Old 10-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Enterprise: Episode 4x03 "Home"

Title: Home
Production: 079
Season: 4 Episode: 3
Original Air Date: 10.22.2004

Synopsis:

As the Enterprise crew revels in a heroes' welcome on Earth, Trip joins T'Pol on a trip to planet Vulcan, excited to visit her home and be introduced to her mother T'Les. But when T'Pol becomes obliged to reconsider marriage to former fiancé Koss, the future of their relationship is put in question. Meanwhile, Archer must defend some of his morally questionable decisions during the Xindi conflict before a Starfleet Command panel of inquiry. Later, Phlox experiences prejudice against aliens while taking shore leave on Earth with Malcolm and Travis.

Cast:
Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer
John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox
Jolene Blalock as T'Pol
Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed
Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather
Linda Park as Hoshi Sato
Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:
Joanna Cassidy as T'Les
Michael Reilly Burke as Koss
Ada Maris as Captain Erika Hernandez
Gary Graham as Soval
Vaughn Armstrong as Admiral Forrest
Joe Chrest as Bar Patron #1
Jim Fitzpatrick as Commander Williams
Jack Donner as Vulcan Priest

Icon

Last edited by PPD; 10-21-2004 at 08:34 PM
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Re: Enterprise: Episode 4x03 "Home"

Quote:
Meanwhile, Archer must defend some of his morally questionable decisions during the Xindi conflict before a Starfleet Command panel of inquiry.
Oh, that should be interesting. I'm glad to see that we're going to have some follow-up about some of Archer's actions.

As to the other storyline ...

Thanks for starting this PPD.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Your welcome

I figured a mod would top it for us.

I'm looking forward to this eppy so much. I can't wait to see where the T'Pol story goes in this one.

Icon
Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Re: Your welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD
I can't wait to see where the T'Pol story goes in this one.
I'm hoping that it's not where that picture implies. I'm not a Trip/T'Pol fan.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Extreme Fan

What I can't wait for is to see the young T' Pau. We were first introduced to the character in TOS from the episode "Amok Time".
TrekGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Elite Fan

Love the picture. Though, it could use less Vulcans...

I am surprised to see that I recognize so many of the guest stars listed. Usually, I recognize only one or two, if any. This one has five.

Anyway... I don't know if I will be home to watch this episode when it airs, but it will be recorded, and I will watch it as soon as I get the chance.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hubby's working today so I'm going to have to tape it tonight to watch later. Hopefully when he gets home.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well that was good. I'm so glad they had Xindi Reptillians there, even if it was a dream. I was just dreading the Xindi would only be seen in season 3.

Dr. Bashir:
"...a doctor."
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Re: Re: Your welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by C h r i s
I'm hoping that it's not where that picture implies. I'm not a Trip/T'Pol fan.
me neither...cause that makes me lose all hope for a future with T'pol

all in all i thought the eppy was good...archer got some well earned rest and a nice reward for saving the planet if u know what i mean but i was really hoping that we would get to see more of hoshi because all we got of her last season was when she was under some kind of duress...oh well i am looking foward to the begginning of the next arc next week...also enterprise is in one piece again horray

Reply: But you can't assimilate me...I'm Denny Crane
The Collective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

I was fine with this episode till it ended. WTHell was that. So now we can forget about Trip and T'Pol or even T'Pol and Archer I suppose. Well I guess Koss will just have to die someday. I'm just assuming they went through with the "joining' or whatever they call it. The more I think about it this was a strangely unsatisfying eppy. Maybe I'm in stasis and this is all a bad dream.

Icon

Last edited by PPD; 10-23-2004 at 07:16 PM
Old 10-23-2004, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ok ... I'll post more later on the details that I have but overall Ugh ... ugh at the romance that they put in this eppy. I am sooooooooooo tired of the Trip/T'Pol pushing and now Trip LOVES T'Pol? And what was with the ending? Surely we'll realize T'Pol didn't really marry him or that it's not binding or something? And then who the heck was that woman that Archer was all over? Sorry but it was too much for me.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PPD
I was fine with this episode till it ended. WTHell was that. So now we can forget about Trip and T'Pol or even T'Pol and Archer I suppose. Well I guess Koss will just have to die someday. I'm just assuming they went through with the "joining' or whatever they call it. The more I think about it this was a strangely unsatisfying eppy. Maybe I'm I'm in stasis and this is all a bad dream.

I'm wondering if T'pol finds out that maybe her now FIL set it up so that her mother was forced to resign. This way Koss would have a bargaining tool to get T'pol to marry him. She did say that her FIL is very powerful. And I don't believe that all Vulcans are incorruptible. They can reason their behavior into an acceptable form even though it wasn't correct.

I'm not a Trip/T'pol fan either, but that was real martyr like of Trip to sacrifice both of their feelings for each other. I wasn't pleased with the ending either.
SolarFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I wasn't to happy about the ending either. I hope that they have a part in the ceremony where the priest says "speak now or forever hold your peace" and Trip speaks up and they run off together! Anyways... I totally and seriouisly busted a nut when I saw Phlox puff up like a Puffer Fish when he had to defend himself.
TrekGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally posted by TrekGoddess
I totally and seriouisly busted a nut when I saw Phlox puff up like a Puffer Fish when he had to defend himself.
I loved that scene!

Overall I quite enjoyed the episode. The ending sucked though. I loved that Archer had to explain at least some of his actions to Starfleet. It's so nice to see references to what happened in previous episodes. The scene with Phlox puffing all up was terrific! Oh, and Mayweather actually had some screen time, which was a nice change. It was nice to see Archer out being himself, but where did that woman come from? Oh well, I suppose he of all people deserved a little R&R. It was nice to have some scenes set on Vulcan. Loved T'Pol's costume as shown in the pic above, it was nice to see her in something besides her uniform or pj's.

Dark omega zer0 - the scene with the Xindi really had me going. I was so relieved when that turned out to be a nightmare.

The Collective - it would have been nice to see more of Hoshi. I'll take the scene in sickbay where Phlox tells her that the parasites are clearing up as good news though.

PPD - totally agree with you about the ending. But we didn't see the ceremony completed, so maybe there's hope.

Karen - I have to admit that Trip has me convinced that he's genuinely in love. Still don't see much chemistry between him and T'Pol.

SolarFlare - We didn't see too much of Koss, but I agree that he wouldn't be above using blackmail. If he really cared about T'Pol, wouldn't he have already used his family's influence so that T'Less' resignation wasn't necessary?
Old 10-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl
And then who the heck was that woman that Archer was all over? Sorry but it was too much for me.
I guess we are supposed to realize that the almighty Cpt. has been out to sea/space whatever for a year and his reward is to not only conquer the Mtn but also the woman. It wasn't even very subtle the way they did it, making us believe that those two did the 'wild thang'. Phuuuuuuleeeeeeeze. Get a holodeck already.

Icon
Reply   Post New Thread