Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2004, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Paul Leyden Appreciation Thread #1: A Reason to watch LAX.

Didn't see a thread anywhere so I had to make one. He is fairly new to primetime but I have been a fan of his for a pretty long time now. He's a very talented actor and his accent...

For those of you who have no clue as to who this guy is...I've decided to compile a few pictures and his filmography. If you haven't caught NBC's "LAX", check it out.

Filmography:

Regular
LAX (2004) - Tony Magulia
As the World Turns (2000-2003, 2004) - Simon Frasier/Donovan Curry

TV Guest Appearances
Law & Order: SVU (2003) - Perry Williams
Dragnet (2003) - Matt Langer
FYE! (2001) - himself
Beastmaster (2000) - Chiron
F.A.R.S.C.A.P.E. (1999) - Captain Larraq

TV Miniseries
Tribe (1999) - Andrew Jenkins

Sites/Messageboards:
Paul Leyden...Online!!
Paul Leyden Unplugged
Paul Leyden Messageboard
LeydenLovers

Pictures!!!

"Tribe"

"F.A.R.S.C.A.P.E."

"As the World Turns"

"Dragnet"

"Law & Order: SVU"

"LAX"

He plays guitar!

Okay...I'll stop here. I'm going a little overboard with the pictures...
Old 11-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

I must admit. The reason I watched As the World Turns was because of Paul. And now he's the reason I watch LAX. I love his accent not to mention the hotness..
icon *
Pavlov's Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hello

He is really hot, I've got some fanfic in development with him as a bit more of a major player on the show. I'll post it when I actually type up the writing.

I gotta find the timeslot for LAX in this area, suppose I should've done it before I went on vacation, but ya know what they say about hindsight.

Later,
Kelly

For the Young
For the Dead
Kittish314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Can't wait to read the fanfic! I also wish he'd get more airtime on LAX. He is getting way more airtime than David Paetkau and Wendy Hoopes combined but I'd love to see more character development for Tony.

Cass...hey! I've seen you around the Canadian Idol threads! Anway, I remember watching ATWT for the first time. Lily & Simon were stranded on the island...Simon didn't really do anything for me for some reason. Looking back, I can't believe I ever thought like that 'cause now, he's one of the few actors on TV I will think are hot.

And the accent is to die for! I'm so glad the people over at LAX let him keep it.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Hey! I remember you from the CI board too I remember watching ATWT when they were on the island. I just remember thinking that he was kind of good looking but his accent was soo sexy. And then I quit watching it because of school. Then I started watching it again when he was with Katie and, man, is he ever hot. I was so mad when he left the show but then I saw him on a promo for LAX. I'm glad they let him keep his accent. It's one of the sexiest things about him.

I bet I didn't make alot of sense in that paragraph but when there's a hot guy, it's tough to form complete sentences.

Hi Kelly
icon *
Old 11-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Cass, you sound exactly like me! I caught bits and pieces of ATWT the summer Simon & Lily were on the island but stopped watching once school started. The next year, I tuned in one day and it was the show where Simon was complaining to Isaac about Katie being a blonde weight and then Isaac was like "You know that blonde weight you were talking about? She just walked in." I recognized Katie 'cause I used to watch Terri Colombino on "Breaker High" all the time and I thought her costar was so hot! Anyway, Simon was like "Katie, this is getting really old" and Katie told him that she was just getting ready for when their marriage was really over. I was thinking "What??? These two are getting a divorce?? They look so GOOD together!!!" I then recognized Simon as the guy who was with Lily on the island.

I was SOOO sad when Paul left ATWT and I was ecstatic when I heard he was returning for a short time. But the last time he came back sucked! It was such a crappy story. I think I would have just pressed the FF button if Paul hadn't been on it.

Thought I'd post more pictures...

He looks so evil in this picture...but in a hot way!

Old 11-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Master Fan

I used to watch Breaker High too! That's where I recognized Katie from and I also thought that Simon was hot. And that they looked soo good together. I hated him with Lily and was all happy when he came and got Katie from the island.

