Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Jet1945
Extreme Fan

Episode 5.19 - But, I'm A Gimore - Amended Casting Sides Summary

Amended Casting Sides Summary

Episode 5.19 - But I'm A Gilmore
Projected Air date: 26 Apr 2005

Info taken from Sides in the Shooting Script 3/1/05 - Amended 2 Mar 05

The information summarized below is taken from the 8 Sides published on 3/1/05 and 3/2/05 for Elias, Shira, Honor, Man, Woman, May, Manny, and Josh.

I will include context and stage descriptions where appropriate.

There is very little blacked out dialog and Stage Direction..
  • Characters:
    Elias Huntzberger - Grandfather Huntzberger - Mitchum's Father, Logan's Grandfather
    Shira Huntzberger - Logan's Mother
    Honor Huntzberger - Logan's Sister
    Josh - Honor's Fiancé
    May - Yalie Girl, a past date of Logan's
    Man - part of a twentyish Man - Woman Couple checking in at the Dragon Fly
    Woman - Part of a twentyish Man - Woman Couple checking in at the Dragon Fly
    Manny - Kitchen Worker at the Dragonfly Inn

Editor Note: A fragment of Scene 4 is picked up in progress. The basic scene is between Rory and Logan. It is apparent that they are discussing, if not arguing, about Logan's ability to commit to a single girl, Rory. The location and time is not known, but based on succeeding scenes it can be assumed to by and Interior - Day (Day 1).

Interior Location Unknown - Day (Day 1) - Scene 4 -

Editor Note: The scene is in progress.

Logan and Rory are discussing, if not arguing a bit, over Logan's ability to commit.

We pick up with Logan telling Rory that if he says he can, then he can.

Rory tells him that he has a hundred girls on speed dial. He keeps a second bathrobe in his closet for overnight guests.

Logan tells Rory that is all beside the point. Rory came there to say that she was unhappy with the situation, right?

Rory tells him that he is right.

Logan somewhat petulantly says, "Fine. I've rectified the situation. Problem solved."

Rory - "No. Problem not solved."

Logan tells Rory, "Hey, if I say I can do this than I can do this!"

Stage Direction: There's a knock at he door. Logan opens it. A very pretty, perky girl, May stands outside.

May pipes up, "Hey Logan, Thought maybe I could get you to buy me lunch."

Stage Direction: Logan sighs.

Logan (exasperated) - "Oh, great."

Rory jumps in and says to May, "I'm sorry could you excuse us for just a sec? We're almost done."

May says sure that she'll wait outside.

Stage Direction: May closes the door. Rory turns to Logan.

Rory - "So, the Swedish flight attendants should be here any minute."

End of Casting Side for May

Editor Note: Scene 4 continues for some length.

Editor Note: A fragment of Scene 6 is picked up in progress. The scene is between Doyle and Paris. Doyle has a fever. It looks like it is in Paris Dorm Room

Interior - Assumed Paris Dorm Room - Day (Day 1) - Scene 6 -

Doyle tells Paris that he thinks he has a fever. Paris tells him that if he thinks he has a fever, then he probably has a fever.

Paris appears unsympathetic and says to tell that she doesn't know how feeling his head is going to make a difference. It's not as if she has any healing powers. Paris rants, "I'm not a shaman, damnit!."

Stage Direction: Paris exist the room.

Doyle as Paris where she is going - She tell him she be right back.

Stage Direction: Paris rushes out of the room.

Doyle calls out, "Paris?"

Stage Direction: Doyle sighs and collapses deeper into the pillow.

End of Scene 6

Interior Dragonfly Inn/Reception - Day (Day 1) - Scene 7 -

Stage Direction: Lorelai enters and goes behind the desk, where Michel is busy tending to a couple in the twenties

Michel asks the couple if they are really splitting the cost of the room between two credits cards. The Man confirms and Michel tells him not problem.

Stage Direction: Michel takes the cards. The Woman looks a little put out.

The Man asked the Woman, "What's the matter?"

The Woman tells him that when she offered to split she didn't expect that he would say yes. The Man asks her,"Why did you offer?"

The Woman says that this is their first weekend away together and she was trying to be polite.

The Man says, "Fine, I'll pay for it." He tells MIchel to put the whole thing on his card.

The Woman counters, "No, put it on mine." The Man says that his card is fine.

The Woman asks if she can talk to him for a second?

Stage Direction: The couple steps away and begins a quiet but heated discussion.

