Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2004, 07:19 PM
Banned

An Innocent Man: Episode Discussion (10/17/04)

Episode description from thewb.com

*Edited for Spoilers*

Grace (Christine Lahti) is stunned after Benedict (John Slattery) informs her something about her fellow colleague and good friend. Meanwhile, Bobby (Logan Lerman) is spending a lot of time with his new girlfriend, Dex (guest star Jeanette Brox). Still reeling from the guilt of kissing Courtney (Jessica Pare), Jack (Matt Long) is horrified to discover she and Missy's (Keri Lynn Pratt) relationship is changing.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check out KTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:23 PM
Old 10-18-2004, 05:31 AM
Banned

Grace once again was pushing Bobby to do more, be better, reach that potential. You can say that Grace holds Bobby back in a way from being himself. However, isn't it the goal of any parent to push their kids. So they can reach that bar. Excell at things about do more then they themselves had? I'm sure Grace wouldn't admit to failing anything but I'm sure she had her struggles. Even as an overacihever.

Jack wasn't that much involved with this episode. I liked that. Don't get me wrong Jack is my favorite character but it was nice to see the girls relating to each other and not really focusing on Jack. I think it really showed that Missy and Courtney are not just side characters meant to just tag along with Jack or Bobby.

Missy is so sweet. I loved how she wanted Courtney to know that she wasn't just so dumb airhead. She wasn't jealous of Courtney or his relationship with Jack not that I could see. Sure she might have had her misgivings about Jack being friends with a girl. That's like typical behavior. You expect something more then just friendship between friends of the opposite sex.

Bobby's new girl, is her name Dex? I've heard people mention Ellen or something. I'm not clear on what her name is. I have my mixed feelings about her. She seems to like Bobby as long as all he does is makeout with her. She doesn't seem to want more then a physical relationship. I thinks she has this wall up though. Similar to the wall we saw on Courtney but going more into depth.

I loved Jack saying to Bobby, "I'm not your parent." Sometimes you have to be but then sometimes you don't. I think it's thin line that older siblings walk all the time.

Is is just me or is Tom starting to slowly put some moves on Grace? Talking with her as an equal and not as someone below her. Maybe that's just the way his personality is but I some flirting going on again. Like when Peter interupted.

Peter and Grace, thats an issue. Will there ever be something more bewteen them? I don't know. As of right now I doubt it. Grace did say "their friendship" which has a meaning of it's own. Too bad the current situation cost that friendship a great deal.

I can't believe they left us with something like the possiblity of Bobby cheating on Courtney with the Vice President.

Last edited by Subject; 10-18-2004 at 04:21 PM
Old 10-18-2004, 05:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject

I can't believe they left us with something like the possiblity of Bobby cheating on Courtney with the Vice President.
I know! I was like, "What?! Wait!" They better elaborate on this next week.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

earlier in episode one

Someone posted that the Vice President didn't last the eight years of the McCallister terms...and perhaps this is why. I was floored as well by that statement.

And i see too some chemistry coming off of Tom towards Grace.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: earlier in episode one

Quote:
Originally posted by Dommie
Someone posted that the Vice President didn't last the eight years of the McCallister terms...and perhaps this is why. I was floored as well by that statement.

And i see too some chemistry coming off of Tom towards Grace.
Very interesting point! I was schocked when they left us with that - I hope the writers "forget" they put that in the script and then never explain what happen...

I really liked how the writers explored Missy more - she seems more real to me now. I like that we know more about her as a person, that she's not just an airhead, as she put it. I also really liked how the relationship between Missy and Courtney is improving - there are so many storylines that can result from that

I was definetly seeing some flirting going on between Tom and Grace - it was cute

Like Michael said, I think that Dex (or whatever her name is...) has a protective shield around her - we don't really know much about her, but hopefully soon, we will

I loved how Jack handled the whole cheating thing with Bobby - it's important to realize your mistake and know that it's wrong.

Next week's eppy looks great!
Old 10-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Addicted Fan

another great episode.

i hate to say this but im starting to like Missy. and i loved the scenes with her and Courtney when they r talking in the backyard.

the fact that Bobby cheated i think the writters r forshadowing the fact that he is able to do it and even more question the fact that he really did have an affair with the vice-president. by the way i was screaming at the tv when they said that at the end!

Grace took the news of her friends "activities" i thought pretty well considering he betrailed her in so many ways.

what also struck me about this episode is how good the directing was. 2 scenes come to mind. when Missy and Courtny r in the backyard and they r siting opposite each other there is a moment when the camera is far away and u can see them just sitting. and also when Grace finds out that her friend really did that to those grls and she shuts the door and u can hear her talk and the camera is zooming out. i dunno im a big drork and i liked that

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 10-18-2004, 06:36 PM
New Fan

For the first time an episode that seemed to be pro-liberal. Rather exciting.

Bobby's attraction to that little girl is rather odd. Not found of it and I hope it doesn't last much long.

The Jack/Missy/Court thing is great, loving the direction especially after this episode.

Finally Grace wins around with the President. About freaking time.

As for the VP affair thing, that's rather exciting but it makes little sense. Really hope they expand on that soon. I'm guessing that's going to be the big hook for November sweeps.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

you all made great points. i agree with Mike about everything he said. and the cliffhanger, wow!

Old 10-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

I really liked the episode!

First off,I thought the whole cheating theme of the episode was awesome.I liked the Bobby cheating story.I mean I know that situation when you feel like you just have to do well or else everyone will be disapointed.That girl is bad news for Bobby,but I understand it.She's different from everyone else and he likes that,but so far,she's not different in a good way.

The cliffhanger? Did I mention I love this show! Great! I can not wait to find out more.

I officially love Jack/Missy/Courtney! It's not your typical love triangle.Missy is really becoming a great character.I loved the scenes with her and Courtney.I hope they have a nice friendship.They remind me of Joey and Jen but better.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 10-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm wondering if Bobby just likes Dex because she noticed him - do you remember when he said "You know my name?" I like that Dex is opening up a new door for Bobby to explore.

Sarah - It's a great love triangle I love how Missy is expanding and we know a lot more about her - she's transformed into a great character!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Banned

I noticed something kind of obvious. We all forgot about the big ending of this episode. The last two eps didn't even mention it. I hope that they give us more into the storyline....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

You're 100% right - I completely forgot about that - they haven't mentioned anything about the VP Hopefully, it's in an upcoming episode...