Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome to the J&B board! (Intro/Index thread)

Hi everyone!

I, Michael (Subject) know that we may have some 'guests' here that read our board that haven't joined Fan Forum and I wanted to welcome you and invite you to join Fan Forum is a great, friendly community and offers the best in entertainment news and discussions in a wide variety of boards. We're all here for the same reason and whether you're a longtime fan or a new fan- we're all the same

Joining Fan Forum consists of just 3 simple pages of steps:

Page 1- asks for your date of birth

Page 2- States Fan Forum rules and asks you to agree to them

Page 3- asks for a username, password, your e-mail, and your time zone.

That's it. It's simple and easy and doesn't require your real name or anything very personal. Your e-mail is also kept absolutely confidential and will never be given out for soliciting purposes.

To join- please go here I hope to see you on the boards soon! Newbies Board + Questions & Answers

Hello I'd like to welcome all fans to the Jack & Bobby board! Most boards use this thread as a way to unite fans and to get a better understanding of who we're "foruming" with. Please answer these simple questions so that we know more about you. You don't have to answer every question, but try to answer as many as you feel comfortable answering! I hope to see you around the board!

Name:
Favorite TV Shows:
What attracted you to "Jack & Bobby"?:
Do you have a favorite character for "Jack & Bobby"?:
Are you shipping any couples?:
Anything else you'd like to say:

Alright here's mine:
Name: Chrissy
Favorite TV Shows: Jack & Bobby, American Dreams, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Will & Grace
What attracted you to "Jack & Bobby"?: I found the whole concept of the show very original and I liked how you see a future president grow up.
Do you have a favorite character for "Jack & Bobby"?: - if you know me well, I don't need to answer that - why of course I Jack I like that Jack acts as a parent to Bobby. I also like that Jack isn't perfect and seems like a genuinely good person. I also really like the character of Grace - she's very complex and is very witty.
Are you shipping any couples?: My favorite couple at the moment is Courtney and Jack, and Grace and Tom
Anything else you'd like to say: I'm currently rooting for the Red Sox to win the World Series - how neat would that be? Let's see what else... I'm applying to colleges, so I'm a little stressed out, but hopefully soon, I'll have sent in all applications. I'm also very excited about the move to Wednesdays for Jack & Bobby - I hope this helps to gain viewers

Fans who have introduced themselves:
Crazyforcmm - Chrissy
Subject - Michael
Philosophist - Amber
JudyC - Judy
Dommie - Dommie
crazyspuffy - Adriana
XxDreamer - Jess
Roswell Candy - Danielle
MissCongeniality - Candace
ViviLit - Vivi
caro_y_milo - Carolina
*~*Rach*~* - Rach
~*bitterswt*~ - Kay
WinterPolaris - Floreta
galela - Dine
farfalla_fille - Marie
-becca- - Becca
bESIDES x yOU - Steph
Em17sK - Elisabeth
Andie_coffeeaddicted - Andie
deathofacat - Cat
SpikeytheNeonBlowFish - Spike
bluequizzer - Emily
Bianca - Bianca
~Lost and Found~ - Sandra
AmandaJO - Amanda
cappuccinogirl - Esther
*Rach* - Rach
ALLSTAR - Ken
Sam Hewson - Sam
christine lahti fan - Annelies
Shauna233 - Shauna
Lana_Llama - Elana
jsrocks - Shelly
xxlisaxx - Lisa
Bop the Jeep
ann 3.0 -Ann

-------------

Index -All Jack & Bobby threads

Intro / News Threads

Introduce Yourself
News
Questions & Answers

Cast / Character Appreciation Threads

Bobby McCallister / Logan Lerman
Tom Wexler Graham / Bradley Cooper
Courtney Benedict / Jessica Paré
Grace McCallister / Christine Lahti
Jack McCallister / Matt Long
Marcus Ride / Edwin Hodge
Peter Benedict/ John Slattery
President McCallister
Missy/ Kerri Lynn Pratt Appreciation
Chloe (Courtney's Little Sister)
Bobby's Vice President
Katie/ Kate Mara
Jimmy/ Tom Cavanaugh

Shipper / Friendship Threads

Bobby / Courtney
The Brothers McCallister
Jack / Courtney
Jack / Missy
The McCallister Family
Peter / Courtney
Peter / Grace
Tom / Grace
Bobby / Dex
Nate / Courtney
Jack / Katie
Bobby / Peter
Courtney / Peter
The Benedict Family