Michel turns to Lorelai and says, "Oh, they always step away when it starts to get good."

Stage Direction: The phone rings. Lorelai answers.

Lorelai into the phone, "Dragonfly Inn, Lorelai speaking."

Sookie is on the phone and Lorelai asks her how the doctor's appointment went.

End Of Scene 7

End of Casting Sides for Man and Woman.

Editor Note: Scene 8 starts at the bottom of the page and is just a fragment.

Interior Sookie's House - Continuous - Day (Day 1) - Scene 8 -

Stage Direction: Sookie is lying completely flay on her couch. We will Intercut for the remainder of the phone call.

Sookie tells Lorelai on the phone, "The bastard put me on bed rest!"

Editor Note: Scene 8 continues.

Editor Note: Scene 11 ends on page 22 starting from a prior page. The dialog is between Rory and Logan only and has been blacked out.

Interior Logan's Dorm/Common Room - Continuous - Day (Day 1) - Scene 12 -

Stage Direction: The door opens. Rory and Logan enter.

Logan is saying to Rory that he has a paper over...

Stage Direction: Logan stops. Rory looks. Sitting on his couch is a very pretty, blonde, twenty-five year-old girl. She smiles broadly at Logan. Rory's happy demeanor falls away.

The Girls says to Logan, "Well, look how long you make a girl wait for you."

Logan calls her by name, "Honor..."

Honor ask him if he really thinks he is worth it?

Stage Direction: Rory watches this exchange, very annoyed.

Logan asks Honor what she is doing here? Honor comes back that she is apparently begging for some affection.

Stage Direction: He smiles and hugs her. Rory shifts around uncomfortably.

Honor says it is so good to see him. Logan says, "You too."

Rory pipes up with, "Uh listen Logan maybe I should go."

Logan says, "What? Oh sorry, God I just... uh, Rory this is my sister, Honor. Honor, Rory Gilmore."

Rory in a relieved way - Sister? Really? Oh well, nice to meet you.

Honor returns with it is nice to meet you too.

Rory looking at Logan says, "Hey, your sister's here. Cool."

Stage Direction: Logan looks at Rory and smiles. He knows she didn't think it was his sister.

Logan asks Honor what the occasion is?

Honor complains that she had to see him since he never checks his email, she had to beg Jeff to let her in so that she could show him this.

Stage Direction: She holds out her hand and shows him an engagement ring.

Logan - "Holy..."

Honor tells him that it happened last night.

Logan says that Josh finally gave in, huh?

Honor tells Logan to stop and that Josh was lucky she ever looked at him in the first place.

Logan tells her, Well, congratulations."

Stage Direction: Logan gives her another hug. It's clear these two are very close.

Logan tells Honor to tell Josh that the bachelor party's on him.

Honor explains that is exactly what she wants. Logan planning the bachelor party. She continues with, "Listen, I need a favor, I'm going to tell them tomorrow night at dinner, and I need you there for support."

Logan complains - Come on.

Honor tells him that she backed him up when he wanted to take a year off school and sail around the world. She wired him the money when he sunk the yacht, and...

Logan - Okay, Okay - I'll be there.

Honor - "Thanks You, I love you, I love you, I love you. Okay. Now I can breathe and focus on you." She turns to Rory and says Hi.

Rory answers - Hi.

Honor apologizes that she is totally blanking...Your name is...?

Rory replies - Rory. Rory Gilmore.

Logan chimes in with, "Yeah. Rory's my...(he hesitates -- this is hard)...girlfriend."

Stage Direction: Both Rory and Honor look at him. Rory in amusement and Honor in shock.

Editor Note: The is a two line exchange between Rory and Logan about that Girlfriend Declaration that is blacked out.

Honor asks Logan, "I'm sorry, did you say 'girlfriend'?"

Logan tells her, "Yes."

Editor Note: There is a one line dialog from Rory, it is blacked out, but appears to be the words "It's true."

Honor comes with the Standard WB's - Oh My God!. She has never heard him call anyone his girlfriend before! Well, Alyssa Milano, but that he was ten and in a weird "Who's the Boss" phase...

Logan comments that time sure flies when you being pushed out the door.

Honor - "Okay, I'm sorry, listen, you must come to dinner, too."

Rory stutters a bit - Oh, uh...

Honor comes with "No really (with attitude) 'girlfriend,' (back to waspy) says the whitest woman in the world, come. Please come. It will make it more festive and distracting."

Logan tells her that "we'll see."

