Old 03-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

ENT - 3x18 - 'Azati Prime' March 3 episode discussion

Azati Prime

Quote:
Enterprise finally arrives at the Xindi superweapon construction site, and despite a troubling glimpse into the future by time-traveling operative Daniels, a determined Archer leaves the ship in T'Pol's hands as he alone pilots a suicide mission to destroy the huge Earth-bound planet-killer. With Archer gone, T'Pol and the crew attempt to escape enemy territory undetected, but once discovered are forced to make a last stand against multiple Xindi attackers
Oh, Daniels is back! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Website Manager

What a great episode, with a cliffhanger ending too boot. I can't wait for next week. Actually found myself wishing it was a 2 hour episode. I want to see how they are going to get out of this one. Looks like I'll have to wait to find out. What a great episode. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was a great episode. Didn't expect the cliffhanger ending though.

Next week is a repeat [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Who knows how long we will have to wait for the resolution [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
AlienSyzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Well, we'll think of it this way.

Season finale is the end of may. So let's figure that we have to wait until mid april for the next one....figures that they leave such a great cliff hanger.

What's good?
Everything. Enterprise J, the War Outside, Degra, azati prime was keen, the enterprise getting holed out, t'pol's look

What's bad?
I'm not sure if I like T'Pol getting emotional. Vulcan's are vulcans.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I missed the first 15 minutes of the episode, so I guess I can't form a whole opinion of it. On the boards the response has been very positive but for now I don't agree that it was one of the best episodes ever.

Archer was quite entertaining with his responses to questioning. Seeing the future and learning the truth behind the Xindi plot from Daniels was also a good point. I think the crew, with the exception of T'Pol, showed a great deal of maturity in the wake of Archer's decision.

However, that last scene with the ship being battered to pieces and crewmen being sucked out to space saddened me. T'Pol failed in her responsibilities as acting captain. Her indecision lead to the death of many crewmembers. Travis nearly was crushed. Sparks were everywhere. At this point, a 'reset' button wouldn't be bad but would definitely weaken the storyline.

The divide amongst the Xindi was heartbreaking. The Reptilians were so blind and headstrong in their resolve that they silenced the other members of the council. Diplomacy just won't work with them.
As for T'Pol's breakdown, I know there's a reason behind it that will be revealed later. All I know it that it better be one helluva good one. She was a poor leader and in her condition should have relinquished command to another officer. Furthermore, her treatment of Trip was unacceptable.

Hopefully I can catch the parts I missed when it reairs on Sunday.

Bandbabe [img]smilies/halfstar.gif[/img]

My fics: Fadam / Badam / Rebel
Bandbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I agree...there better be a damned good reason for her actions.

The indecision was key too. She's learned a very valuable lesson, let's hope she can remember it, or stay alive long enough to do something with it.

Didn't they say before that it was the Reptillians and Insectoids that are responsible for the death of the Xindi Avians and their homeworld?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

I managed to catch this episode. I am glad that I did, too. It was really good. I can't wait to see the next one.

Although... It did raise a few more questions about continuity (with regards to the other series).
Old 03-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

I liked this episode. I didn't like it when Archer shot the Xindi outpost. If I was in Archer's shoes, I would have done the same. I loved it when we got to see Archer in the future. I would have loved it even more, if Archer would have stayed there. I like time travel a lot. I thought that the entire episode was going to be about Archer in the future. It was a big disapointment to me. I liked the underwater world. It was very cool. I think it is cool that the weapon is under water. I liked Archer's responses to the Reptilian Xindi. I loved Porthos. I didn't like it when Archer touched him. He was kinda rough. I guess it might have been done with him going to die. T'Pol cried. I never thought I would see her cry. I liked the episode a lot. It was great.
mejlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Impatient:
Although... It did raise a few more questions about continuity (with regards to the other series).
I thought about this as well, but then again I thought about it since the series premiere years back the fact that there wasn't Suliban in the other series, now apparently in the future on Enterprise J there is Xindi serving aboard the ship, now where along the timeline does this happen when the Xindi aren't mentioned in the other series but are in Enterprise and in a future timeline, unless something happens by the end of the Enterprise series that comes up with something to solve this. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
I didn't like it when Archer shot the Xindi outpost. If I was in Archer's shoes, I would have done the same.
Yeah, even though they destroyed them which prevented the message from being sent out, in reality it just bought them a little time, as the Xindi eventually realized they had lost contact with them.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

You don't hear about the andorians or tellerites in TNG, DS9 or VOY, yet they are still part of the federation. It should be, by 250-400 years from enterprise, that the fact that they serve on board these ships is no biggie.

Just like klingons eventually will serve in the federation, and it will not be a surprise.

I wish we could have gotten to see an enterprise J exterior shot. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandbabe:
As for T'Pol's breakdown, I know there's a reason behind it that will be revealed later. All I know it that it better be one helluva good one. She was a poor leader and in her condition should have relinquished command to another officer. Furthermore, her treatment of Trip was unacceptable.

I agree, they're definitely going to need to explain that.

I can't wait to see the next episode. Archer must be able to get through to them somehow, since we know that humanity does survive.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I found out the reason why she's like that....but I can't tell you. it's a SPOILER. Just wanted to let you know.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
Well, I found out the reason why she's like that....but I can't tell you. it's a SPOILER. Just wanted to let you know.

You forgot the 'nah, nah, nah' [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

It was implied.

We'll just say that it makes sense.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Enterprise is pretty battered at the end. I hope that they don't resort to going back in time to fix things up.