Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What is Katie's best acted/most touching scene?

Katie has done a variety of different roles ranging from TV to movies. What is, in your opinion, Katie's most touching scene or the scene where you felt she really showed her talent as an actress?

I'll dig up some DC episodes. I think she has done a tremendous job with Joey and evoking emotions.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Well the first one that comes to mind is the ending of "True Love". Even Josh said that he had to just sit back and watch her. Truly amazing.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

An absolute classic has to be - the scene with her father through the prison fence in Season 1 finale - i cry every single time I watch that. It's when I really thought to myself how talented she was.

Another would be in 'The Longest Day' when she follows Dawson up to his room and they have that fight where she says 'what do you want from me' to him - sooooo goood!!

x x x

PS - good topic Periwinkles!
Old 11-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

There are alot of DC scenes to be listed. But, I'll list a movie scene. The final collection of scenes from "Pieces of April" gets me everytime. I just cry when her mom is at the door and her brother is taking pictures. Just those actions...they're very strong.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Elite Fan

one of my favorite scenes is in Castaways when she asked Pacey what his feelings for her are and she says try. It was so genuine like she was happy to hear what he had to say

she was also really good in the scenes with her father in both season finales

I also loved her with Michelle in Eastern Stand Time

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I think the scenes that get me the most in DC is when Joey is crying. Katie brings so much emotions into those scenes and I feel for her when she is crying. Another one would definitely be the prison scene in Season 1 with her father. The scene gets to me everytime and it's just a very touching scene. Another episode would be the Dance where Joey is longingly looking at Dawson and Jen dancing. The emotions on her face tell exactly what Joey is feeling.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by FinallyPJ
There are alot of DC scenes to be listed. But, I'll list a movie scene. The final collection of scenes from "Pieces of April" gets me everytime. I just cry when her mom is at the door and her brother is taking pictures. Just those actions...they're very strong.
That scene got to me too.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was watching some DC DVDs and I must say that Joey's final scene in "Falling Down" was spectacular. Loved the emotion Katie has put in her dialogue and that scene always gets me.

Last edited by water lilies; 01-04-2005 at 10:33 AM
Old 12-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriaanne (View Post)
An absolute classic has to be - the scene with her father through the prison fence in Season 1 finale - i cry every single time I watch that. It's when I really thought to myself how talented she was.

Another would be in 'The Longest Day' when she follows Dawson up to his room and they have that fight where she says 'what do you want from me' to him - sooooo goood!!

x x x

PS - good topic Periwinkles!
This scene is so great (the longest day). I always feel for her when i watch it, she's so great in it!!!!!!!

Dawson & Joey Spencer & Ashley
Pacey & Andie Ryan & Marissa Dan & Serena Lily & Rufus
Old 12-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

I love when she says "I miss you Pace" in such a longing tone when PJ are in the sleeping bag

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-27-2007, 02:02 PM
New Fan

I loved the final scene of the Season 2 finale when she confronts her father and reveals to him that she was bugged: "I took care of it for you"

...and then she apporaches Dawson and you can see she is emotionally spent and is so furious at him... it gets me every time. She is beautiful in that moment.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought she performed many touching scenes all throughout DC, but one of her scenes in First Daughter gets me everytime. I always have to rewind it and watch it again. It happens after her a car backfires and James picks her up and carries her to a waiting car. After he puts her in, she looks up at him so gratefully and with anticipation of him joining her and then he says into a walkie talkie "Lucky Charm is secure." The look on her face when he says that is priceless. Then during the car ride home, she looks so devastated, humiliated and angry all at once. Perfect acting.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I LoVe the "Longest Day"

She has so many emotions to portray in there..being absolutely in LoVe with Pacey..which her and Josh have always been the best at..but at the same time she can't show it around other people..then there is the guilt she feels for being in love with pacey that she has to show to the audience but keep secret from the other characters such as dawson and andie..the ending two scenes of having to tell her 'best friend' that pacey has her heart ..'do you need him like you need me' the tears flowing and the look in her face of
'don't make me choose is heart wrenching'..then of course there's the ending scene with katie and josh 'i think you should be the first to go this time' ..the look on her face when they 'break up' knowing that she doens't want to but feeling like she has to..not to mention her best scenes have always come with josh..but the look on her face at the end and just the way she stands there with tears streaming down her face..showing the pain of never getting to fully experience what she knows was heartbreakingly beautiful and so realistic..that was my favorite katie acting moment..the whole show from beginning to end

D&E..C&B..C&C..L&V..C&E..P&J

icon credit: fanpop
Old 01-10-2008, 12:34 AM
New Fan

For me, i do like most her acting in "Dawnson Creek", i find it really romantic...
Old 01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was just watching DC season 2, and I think that the scene when they're at the ice house and there's a fire, and she's screaming "daddy!" is absolutely amazing...it made me cry

Dawson & Joey Spencer & Ashley
Pacey & Andie Ryan & Marissa Dan & Serena Lily & Rufus