Editor Note: Scene 12 continues on to page 26 of the script, but the part 1 of Honor casting Side ends. The conclusion of Scene is the end of Act One

End of Part 1 of Casting Side for Honor.

Editor Note: Scene 13 opens Act Two with a FADE IN:

Interior Dragonfly/Kitchen - Early Evening - Night (Night 1) - Scene 13 -

Stage Direction: The kitchen staff is working. Lorelai enters, followed by Luke.

Lorelai is describing the kitchen layout and where things are to Luke. Showing him the fridge, stove, and the grill. Pointing out that freezer's in the back. She introduces the salad man, plate man, tongs guy. stool guy and here are the ducks.

Stage Direction: Luke walks over to the tray of ducks.

Lorelai asks him if he is familiar with ducks?

Luke - "I am familiar with ducks."

Lorelai continues - "But I mean not just familiar like you know what a duck is, I mean, have you cooked a duck before?"

Luke tells her to relax that he can handle ducks.

Lorelai says - "Okay."

Stage Direction: Luke takes a look around the kitchen.

Luke asks Lorelai - "Now, does Sookie have a menu? Notes, or..."

Stage Direction: One of the kitchen guys brings Luke a large, packed, badly stained binder, full of handwritten notes.

Luke hesitantly thanks him.

Manny introduces himself to Luke in Spanish - "Mi llamo Manny."

Luke - "Manny." In Spanish Luke says - "Gracias, Manny"

Stage Direction: Luke starts flipping through the binder. Michel enters holding the phone.

Michel says that Sookie is on the phone and wants to talk to Luke.

Lorelai asks Michel is she said how she was?

Michel snarks - "To someone who may have asked her I'm sure she did."

Stage Direction: Luke takes the phone.

Luke, on the phone, tells Sookie that everything is fine. That Manny gave him the notebook and he is looking through it right now. Luke tells Sookie ehat he is good with ducks and to relax. If he needs anything he will call her. - "Okay...You're welcome...Okay. Bye.[/i]

Stage Direction: Luke hands the phone back to Michel.

Luke thanks Michel.

Michel - "Oh, you are welcome. And please know there is nothing I enjoy more than bringing you the phone and then standing here while you use it and then taking it back from you again. Everything now stops until someone calls you again and only then I do come back to life. I'm like 'Brigadoon'."

Lorelai tells Michel to get out.

Stage Direction: Michel exits.

Lorelai asks Luke what the is that she can do to help?

Luke tell her nothing.

[i]Editor Note: Scene 13 continue for some length.[i]

End of Casting Sides for Manny, Part 1.

Interior Dragonfly Kitchen - Evening - Night (Night 1) - Scene 15 -

Stage Direction: The kitchen is now running like a well-oiled machine. The kitchen phone rings and Manny picks it up.

Manny (in Spanish) - "Kitchen. Yes, he's right here." (handing the phone to Luke) - "Luke! Sookie."

Stage Direction: Luke takes the phone.

Luke - (into the phone) - "Hey Sookie."

End of Scene 15

Interior Sookie's House - Continuous - Night (Night 1) - Scene 16 -

Stage Direction: Sookie is on the couch, which now has been turned into Sookie-central. Remotes, a stack of DVD's, ton's of cookbooks and binders filled with recipes are piled around her. We will Intercut for the remainder of the call.

Sookie - (into the phone) - "Hi"

Luke tells her Hi back.

Sookie asks what he is doing.

Luke tells her, "I'm cooking."

Sookie - "Right. Good. Little test. So I was just checking in, making sure everything was fine."

Luke tells her everything is fine.

Sookie asks if the ducks are working out for you?

Luke tells her that the ducks are selling like hotcakes.

Editor Note: Scene 16 continues for some length.

End of Casting Sides for Manny.

Editor Note: Scene 23 is picked up in progress. It is apparent Rory and Logan are walking up to the front door of the Huntzberger Mansion. The first part of the dialog on page 42 is blacked out.

Exterior Huntzbeger Mansion - Night (Night 2) - Scene 23 -

Editor Note: Scene in progress and pick up with Logan and Rory ringing the doorbell.

Stage Direction: Logan rings the doorbell, which sounds like a hunchback in a bell tower is controlling it. After a beat, the front door swings open. A panicked Honor is standing there.

Honor exclaims that they are late.

Logan tell her it is only fifteen minuets.

Honor describes it as a morgue. It's awful. It's almost like they already know what she is going to tell them.

