View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
hellishrose
Part-Time Fan

Just in case you missed any of it from the last thread since it was at the bottom--and I don't know how to link to one of my own posts ---here is my tour recap again

also I have recap of my CW media upfront expirence as well (if you missed it) in the last thread

I went to the WB tour on Monday (4/10) and we did not see much since they were still filming --Our tour guide was nice but would not give spoilers away and didn't focus too much on Gilmore girls related stuff—needless to say I was a bit upset and he knew it. So filming finished that Thursday and my Hubby randomly says to me why don’t we go back Friday before we fly back to NY. I did not know that he pulled some string (he knew someone who works for the wardrobe dept)

He tells me he has set a tour up for 9:30---we actually got there really early and started talking to the ticket girl who was talking about what a huge fan following Gilmore Girls has she comments on a group of girls who come all the time from this “Gilmore girls fan club or site and do a few tours in 1 day" ( I immediately thought of FF but was not sure if she was talking about anyone from this site)

Everything seems normal----in fact ---we even get called in to watch the movie---just like we had done on that Monday. The movie ends (her is where I start to get a clue) and the start calling out groups --well low and behold we are in group C---THERE ENDS UP BEING NO ONE ELSE IN GROUP C ---SO my hubby and I end up getting a PRIVATE TOUR---just me and him and the tour guide---he tells me it was my birthday gift and that I need to not only thank him but I needed to call up our friend and thank them for the contact

Our tour guide was a huge GG fan so it made it even better

So we went to look at all the sets for Gilmore girls that she could show me

I saw the small model in the Gilmore mansion of "The Rory Gilmore Astronomy building"
I saw the bathroom recently built for the Gilmore mansion --she said a scene were shot in there. I got to walk into Luke’s (which was being taken down for the summer since during the summer the town of Stars hollow gets disassembled {not the sound stages} and is used for other movies and stuff.

she told me that Alexis is so shy and that Matt is amazingly nice--she told me that the times she has talked to him he has been such a gentleman. She said their characters work well together and complimented each other very well. She said EH and Kelly B. are just like your average grandparents. EH dresses like Richard normally and has a lot of the same mannerisms while it is not uncommon for Kelly B. to be running around the set in “tennis sneakers and curlers”. She said LG was really nice and just like AB she enjoyed her privacy. She told me she is really bubbly at times and other times she keeps more to herself. I even got to see the 1950’s style Bicycle LG rides around while on set. (since the sound stages can pick up outside noise sometimes the cast rides around on regular bikes or the golf carts they use for the tour) She said LG loves to use the bike. She was telling me how SP will come over and talk to a tour group and get some of the young girls email addresses so he can send them GG related stuff

As for spoilers-I told her what I knew and she told me-she told me the finale would be a shocker.

she pretty much confirmed that the Chris was brought back on to not only stir up drama but also so that LG would get to work with someone else besides SP (she told me basically that they are not each others biggest fans)..ASP wrote it that way to leave options open for the ROSE

The only set I did not see was the hospital room because it was being taken down -- R/L apt looked completely the same (I thought that if Logan was going off to London it would at least show things being packed up---but everything looked EXACTLY THE SAME)

we were also talking about colors and how everything good on the GG is associated with the color peach however its contrasting Color of Green (and other dark colors) is associated with all things different--she told me that’s why Logan wears lots of dark colors and the R/L apt is all dark colors and Rory wore lots of dark colors when the rift was happening with her Lorelei. She said Logan’s character was meant to be portrayed as something completely different than what Rory grew up with. She said the writers wanted to originally give the impression that Logan is a "spoiled rich kid" and that his family is looking on him to be mature however he is still a kid at heart (that’s why in his apt there is a pool table etc)..She said the fans are supposed to see Logan can have both a mature and a kid side…That he is becoming a man. The coolest part of the entire tour was that my husband and I sat and talked in R/L apartment (this was so surreal)

I just got back from picking up my hubby--if you have any questions--feel free to PM me

See my Avi--well I took that picture myself