View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 07:09 AM
darcybennett
Master Fan

On to some Rupert news...

I didn't thank you before for posting the link to that interview scan, Regina, so thank you!

I'll re-post it for those who may have had trouble with loading the link, Rupert gave an interview to The Times which was featured in their "Knowledge" section, and where Rupert talks about music and some of his favorite bands.

Scan is courtesy of RG.N

Weasley Listening / Soundtrack your life
by Pauline McLeod

Rupert Grint reveals his MCing days, pre-Harry Potter.

Scotland 1, Spain 1
I've never really danced. I suppose it can be quite fun and I do like listening to dance music if I'm in the right mood -- the Prodigy and Five Star are pretty good. I came across a band called Salsa Celtica last year and I have never heard anything like them. They are just fantastic. Jeremy Brock, who wrote and directed Driving Lessons, found them playing in a bar when he was in Edinburgh doing a location recce, thought their look was great and put them in a club scene. They're an 11-piece Latin-Celtic fusion band -- a strange combination of salsa and bagpipes, but it really works. Their version of Auld Lang Syne, called El Agua de la Vida, is brilliant.

Young MC
I was 11 years old when I went up for the role of Ron Weasley in Harry Potter. I loved rap then -- not really hardcore, but stuff by Afroman and Eminem. So, my mum and I wrote a rap for the audition and she filmed me doing it. I was dressed up as my drama teacher, who was a woman.

The big blow
I'm not up to Rolph Harris standards and I don't think I can even make what you would call a tune, but I can make quite a nice sound on the didgeridoo. It was a Christmas present. It's enormous and it's quite hard to play because you have to get the breathing right.

Strummer loving
I would love to play the guitar. Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes is about all I can manage, but you can do that with one finger. I also love the Strokes, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Arctic Monkeys. Anything to do with a guitar. There are definitely perks to being an actor. I went to a Velvet Revolver gig and met the guitarist, Slash, backstage. He was very nice, but he didn't have much to say. I don't think he was quite there, really. ( )

Car Wars
My dad is a big Queen fan and has lots of those Best of 1980s compilations, and my mum was a huge fan of 1970s punk. I used to listen to a song by Jilter John [Jilted John], which has the chorus: "Gordon is a Moron". I also really like the Ramones, the Sex Pistols and the Clash. I don't usually get much of a choice on long car journeys because I've got loads of little brothers and sisters [three sisters and one brother] and they usually get there first. My eight-year-old sister is going through quite a goth stage at the moment, but it's usually Black Eyed Peas who win out.

Last edited by darcybennett; 09-21-2006 at 07:19 AM