Logan tried to reassure her with the fact the she has been with Josh for three years now.

Honor says that she doesn't understand it. She called them and told them that Logan was coming and that usually makes Mom happy. And that she told them that he was bringing Rory so they'd be on their company behavior, but from the minute Josh and she walked in the door it's been iceberg city. Honor said that Josh is completely panicked. Shaking.

Logan - "Wow. Sorry"

Honor says don't be sorry, just get in there and stop it.

Stage Direction: Honor rushed back inside. Logan turns to Rory. Rory smiles.

Editor Note: There is a 4-line dialog and 1-line Stage Direction that is blacked out. Based on context, it appears it is some sort of loving reassurance to Rory by Logan.

End of Scene 23

Interior Huntzberger House/Entryway - Continuous - Night (Night 2) - Scene 24 -

Stage Direction: They have stepped into a cavernous marble entryway with a massive staircase going up. Honor has already hightailed back toward the living room. Rory is now mesmerized, staring up and turning in a slow circle to take in the ceiling.

[i]Editor Note: The is a 1-line dialog by Rory that is blacked out. From the context, it appears to be a comment about the ceiling or entryway./i]

Stage Direction: Honor turns just as she reached the living room door.

Honor in a fierce whisper tells them to hurry!

Stage Direction: Honor exits. Logan takes Rory's hand.

Logan says to Rory - "Come on."

Rory is pointing up and asks Logan, "Have you seen this ceiling?"

Stage Direction: Logan drags ROry off as she continues to stare.

End of Scene 24

Interior Huntzberger House/Living Room - Continuous - Night (Night 2) - Scene 25 -

Stage Direction: A larger, white, sterile room that makes the Gilmore house seem warm and cuddly. There's a large bar at one end, and several seating areas just close together enough to be able to talk to one another but far enough apart that they seem a little too far apart. At one end of the room sits a tall, thin, blonde , chic, later forties to fifty-year old woman. This is Shira Huntzberger, Logan's mother. Perfect hair and make-up, Shira is dressed in a perfect white pair of pants and a perfect white shirt with just enough jewelry to say, "I'm rich," but not enough to be tacky. She holds a glass of white wine and looks a little concerned. Opposite Shira sits a man, about seventy-five years old. This is Elias Huntzberger, Logan's Grandfather and Mitchum's father. Elias is the one who Rory saw in the original pictures of the Life and Death Brigade. He, too, looks unhappy. He sits with an empty highball glass with only a few melting ice cubes in it. On one couch sits a skinny, sweet-looking but slightly nebbishy young man of about twenty-seven. Judging from the uncomfortable look on his face, we assume this is Josh. Honor is just reaching her seat as Logan and Rory enter.

Honor to all - "Well, look what the cat dragged in."

Logan apologizes that they were late.

Stage Direction: Honor sits next to Josh and pick s up her martini. Logan crosses to his mother, who puts a smile on her face for her son.[/i

Shira tells Logan that it is alright, they are still waiting on his father.

Logan greets his grandfather, "Grandpa, good to see you."

Stage Direction: Logan crosses and shales his grandfather's hand.

Elias asks Logan if he got those books that he sent.

Logan tells him that he did and thanks him. Logan greets Josh, "Hey Josh, it's been awhile. You're looking well."

Stage Direction: Logan gives Josh a slightly less formal handshake.

Josh returns the greeting.

Logan says to everyone, "Everyone, I would like you to meet Rory Gilmore."

Rory greets everyone and remarks that it is really nice to meet you. The house is amazing. Seriously. There should be a docent at the door.

Shira with a weak smile thanks ROry.

Stage Direction: Logan and Rory sit on the sofa across from Honor and Josh.

Logan tells his mom, "You know Rory's grandparents, Mom, Richard and Emily."

Shira responds, of course, and asks how are Richard and Emily?

Rory tell her that the are doing very well. Shira says that is wonderful.

Stage Direction: Shira smiles weakly then lets her face fall back into the slightly tried and worried look she had when they walked in. The room falls into silence except for the sound of Elias swirling the ice cubes around in his glass. Rory decides to jump in and try to break the ice.

Rory asks, "So, you were at the wedding, right?

Shira responds that yes they were and it was lovely. Emily always knows how to plan an event.

Rory confirms that she does.

Stage Direction: Beat

Shira says that she should send her a note.

Stage Direction: The room falls silent again. Rory looks over at Honor. Honor points to Josh and mouths, "This is Josh." Rory smiles and waves and mouths a "Hi Josh." Josh weakly "Hi's" back and then shrinks deeper into the couch.

