Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was going to go into my beliefs on the after-life, but then I realized that's not the question, it's What is Death, not What is After Death. My beliefs on this are much less complicated and religious. Death is simply a transition, between a body and a spirit, it is a small milestone in someones life, I do believe in a very long, infinate after-life.

Kiss_Me_Kate323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I think that afterlife beliefs go along with the question... for if someone doesn't believe in an afterlife, death is just the end. If they do believe in it, then thus, death would be a transition into something else.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Like most of you, I believe there is more to do after you die... However, I still think you should live life to it's fullest, and not just sit around hoping for your eternal 'reward' as it were. Life is meant to be lived imo, whatever it's form...and death is simply that, a part of life...
Old 04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica
Like most of you, I believe there is more to do after you die... However, I still think you should live life to it's fullest, and not just sit around hoping for your eternal 'reward' as it were. Life is meant to be lived imo, whatever it's form...and death is simply that, a part of life...
I completely agree. I do believe in 'eternal rewards' but you have to earn them by living a good life to the best of your ability, it won't just come to you.

Kiss_Me_Kate323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

*sighs* one of my best friend is loosing her mom soon....again the question comes to mind again.
MsPerfectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra from *NOL
*sighs* one of my best friend is loosing her mom soon....again the question comes to mind again.
Awwww...I feel for your friend, man... I send all of you my best...
Old 05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I think death is the end. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean at the end of a great play, the curtains close and the show's over. You get kinda sad that it's over but then if it was a good play then you're glad you at least got to see it and that you had a fun time while you were there. I'm not sure where we came from or where we're going, but I think once you're dead, you're six feet under. We're here for just a tiny speck of time, less than a snap relative to many other things, and so we should enjoy life and accept death.

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

as a wise man once said "a person can live a hundred years without really living a minute, and if u go up there with me it's one less minute u haven't lived" and it's true because there are so many things in life that u are afraid to do and life is a time worth living and if u wonder wat could have been or are scared your whole life death is a way to punish you

otherwise death is a way to congradualate you for living your life, and it never ends a relationship
lol
unapologetic mocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica
Awwww...I feel for your friend, man... I send all of you my best...
thanx
Old 06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

I've previously said that my friend's mom is dying, I just learned that she died this morning after fighting with cancer for almost 3 years.

me & mom had a discussing about religion & afterlife. It's funny how she thinks that people "go" to a different place depending on our religion. I think that we all "go" to the same place if we do have a place to go.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Death is literally the separation of the spirit from the body. Your spirit goes to the spirit world and continnues to exist and progress, awaiting resurrection.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Total Fan

I've thought about this some in the past...and it's hard for me, as a scientist, to try to figure out. I think science tries to explain some things that just aren't explainable. Like personalities and such. I'd like to think that there's something coming afterwards, but I just don't know. I'm not really religious, but I can't imagine that this is all we're here for.

And, I don't know what I'd do if I had eternal life...would I choose to die to see what's next? I don't really know. Life is hard, so maybe I would. But the uncertainty of it is really hard. I think people who commit suicide (not that I condone it) are just the people who have realized that that risk for them is better than living miserable now. So, I guess I'd have to see how I was enjoying or not enjoying life at that point.
Marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dont think that the dead could be the real end. I dont know what there is but there must be something
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 AM
Elite Fan

Life is what happens while you are making plans.
So Death is what happens when you stopped making them.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icytiger8888
the opposite of life
I don't think so..
Marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread