purchase of a film badge. I have room to take another three people in the room and this hotel has free broadband!

I can always cancel this if I need to....but I wanted to get myself in to a close hotel with broadband or WiFi. I'm looking at being there late, late on the 11th through the 15th. I can make changes to my reservation through the festival.

If anyone wants a roommate and doesn't mind a smoke or a party room......

This hotel is supposed to be 3 blocks from the film festival HDQ and walking distance to all cinemas involved. Not to mention one block from the infamous 6th Street. Parking is valet. But appears to allow for in and out parking...unlike the Hilton.

Kara

Old 01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

all

I purchased my badge earlier this evening and will hopefully book a room this weekend unless one of my buddies does I am also planning to arrive around midnight on the 11th and go home possibly on the 16th in the late morning, not sure yet, it all depends on the movie
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 01-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, still going.....Haven't changed my mind about that. But I'm going with a few friends of mine that live here in Houston with me. One of them, my best friend knows plenty of people who live in and around the Austin area. I also have two relatives that live there so hotels aren't a prob.
Well, now I'm waiting for the info in Feb. about tickets and the exact dates..... I don't want to stay too long and as I said, I'll only be going to see the movie. My friends and I have plans to stake out 6th Street after that..... it's what Sunset Strip would be to Jason.... heh heh....
Proud Obsessie #130!

"Does he belong to you?" Cop to Elizabeth, Jake's sister in Happily, Even After
"Max will always be a part of me..." Jason Behr at ComicCon 2004 .
Old 01-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer 4 Ever
all

I purchased my badge earlier this evening and will hopefully book a room this weekend unless one of my buddies does I am also planning to arrive around midnight on the 11th and go home possibly on the 16th in the late morning, not sure yet, it all depends on the movie

Jen- You got the badge right? How much was it? I am not going to be able to get anything till next month. Is that too late? I will pm you

Kara- You are awesome.

Lynxbehr-
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 01-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by out of this world
Jen- You got the badge right? How much was it? I am not going to be able to get anything till next month. Is that too late? I will pm you
Yea Carol I did buy the Film Badge, it was a bit pricey but I figured, what the hell I won't have many bills due in March anyway so I went a little crazy.

Kara Looking forward to seeing you again

Lynx Can't wait to see ya!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread