lorelaisgirl
Loyal Fan

TV GUIDE PODCAST NOVEMBER 10, 2006

DM=Daniel Manu
MA=Michael Ausiello
AC=Angel Cohn
MMcD=Maitland McDonagh

Start 29.52

DM: Mike, what did you think of Gilmore Girls this week?
MA: It was fine, uhm.
AC: Oh, how much did you Sookie?
MA: I Sookied quite a bit.
DM: I—
AC: Because I was tempted.
DM: I pretty much Sookied almost all of it, I have to tell ya.
AC: It was, like, nothing happpened.
MA: I Sookied April and Lane scenes. I Sookied that; I Sookied uh—
AC: Sookie.
MA: --Sookie. Usually I like Sookie; but I liked the stuff with Lorelai and Christopher and Rory
AC: But it just, like, it just --
MA: It didn’t really -- nothing really happened.
AC: Nothing happened in the entire episode. I mean except for the fact that Christopher realized ‘oh, I’ve been a bad dad’. Shocking.
DM: And a listener named Lauren, speaking of Sookieing, says ‘Did you notice the scene where Michel basically Sookied Sookie? It was a scene where she was torn about the vegetables and wanted to whine about it, and he did what the alive version of Sookie heard, telling her he didn’t care and walking out.
AC: Yeah.
DM: Although I didn’t see that scene, because Michel and Sookie in the same scene is just … ultimate Sookie. That’s… I mean…
AC: I did see that scene, and he did kinda say, you know, ‘it’s not worth it, goodbye’.
MA: What about that piece in the New York Times?
DM: Yeah, and you know, that was an interesting piece that the NYT critic Virginia Hefferman wrote.
MA: Watch it.
DM: Oh for God´s sake. She’s a great writer, she made some interesting points. And I like the fact that a show like that is just getting the kind of space the NYT gave it, but she was pretty overall negative about the show, and negative on David Rosenthal and the writing of the show.
MA: Yeah, which I think was a little harsh. I have to say, if there was no publicity surrounding the behind the scene switch-over and everyone was still under the assumption that Amy Sherman-Palladino was still writing the show, none of these articles would be out here, no one would think it sounded any different, there might be bitching about the storylines.
AC: Yeah. It´s complaining about the storylines, not the dialogue.
MA: It´s not the dialogue.
DM: And the Gilmore story, that article, wasn’t entirely about, not the storyline, it was about you know, reaction shots. There was too many reaction shots, this season.
AC: Who notices that? That’s like the cinematography, who, besides Maitland and I, notice that?
MA: But, you know, Amy and Dan were no doubt reading that. Together, laughing.
[MA and DM talk at the same time]
DM: Are they bitter, you think?
MA: I don’t think they’re bitter, but it’s not nice to have, you know, to feel you’re missed.
MMcD: To know you’re indispensable.
MA: Yeah, right.

End 31.55