Yeah, I don't think he should have even came back from the show. It just made some fans not like him and it didn't even give the Simon/Katie fanbase any closure. They should have just let everyone love him offscreen.

He looks like Adam Levine from Maroon5 in that last pic
icon *
Old 11-10-2004, 06:16 AM
Loyal Fan

You watched Breaker High??? Wow! That was like my favourite show in gr. 5...but then it got cancelled. But I guess it's a good thing 'cause then we got Simon & Katie.

As horrid as the second Simon return was, I still rooted for him. Probably because I just love Paul so much...there's just something in his acting that makes me root for his character. The only time I wasn't rooting for his character was when he played that rapist on Law & Order. I wasn't at all upset when his victim's father killed him. But Paul did a great job playing a cold, heartless criminal.

Adam Levine? I don't see the resemblance at all...
Old 11-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

I loved Breaker High. It was always on at 11 so I had to beg my parents to let me stay up and watch it. And I totally shipped Ashley and Sean. I had the biggest crush on Ryan Gosling.

I still loved Simon when he came back. The writers tried to make him into an ass so the viewers wouldn't miss him when he left for good. Which just made me hate the writers I was on to shipping Mike/Katie but I still loved Simon by himself. And I still do.

I saw that Law & Order ep. And i couldn't help but think 'Paul is soo hot ... even though he is a rapist' I'm just weird like that. And it kind of made me mad that the dad beat him to death. But then I felt bad that the dad was going to go to prison.
icon *
Old 11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Ashley & Sean??? I was all for Sean & Tamara! They were my favourite couple on the show! I didn't really care who Ashley was with. She was like the queen snob b*tch on that show.

Ugh...I HATED Katie & Mike. I still do. Seeing those two together just made me nostalgic for Simon & Katie.

Well, Paul was looking fine on L&O but his character was just a sick bastard. I was felt so bad for the dad for feeling he had to resort to killing him to get justice.

LAX is on tonight! Woohoo...I can't wait! Actually, I still have 3 episodes of LAX to catch up on...one of them having a lot of shirtless Tony scenes from what I've heard.
Old 11-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. I liked Ashley and Sean. Ashley was my favorite female character and Sean was my favorite male character so I wanted them to get together.

I like both Katie/Mike and Katie/Simon for different reasons. But I think I like Simon by himself the most.

I have to tape LAX now. It's in the same time slot as Lost I liked it better when it was on Mondays. But I'm glad it got moved to a better day because Mondays are a killer for some shows. And I bet I missed I missed that Tony shirtless scene

He was a bastard on Law & Order but he was a hot bastard
icon *
Old 11-15-2004, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

thanks for posting this thread Maple, I will always Love KNS, I'm dreading Katie cause it centered around Mike yuck

can I ask where that pic of him with the Mic and ring is from?
KeithUrbanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Before Jennifer, I found Mike boring and frankly, the whole "He's SUCH a gooood guy!!" cheerleader rant half the town was making really annoyed me.

From all the rumours and news I've heard, it sounds like there's a big chance the Matie thing will keep dragging. I'll watch a few days of Katie's return but if it's all about Katie & Mike, I'll just FF their scenes.

Laura, I have no idea where the mic pic was taken...I just got it off some Dutch Paul Leyden site...you can find a bunch of other pictures there . Doesn't he look look hot, though? I think that's my favourite picture of him!

I don't watch Lost so LAX all the way for me. The show is really starting to improve and I love how Tony is on every single episode when some of the cast members aren't on for like 2-3 weeks. And I think Tony & Caitlin have a lot of chemistry. BTW, if you guys have time, sign the petition to keep LAX. Here's the link.

Screencaps!

Aww...they look like such a couple here!

From the Nov. 10 episode...doesn't he look hot or what???

Again...

Can you guys tell that I'm a Tony/Caitlin fan yet?

Okay..now I REALLY gotta go and finish my English essay.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top