Unappreciation Threads
Missy
Grace
Missy / Jack
Bobby / Courtney
Peter / John Slattery
Jack/Courtney

Art Threads

Fanart Thread
Music Videos

Episode Discussions

The Pilot
Better Days - Episode 1.01
The Kindness of Strangers - Episode 1.02
A Man of Faith - Episode 1.03
The First Lady - Episode 1.04
An Innocent Man - Episode 1.05
Valentino - Episode 1.06
Election Night - Episode 1.07
Chess Lessons - Episode 1.08
Lost Boys - Episode 1.09
Today I Am A Man - Episode 1.10
Running Scared - Episode 1.11
A New Frontier - Episode 1.12
Into the Woods - Episode 1.13
Time Out of Life - Episode 1.14
And Justice for All - Episode 1.15
Querida Grace - Episode 1.16
Friends with Benefits - Episode 1.17
A Child of God -Episode 1.18
Under the Influence -Episode 1.19

Game Threads

ABC Game
Word Association
This or That
Hangman
Survivor
300 Word Story
J&B Awards: The Approval Ratings
Funny Screencaps
TPBM
Six Degrees of J&B
Don't Quote Me

Other Threads

Music Appreciation
Unconventional Couples
J&B Espanol
Off-Topic
Picture Thread
Quotes
Political Aspects
The Profoundness of Moments
Attracting New fans (Campaign thread)
Birthday List
Who's your favorite main character?
Constructive Criticism
What do you want for this season?
J&B Websites
Which actor/actress would you like to see guest star?
Jack & Bobby Keepers
Weekly Debate
Tape Trading
Fanfic
Future Discussions

Spoiler Thread
Spoiler thread for J&B Please be aware that by clicking the link, you will be in spoilerland! If you don't want to know upcoming episode information, do NOT click the link. Thanks!

Last edited by Subject; 05-02-2005 at 08:24 PM
Old 10-24-2004, 06:22 AM
Banned

Name: Michael
Favorite TV Shows: (Current on-air shows) Jack & Bobby, The Mountain, Life as we know it, Smallville, Charmed, Law & Order: original/SVU, ect...
What attracted you to "Jack & Bobby"?: The idea of that while things may be hard at the moment a better future could be waiting around the corner. Aka the potential for greatness.
Do you have a favorite character for "Jack & Bobby"?: Jack.
Are you shipping any couples?:I'm shipping every couple that we have threads for.
Anything else you'd like to say: I'm a Cancer so I'm really connected with my emotions and that plays a huge part in what I watch on tv or in movies.

Last edited by Subject; 10-24-2004 at 06:35 AM
Old 10-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Name: Amber
Favorite TV Shows: Tru Calling, Roswell, The Mountain, J&B, etc.
What attracted you to "Jack & Bobby"?: During the summer when they first started showing previews for it, I loved the Jack/Grace angst they showed. Plus the brother relationship interested me, and I like history.
Do you have a favorite character for "Jack & Bobby"?: As of right now, Courtney or Grace
Are you shipping any couples?: Jack and Courtney
Anything else you'd like to say: I'm a very dedicated fan...
Old 10-24-2004, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Name: Judy

Favorite TV Shows: Jack & Bobby, Lost, Smallville, The Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother (guilty pleasure), Gilmore Girls (sometime viewer)

What attracted you to "Jack & Bobby"?: I saw the pilot and fell in love the writing and acting. Christine, Matt and Logan play off each other beautifully. The future aspects add dramatic weight and intrigue too--it's like putting together a puzzle. Since I love the characters so much, it doesn't matter that we already have an idea of what'll happen. The fun is seeing how they meet their respective destinies, especially Bobby.

Do you have a favorite character for "Jack & Bobby"?: Jack. .

Are you shipping any couples?: I love watching all of the couples on the show. Like on Smallville, the various relationships bring out different aspects of each character. But I probably have a (very) slight tendency toward Bobby/Courtney and am intrigued Tom/Grace.

Anything else you'd like to say: I'm a Libra, with all of the good/"quirky" qualities that it entails. I like watching movies and sports. I also love reading and journaling in my spare time.

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Michael - I am so bad with communicating my emotions - I tend to keep them bottled inside - which is awful

Amber - My friend raves about Tru Calling, but I've yet to see it - what's it about?

Judy - I'm a "half the time" viewer of GG, too - the last season I haven't been able to get into it But I am liking that Luke and Lorelai are FINALLY going out I also really miss Tristan All I ask is one more episode with him in it

I'm a Virgo, which is basically a perfectionist - I admit - I like things a certain way, but I think I've tamed down quite a bit in that I'm more willing to see things a different way
Old 10-24-2004, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Chrissy-- I'll try not to talk to much about this topic Tru Calling is about Tru Davies (Eliza Dushku), who just finished med school and is working at a morgue. She discovers while working there that the dead bodies who should not have died-- it wasn't their time-- contact her. After a body asks for her help, the day rewinds and she has to go off whatever info she has (sometimes she doesn't even know their name), mostly just knowing the way they died, and try to save them. Throughout the season she discovers that her mom used to have the same gift (and her mom also died right in front of her). She deals with her sorta messed up family a lot, and one of the best relationships is between her and her brother, Harry, who had a hard time believing that she actually was telling the truth about her gift. Near the end of the season, a guy named Jack (Jason Priestley) comes around and he ends up trying to keep everyone Tru tries to help, dead. They're kind of like night and day. He thinks that she's interferring with fate. Anyways, so now she's got a rival, and he also killed the guy she loved, Luc In a mass of good shows gone bad in the 2003-2004 season (there were plenty of 'em ) Tru Calling was the only show I truly looked forward to every week. So yes, it is truly great

ITA, Tristan was a Gilmore God. He made the show worth watching for 2 seasons. I used to spend 8 1/2 hours a day (school days it was 6) reading Trory fanfic Milo made season 2 and 3 okay, but yeah, I kept hoping all the way through season 3 that he'd be back, and if not, then I was hoping for season 4. Who knows, he could've made season 4 a lot better then it was. I'm a pretty constant viewer, but I haven't liked what I've seen during s.4 and 5. I never really got into L/L, although I think their cute, but I'm uber excited about Christopher's return. The only good think that came out of IWH being cancelled. I was really happy David got his own show because he's so awesome, but, I'm also glad he's back on GG I hate to admit it but I'm more of a balcony bud

I'm a Scorpio. We're very... passionate The most intense of all the signs, which I think is a good thing... but not everyone does
Old 10-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Amber - That sounds like a great show - it's a neat concept! When's it on? I only watch TV about two or three times a week because 1) I forget a show is on at a certain time or 2) A lot of the shows I can't stand I'm still reading trory fics I love Mrs. Witter's stories - she's great! My favorite story of the moment is "You Got Away" - it's terrific I absolutely loved his character and I'm excited with this new character (Logan?) because he reminds me of Tristan I also really liked Milo becauses it was neat to see the bad boy and the good girl together, but I've got to say - it's not bad to watch Milo on American Dreams - he's fabulous there! I like L/C, but if I had to chose between them and L/L - I'd pick L/L. I'm excited to see what's going to happen when Chris returns, but I hope it doesn't ruin L/L relationship - I'd still like to see more of it

I'm so bad with astrological signs - all I know is mine and 99% of the time, everything that's said about my sign and my personality is true - it's really weird!
Old 10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Amber and Chrissy

Yay, another Christopher (GG) fan. To be honest, I watched all eppies of GG during its first two seasons, and then real life started getting in the way. And once Milo/Jess wasn't there....I never made my way back completely. Chrissy, I liked Tristan SO much more than Dean, even in the beginning, but my heart belonged to Jess, .

I also loved loved Adam Brody on GG but still haven't begun watching the O.C. since he left GG.

I read a book at the Barnes and Noble yesterday called "The Ultimate Birthday Book," which has a detailed description of personality traits for people born on a certain day. I looked up descriptions for myself and for many other friends/family, and it freaked me out how accurate the reports were. So, I have a hard time believing the daily astrologies but the other stuff...fun to learn about.

Judy

Old 10-25-2004, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Judy - I used to make fun of my friend all the time because she liked Dean - as long as you don't like Dean, I'm okay with that (I'm so immature, aren't I? ) Jess and Tristan were great! I really loved Adam Body's character with Lane (I haven't seen the OC yet either!) I've heard of similar books and I agree - it's really weird when those books have you down cold
Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Chrissy-- Tru Calling hasn't returned for it's second season yet I'm not sure if it will be on the same day when it comes back, but it used to be on FOX, Thursdays, at 8pm. I hope it stays the same day. When I find out for sure I'll be sure to tell you

Actually, I think it's coming out on DVD... hmmm... Thanks for reminding me, I need to buy that!

I remember Mrs. Witter's fics!!! They are great I remember there was one fic I really liked by the author Surya, called "The More Things Change." It was the only Rory-gets-pregnant story that was written well, cuz you know how most of those go I really should go back to reading those.... the thing I always hated was that websites that had collectives never updated, and so there was never any new stories, and most FF.net writers either had really bad stories or didn't get back to them. I hate unfinished fics!!

Also, on Laura's GG fanfic site there's a story-- which I'm sure you've read--- called Proud and Prejudiced.... Very good. I'm still waiting on her new one

Aw, man, you're making me remember my for the Trory fics. I just may have to go back to being an obsessive reader...

The funny thing is, I always loved Tristan and had him built up in my mind as one of the greatest characters ever because of what the fanfics did with his character. The show seriously left him completely underdeveloped. It's the fanfic that made all the difference with that character

Milo was great. Season 1 was lovely because it was the start of everything, and Trissy was there (gah, nicknames are an old Fanfic habit ), but overall Season 2 was probably the best. And Milo did a wonderful job with everything... Jess rocked everything so hard... the Lorelai/Rory relationship, the Rory/Dean relationship, and I loved to see his interaction with Luke. The first 2 seasons should be ASP's pride and glory

Judy-- Yup, go Christopher! I really like David Sutcliffe I think the problem with me liking Luke is that, although I've watched since the beginning, and do like him okay, he was just never as open as Christopher was. We saw a lot more of Christopher in a shorter period of time. It's harder to see how much Luke cares... although I know he does.

I'm very excited for Christopher's return. I'm a little annoyed at Rory in the previews, though. Rory really sucks (since s. 3/4 ish). She's up everybody's butt, so to speak. First, turning Jess away, so rudely when he's the love of her life *cough*, (and we're not even going to get into her disgusting choice to have an affair with Dean--- evil!) and then yelling at her father like that? Well, excuse me, but when you ruin a marriage and someone's family life then you have no right to insult someone else's mistakes, now do you? Rory used to be a character I idolized, back in the Chilton days, but now I can't stand her Very sad.

Yeah, I don't like Dean much, either. I think there may have been like, 2 episodes I liked him in, maybe only 2 scenes. Let's see, the Trory fics used to call him "Bag Boy" a lot, and make fun of his "bowl" haircut, if I remember correctly The only reason why I don't like him is really just because he's whiny and his story is over on GG. He needs to leave, already!

Dave and Lane were perfect. I'm a little confused by her latest interest... I think that was a lame cop out from the writers, although I do like them together, it just was too... not well planned, or unsuited, whatever.

I really like Adam's performance on the OC. It's too bad you guys haven't seen it yet, cuz the best episodes were the first half You can always go rent the first season, cuz it's out on DVD tomorrow

*whew* okay, I'm done. Wow, just like Michael said on the OT thread, "don't get anyone started on Roswell," well, don't get me started on Gilmore Girls, unless you want to be reading for a while Sorry about the long ramblings
Old 10-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Chrissy, Amber, all,

Chrissy--there are actually people out there who like Dean? I've never had a friend who liked Dean. Would I be friends with someone who liked him? Hmmmm...

Amber--ITA with you on Christopher. He's so charming. I like Luke and Lorelai as bantering friends, but I never believed they had romantic chemistry. I haven't been watching lately so I don't know how ASP is handling their romance. What I liked so much about Christopher/Lorelai is that they were young sweethearts who, for one reason or another, had obstacles--timing, and the like. Happy to hear that he's returning.

What's happening with Rory kinda reminds me of Joey from Dawson's Creek. I loved Joey in Season One, especially--she was so endearing--but in subsequent seasons, I grew to not like her as much. As for Rory, specifically, I was disappointed to hear about her and Dean. It's so un-Rory-like and also a step backward, storywise.

The first two seasons of GG were awesome. I loved Lor, Rory, Jess, Luke, Lane and Paris. My favorite episode is when Rory skipped classes and met Jess in NYC. So romantic! She misses Lorelai's graduation, leading to a fantastic confrontation between them.

