View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
lancer1993
Fan Forum Hero

ASK AUSIELLO - 26 April

Question: Great interview with Team Palladino. You asked all the questions I wanted answers to. It still hurts and it still sucks, but at least I understand better now. Good work, my friend. — Annie

Ausiello: Thanks for that. Many of you have been asking for my reaction to the interview and, honestly, the whole thing just breaks my heart. It wasn't until Amy started talking about those infamous last two (now four) words that it finally hit me: They're really leaving. Up until that point, I was enjoying my comfy-cozy suite at Denial Inn. For better or worse, Gilmore Girls is Amy and Dan's story, and the thought of someone else coming in and finishing the last chapter is just plain depressing. And the fact that this season wasn't a home run doesn't make it any easier. Just the opposite. Even more reason for them to come back and knock it out of the park in Year 7. I know some of you feel like Amy came off as arrogant and condescending in the interview, but as someone who has spoken to her many times, trust me when I say that was just Amy being Amy. I truly believe the entire experience has been "a freaking nightmare," like she said. Am I mad that she couldn't make a deal happen with Warner Bros.? Sure. Is it frustrating that she wouldn't cop to making a single mistake this season? Yeah. But that's one of the things I love about her. She is who she is. A stubborn, sassy motormouth, just like Lorelai. And gosh darnit, I'm gonna miss her.

Question: On the April 11 Gilmore Girls, Jess was wearing a T-shirt with a girl's picture on it. Who was on the shirt? Some thought it was Rory. — Linda Boyles

Ausiello: The picture was of the band Dinosaur Jr. Now apologize to Alexis Bledel.

Question: Can you give us anything on the Rory-Logan cliff-hanger on Gilmore Girls? A hint? A clue? Just a little scoop, please? Not even a scoop, just a scooplet? — Grace

Ausiello: Despite what you may have heard, their "final" scene together — which is both sweet and sad, I'm told — does not take place in an airport. That doesn't mean he's not still going to London though. It only means they won't be saying good-bye in an airport. How's that for a major spoiler!

Question: On the April 18 Gilmore Girls, when Lauren Graham said "frakkin'," it definitely reminded me of you. — Stephanie

Ausiello: Yeah, that reminded me of me, too. (RIP Team Palladino.)