Logan asks his grandpa if he can freshen his drink for him?

Stage Direction: Elias grunts in agreement and holds his glass out. Logan gets up and takes it and goes over to the bar.

Shira apologizes and asks Rory if they can get her something.

Logan tell him Mom that he has it.

Stage Direction: Logan heads to the bar to make drinks. Rory looks around the room. She notices the paintings. One in particular catches her eye. She squints and leans back, trying to see if she can see the signature. Logan comes back over and hands Rory a drink.

Rory tells Logan that she doesn't think she should...

Logan - "Club Soda, Ace."

Rory thanks him.

Stage Direction: he sits. They sip their drinks. Rory glances over at Elias, who is now swirling his new drink around in a circle like he was the empty glass with the ice cubes. He seems to be glaring in Josh's direction. A maid comes in carrying a silver tray with a piece of paper on it. She brings it over to Shira who is a little distracted. She looks up.

Shira looks at the maid - "Hmmm?"

Stage Direction: shira takes the paper and read it. She sighs, tosses the paper back on the tray and with a small wave of her hand, waves the maid away.

Shira tells the group that Mitchum is still at the office and they might as well start dinner. So...

Stage Direction: Shira gets up and heads into the dining room. Elias gets up grumbling to himself. Honor pulls Josh to his feet.

Honor tells Josh that he'll feel better when he has some food.

Josh says he'll feel better when they're leaving.

Stage Direction: Honor passes Logan and Rory.

Honor says to Rory - "So, sorry, We owe you one."

Stage Direction: Honor and Josh cross off to the dining room. Logan heads off after them. Rory follows. She stops in front of a picture.

Rory asks if the painting is a Velasquez?

Logan tell her to come on.

Stage Direction: Logan pulls her off.

Rory - "It is! That's a Velasquez! This house is so cool!"

Stage Direction: Logan pulls Rory off to dinner, as we: FADE OUT.

End of Scene 25

End of Act Two.

Editor Note: Scenes 26 and 27 are omitted form the Sides. We pick up Act Three in progress with Scene 28.

Interior Huntzberger House/Dining Room - Night (Night 2) - Scene 28 -

[i]Stage Direction: The room has the same feel as the living room. White, marble, sterile, elegant but cold. Shira sits at one end of the table. Elias sits at the other. Rory and Logan sit next to each other on one side and Honor and poor sad Josh sit on the other side. Two servants are putting bowls of soup in front of everyone. Josh digs into his the second it hits the table.

Logan asks his Grandfather - "So, Grandpa, how's the new boat?"

Elias responds - it's a boat, it floats.

Logan says that he hears it is beautiful and asks when he can take her out.

Shira says that Logan doesn't have the best track record when it comes to boats.

Logan says that is other people's boats. Ours are very safe.

Honor chimes in, "We should do a summer trip. Maybe hit the Amalfi Coast again. All of us, Rory, Josh, you and me...

Stage Direction: Elias slams his spoon down.

Shira asks questioningly - Dad?

Elias calls for the maid Maria!

Stage Direction: A maid hurries over.

Elias says the soup is too hot and to bring him a salad.

Stage Direction: Maria takes the plate away. Honor and Logan look at each other.

Shira says that she will be right back.

Stage Direction: Shira gets up and exits out of the dining room. Honor and Logan look at each other knowingly. Honor mimes smoking a cigarette.

Rory leans in to Logan and whispers - What?

Logan leans in to Rory - "Mom's a stress smoker."

Rory continues whispering that she doesn't understand why everybody's upset that Josh seems fine.

Logan whispers back that the Huntzbergers aren't interested in fine.

Elias calls out to Shira and she answers, Yes Dad? from off-screen.

Elias asks what time that Mitchum said he would be here.

Stage Direction: Shira comes back in, waving her hand as if waving smoke away.[/i

Shira tells Elias that she doesn't know, he didn't say.

Stage Direction: Shira sits back down at the table.

Elias remarks that this is ridiculous.

Shira entreats him - "Please Dad..."

Elias says we're all just going to sit around this table and pretend that there;s nothing going on.

Shira says that they should just wait for Mitchum.

Elias barks back that he is old and doesn't have the time to wait for Mitchum.

Logan tries to lighten thing up a bit with, "Guys, please. Not in front of the gazpacho.

Shira plaintively - Oh don't joke now, Logan.