Now...about Roswell. There was a reason why Michael said not to get anyone started on that show. Positive or negative, it seems to evoke such passionate responses from people. I have never LOVED a show, let alone an onscreen couple, the way I did Roswell. But by the same token, I have never felt so let down or even downright disgusted by a TV show before. Ever other single TV show, canceled or current, would probably elicit a very happy/excited/nostalgic response from me...but Roswell is different.

Judy

Old 10-25-2004, 11:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Judy-- You're Roswell is my Gilmore Girls Don't get me wrong, Roswell is my favorite show of all time, but I never watched it when it first started. I actually don't think I started watching it until after it was cancelled But Gilmore Girls was my huge obsessie show, I'm not even going to get into my extreme fanness of it...

You see, with GG I get riled up because when it went downhill, it made me go downhill with it, because when you've watched something from the beginning, gotten emotionally invested in the relationships and characters and storylines and whatnot from the beginning, it pisses you off a whole lot more because it feels like they did it to you. I imagine that's what Roswell was like for you, and that's why you're so hurt by *coughseason3cough* whenever it was at it's worst, or whatever they did wrong. I personally am less impacted by what they did wrong and more impacted by what they did right... because I came into it later... it's hard to explain. But with a show like GG, I'm more betrayed then anything, and find it harder to think back positively on when I realize what they've done wrong. The more experience and knowledge you have with something, gives you more passion when talking about it. I can understand what you're saying with Roswell, because I feel that way, too, but I feel it worse for GG, because I was more involved with the show when it was happening.

Am I making sense?

Icky Dean I've had friends who "liked" him before, but that's only because 1) they weren't avid watchers and so they didn't know what the heck they were talking about or 2) they wanted to spite me
Old 10-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Amber: My dear, you are making perfect sense. Your feelings about GG totally match mine for Roswell. I started watching Roswell *almost* from the beginning (Spring of 2000). It spawned a brand new definition of *obsessed*. Because I was watching from S1, the mutations that the show suffered I took especially hard. I felt betrayed and like something I loved was being taken away.

I have actually gone on a Roswell boards diet. I don't want to go there anymore. So much energy being spent. It was positive energy in the sense that thinking about/tallking about something I had once loved, and didn't want to forget, but at the same time, it evokes so much pain.

I loved Dawson's Creek S1 almost as much as Roswell, but because I got hooked on Roswell, DC kinda fell off my radar. So I watched the first few seasons and by the time the writing started to falter (IMO), I was someone detached.

I caught GG after Roswell was canceled, at a friend's urging, so...not from the beginning. It definitely makes a difference. I love GG still, but it was something I could take or leave. I really love Smallville, though, it never reached the same craziness level as the other shows. Probably healthier that way.

I think getting too emotionally involved with couples is what triggers my *obsessive* level. In which case, I should be OK with Smallville and J&B b/c I absolutely love the character dynamics without getting involved in crazy shipping wars, etc. They just make me happy, is all...not angsty.

Judy

Old 10-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Judy..and others

did Jack and Bobby get a new time slot??? really? so i didn't miss Sunday's afterall?? PLEASE tell me. I thought i was taping that show while on vacation..but instead i taped Desperate housewives and i could just SCREAM because they show encore performances of that and who needs to tape it....ok....big giant breath.....stay calm.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Amber - I agree completely - the fanfics really helped "develop" Tristan more than the show did - I love all the fanfics- they're great! I've probably read Surya's story - but I can't remember - they're all pushed together in my mind! I have to admit - some FF stories are awful, but the good ones make it all better. I love Laura's site - her stories are wonderful!

Rory has been a bad character lately - I don't like when characters do a "switcharoo" on me - the whole Dean/ Rory affair is bad - I don't like it. Dave - that's his name I couldn't remember it - but I really liked that relationship - it was quirky and cute I think the Lane and her new bandmate(I have no idea what his name is) is a little pushed and unoriginal - you kind of knew it would happen...

Judy - My friend and I have completely different tastes in guys Any opportunity she got, she would say Dean is better than Tristan bad girl!

I never thought of the connection between Joey and Rory, but you're right - it does seem like they're doing the same thing

I've gotta say - if Tristan wasn't on, then Jess is fine and a great replacement, but Tristan first and foremost for Rory

I've never seen Roswell

Dommie - Jack and Bobby moves to Wednesday night, 9 o'clock EST starting tomorrow, October 27 Sorry about your taping of Desperate Housewives - I still haven't seen that show - I'm still getting over the fact how many people watch it - isn't it something like 20 million??