Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Angel on TNT episode discussions - coz once is never enough

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who watch AtS reruns on TNT, especially since season 5 is on hiatus for now! When I first got hooked on BtVS it was through the reruns on FX.

Tonight's eppy is That Vision Thing. Good ole Gavin. I love to hate him.
Shasta Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I hate how TNT edits their shows, I was watching a season four episode the other night where Connor has this great long speech to coma-Cordelia and they have a commercial break in the middle of something he was saying! I missed alot of season 4 hopefully after season 3 they'll air it and not go back to 1 again.

Dr. Bashir:
"...a doctor."
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I always hated how FX edited Buffy too. Once More With Feeling lost an entire song! But they have to get more advertising in there so they usually cut two extra minutes out. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yesterday they played that episode where Lilah had the 'blue brained guy' give Cordelia visions that actually had a physical effect on her. They thought they were from the powers at first until Lorne told them differently. Cordelia cried, said she didn't want the visions, that she wasn't brave. Then Angel beat up Skip and let the 'bad dirty guy' free by exchanging him with Lilah, who in turn had the blue brain guy remove all the burns and gross pimples on Cordelia.

I would have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for all the C/A mushy stuff. But that's just me.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda Leigh:
<STRONG>
I would have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for all the C/A mushy stuff. But that's just me.</STRONG>
I could stand those moments because at this point in the season it is still mainly strong friend vibes. It was more about Angel caring about Cordelia's safety and Cordelia being worried that she wouldn't be able to help without the visions. When it got totally obvious and blatent mushyness between Cordelia and Angel later in the season, those are the scenes I couldn't stand.

I really liked this episode. It told a good story that mislead you at first and then had Angel make a hard decision. I loved it when he killed the guy in the car and then appeared by Lilah with his warning. And it set up the awesome episode that is Billy. Can't go wrong with that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~:
<STRONG>

I really liked this episode. It told a good story that mislead you at first and then had Angel make a hard decision. I loved it when he killed the guy in the car and then appeared by Lilah with his warning. And it set up the awesome episode that is Billy. Can't go wrong with that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
This was one of those many times when the Fang Gang risked the lives of others (in a way that felt distant or removed) to help one of their own. I like how it sets up "Billy" too, and how they see the consequences of their actions. Its also a good contrast to what happened with Fred in Season 5.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Just an FYI: Season 4 is starting on TNT at 5 pm weekdays today. I know they skipped over it last time around while showing the episodes at this time.

Today's ep is Deep Down!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I was really happy when TNT starting having reruns of 'Angel'...more exposure, and I can rewatch episodes I missed [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
{ Lulu| icon: LittleGreyStargate }
silver_lined_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Addicted Fan

today they started airing the season 4 eps! goody goody, since i have no season 4 dvd!
Old 05-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Just saw the episode Somnambulist on tnt today from season 1 when kate finds out what angel is. I forgot this episode but it was good watching them back in season 1 again they looked so young. Especially wes

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found wesley to be very funny throughout season 1 and 2,and then he got less funny!
Old 05-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tru-calling4eva
I found wesley to be very funny throughout season 1 and 2,and then he got less funny!
i loved s1&2 wes. he was soo funyn and like preppy. it was cute

im sad to watch it cuz i know they end up dying.

Bhery
Old 05-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bheryandcherry

im sad to watch it cuz i know they end up dying.
I try not to think of it like that, but it is bittersweet knowing how swiftly they change. Especially in early S3 when everyone is so happy. Damn Joss.
Yoda-Mira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the last five minutes of the Angel episode today on TNT. I forget the name of it but it was the one when Cordelia was pregnant... in s1. Anyways, the last five minutes were very sweet. I love how the three of them became a family. This was one of the first signs of it. And how adorable was it when Cordelia said what she said to Wes and Angel and then Wesley turned away a little and wiped his eye with a tissue.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

Today I was watching five by five for the first time and it was good and sad too like at the end when faith said she was bad and wanting angel to kill her and I think angel and faith would had been a great couple if the writers would of let them become one. Tomorrow the part 2 of it comes on and who ever is a angel & faith fan like me then should watch it because it is good and buffy makes and appetence in it too !
PrettyGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread