View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 AM
caf123
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaab
Here is some blog from Angel Cohn (TVGUIDE) about our lovely Rose ... All the 'issues' seem to be from a couple of years ago, so maybe all is fine now
The link to Angel's blog entry here. The NYTimes wedding article is here. The NY Observer is here (follow Angel's search directions or PM me for the five-page article).

Angel talked with Ausiello about DR’s background on the 21 April Podcast transcribed by Lorelaisgirl here. The Observer adds this explanation about his "giving money to girls":

Quote:
By the fall, Mr. Rosenthal's life was in disarray. He had moved out of his house. He kicked around for awhile before moving into the Mondrian Hotel on Sunset Boulevard because he wanted to "live like a rock star." By then he had also begun a foundation, called The Creators, and he gave $50,000 grants to young female artists, whom he felt were largely ignored in Hollywood. Some of the recipients he knew well; some of them he didn't. A few women were weirded out by the offer, he said, but more than 20 took it. "Some people are really blown away by it," said Caroline Surace, an actress and grant recipient who met Mr. Rosenthal last winter while working at the Mondrian's famous Sky Bar.

Around that time, Mr. Rosenthal said he had a kind of revelation.
"My way to liberate myself was just to be truthful," he said. "Completely truthful. And once I decided that, I went hog wild."
And TVGuide blogger Daniel has this perspective:
Quote:
You Gotta Start Somewhere
At the risk of getting sucked into the maelstrom caused by the exit of executive producers Daniel and Palladino Amy Sherman-Palladino from Gilmore Girls (which was reported first on TVGuide.com by Michael Ausiello), I just want to caution panicky fans from getting too wrapped up in poring over the past credits of new show-runner, David S. Rosenthal.

Sure, before becoming a writer/producer on GG, he worked on several mediocre series such as Arsenio, Good Morning, Miami, Hope & Faith and Ellen, but so what? Perhaps in no other industry is past performance less of a predictor of future success than Hollywood.

Case in point: Would you buy seven DVD box sets from the writer of the dreadful Alien: Resurrection and Parenthood, the TV spin-off? You might have: His name is Joss Whedon. Are you hopelessly addicted to a show from the mastermind behind the Melissa Joan Hart teen flop Drive Me Crazy? I know I am: It's Rob Thomas. And on May 5, will you stand in line for a movie directed by the genius responsible for the awful films Regarding Henry, Taking Care of Business and Gone Fishin'? Since that director is J.J. Abrams, the answer is probably yes.

So do not burn down the Stars Hollow gazebo in outrage just yet. This Rosenthal guy may end up surprising everyone. And considering the negativity many GG fans have espoused this season (much of which I agree with, by the way), this jolt of change may end up salvaging the series.

Just as long as Arsenio Hall doesn't become Lorelai's wacky new neighbor.
Posted by: Daniel Manu 04/21/2006 11:42 AM

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.