View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Jet1945
Extreme Fan

Episode 6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse - Casting Sides Summary

Episode 6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse
Air date: 18 Oct 2005

Info taken from Sides in the Pre-Shooting Script released 12 Sep 2005

The information summarized below is taken from the 3 Sides for a Courier, Edgar Pullings, and a Little Girl.

I will include context and stage descriptions where appropriate.
  • Characters:
    Courier - Man, Delivering a box to the Dragonfly
    Edgar Pullings - World's Oldest Handyman
    Little Girl - A girl in Luke's.

Editor Note: The Casting Sides are very sparse for this episode. The first one starts with Scene 7 already in progress at the Dragonfly.

Interior - Dragonfly - Time Unknown - Scene 7 -

Editor Note: Scene 7 is already in progress between Michel, Sookie, and Lorelai. Sookie and Michel are appear to be caught up in the possibility of the Inn being in jeopardy.

Michel is commenting - "You know what this means, don't you."

Lorelai tells Sookie and Michel - "It means nothing!"

Sookie rants - "It means we'll be forced to close. I'll have to go work at a Cinnabon, which I guess is better than working at Cinnaboil.

Lorelai continues to tell them - "We will not Close!" and continues talking into the phone - "Uh huh. Well, Joey, if his car is still there then he's probably still there too, right?... Yes, I am exactly like Angela Landsbury."

Michel mumbles to no one in particular - "I wonder if the Soho Grand is hiring."

Lorelai, a bit frustrated to both of them - "I want you both to chill out. I'm going to fix this as soon as I get Taylor on the phone."

Sookie ripostes - "Okay. Maybe if we come up with a catchy phrase. Something funny so it seems like we're in on the joke, you know? Like we're aware, ironic and hip.

Michel, still whining - "like what? What catchy phrase using the words Sores and Boils will make us seem like we're in on the joke?"

Stage Direction: A Courier enters with a small box.

Courier asks - "Delivery?"

Lorelai jumps in - "I'll sign for it."

Editor Note: Scene 7 continues for some length.

End of Casting Side for the Courier.

Editor Note: The second one starts with Scene 16 already in progress at the Pool House of the Gilmore Mansion.

Interior - Pool House - Gilmore Mansion - Time Unknown - Scene 16 -

Editor Note: Scene 16 is already in progress between Rory, Emily and Edgar. Rory is greeting them at the door.

Rory tells Emily and Edgar - "No, come on in."

Stage Direction: Emily enter with Edgar Pullings, who looks like the world's oldest handyman - he could be a hundred. Edgar is wearing overalls, a cap, and thick glasses. Emily is carrying his toolbox and has her arm through his as a kind of support.

Emily introduces Edgar - "Rory, this is Edgar Pullings. He installed the intercom forty-six years ago."

Rory responds with - "Nice to meet you."

Stage Direction: Edgar doesn't react.

Emily is a loud voice to Edgar - "She said nice to meet you."

Edgar tells Rory - "Oh. Nice to meet you, young lady.

Emily is a pleased manner to Rory - "He calls me that, too." She turns to Edgar and in a loud voice - "Right in there, Edgar!"

Edgar - "I'll have a look-see."

[I]Stage Direction: Edgar starts to shuffle off towards Rory's bedroom."

Emily calls after Edgar - "You just give a holler when you're situated and I'll bring in your toolbox. And if you're feeling faint or need a glass of water, don't be shy."

[I]Stage Direction: Edgar waves his understanding and disappears into Rory's bedroom."

Emily continues to Rory - "I'm sorry for the short notice. But once I found him I figured I'd better get him over here on the double.

Editor Note" Scene 16 continues for some length.

End of Casting Sides for Edgar Pullings.

Editor Note: The last Casting Side starts with Scene 25 already in progress at Luke's Diner

Interior - Luke's Diner - Time Unknown (Night 4) - Scene 25 -

Editor Note: Scene 25 is already in progress between Luke and Lorelai.

Luke is asking Lorelai - "You want coffee?"

Lorelai - "I'm beyond coffee."

Luke a bit puzzled - "Beyond coffee? This is big."

Lorelai starts in - "I'm fueled by my righteous indignation. I will fill you in later."

Luke tells her - "I'll be here."

Lorelai - "Bye."

Stage Direction: She gives him a quick kiss and exits. Luke looks at the kids, who are looking at him again.

Luke in annoyed tone - "What?"

A Little Girl timidly says - "You said you'd give us a cookie."

Luke, abashed - "Oh, right."

Stage Direction: Luke rushed to get them cookies.

End of Scene 2

Editor Note; We have the set-up and Sookie's first dialog on the next scene.

Interior - Dragonfly Inn - Kitchen - Later that Night (Night 4) - Scene 26 -

Stage Direction: Sookie and Michel are awaiting Lorelai's return. Lorelai enters triumphantly, fresh from the town meeting.

Sookie - "So?"

End of all Casting Sides for Episode 6.06 - Welcome To The Dollhouse.