Elias starts in - That these are serious matters to be discussed. This is an important family. marrying into it is a serious business, but no, we can't discuss it until Mitchum gets here.

Stage Direction: The maid brings over his salad.

Elias asks what is that and before she can answer tell her to go away.

Stage Direction: The maid hurries away.

Logan begins "Okay, I'm sorry, I have to jump in here. grandpa, we all respect you and Mom and Dad but the bottom line here is Honor has to be happy. Now, if she loves Josh, then..."

Honor interrupts telling Logan she appreciates his defending her, but she can take it from here. She tells them that she had hoped that you would be happy for me but obviously that's not going to happen. They didn't even let her announce it to then before they formed and opinion and she is sorry that they feel the way the do but Josh and her made it official last week. They are engaged now and no matter what you say we are going to get married. In June.

Stage Direction: Beast.

Shira responds with of course they are getting married. They have been dating for three years and she had already put on hold the Japanese Tea garden for the twenty-fourth.

Honor is a bit taken aback and says, "Oh. Well...that sounds great. Thanks."

Stage Direction: Honor looks at Logan utterly confused. He's a little confused himself.

Logan then says that they should all celebrate then.

Elias booms in with that they will celebrate when we've finished their discussion.

Honor asks which discussion?

Elias answers back with the discussion about unsuitable people marrying into this family!

Honor - What?

Shira says she'll be right back.

Stage Direction: Shira gets up and exits.

Elias addresses himself to Logan - "You should know better that this, Logan. I know you like to joke around and tease us but I always thought that at the end of the day you understood what your responsibilities to this family were."

Stage Direction: Logan floored. Rory looks at him. Suddenly it dawns on her. they aren't talking about Josh. They are talking about her. Her mouth drops opens from shock.

Logan yells out - "Mom! I suggest you come back in here right now!"

Stage Direction: Shira appears in the doorway, holding one arm out of sight hidden by the wall.

Shira tells Logan that he hasn't thought about this. She means that she is sure Rory understands. Rory wants to work and asks Rory - "Isn't that Right?" Shira continues with Emily's always talking about Rory wanting to be a reported and travel around doing this and that. "A girl like Rory has no idea what it takes to be in this family, Logan"

Logan - "On My God"

Shira continues - "She wasn't raised that way. She wasn't bred for it. And this isn't at all about her mother, it;s just you come from two totally different worlds."

Elias comments - "It would never work. Not for you and certainly not for us."

Logan heatedly - "Okay. This conversation is going to end right now. I..."

Elias continues - "You are going to be taking over this company, that's what you are going to be doing! And when you do that you are going to need the right kind of person at your side! This isn't college, Logan..."

Shira asks Logan whatever happened to the Fallen girl" "I loved her. Do you talk any more."

Logan - "No we don't talk. We never talked. You talked!"

Shira - "Oh, what a shame. I just loved her."

Logan turns to Rory - "Okay - Let's go."

Stage Direction: Logan and Rory get up. Logan leads her toward the dining room door.

Shira pleads - Logan, you have to understand. You bring this girl home with no warning at all, Honor tells us you're calling her your girlfriend, we have to take that seriously. Logan...come back here."

Stage Direction: They exit right past her. In frustration she takes a drag from her hidden cigarette.

End of Scene 29

End of Casting Sides for Shira, Elias, and Honor.

Interior Huntzberger House/Entryway - Continuous - Night (Night 2) - Scene 29 -

Stage Direction: Logan and Rory head toward the front door.

Rory says to Logan she doesn't understand.

Logan says that they are psychotic. What more is there to understand?

Editor Note: There is typo in the script here. The name Lorelai is mistakenly used where Logan is meant.

Rory asks Logan - "But...but...why don't they think I'm good enough?"

Logan - "Rory"

Rory a bit panicked - "I mean, I'm a Gilmore! Don't they know that? My ancestors came over on the Mayflower!"

Logan tell hers - Rory, don't try to analyze it. There's no rhyme or reason."

Rory a bit more panicked - "I had a coming out party. I went to Chilton and Yale...I mean how come they're okay with Josh> He didn't even say anything. He just sat there. At least I noticed the Valasquez!"

Logan ends with - "(frustrated) Josh isn't marrying the heir to the Huntzberger fortune. You are! (realizing what he just said) I gotta get out of here."

Editor Note: The Casting Side ends here. It appears that Scene 29 may continue.

End of Casting Sides for Episode 5.19 - But I'm A Gilmore.