Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Attracting new fans to J&B...(Campaign Thread)

Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if a thread has already addressed this question, so forgive me if one has.

Who in your family watches Jack & Bobby? Have you been able to turn friends into fans of the show?

My brother and I watch the show. What drew us initially into the show was the acting and that J&B's relationship reminds me of our own. It seems so realistic.

With my friends--one watches Jack & Bobby, but the others aren't TV watchers. Or they stick to shows like Cold Case/CSI/Law & Order, etc. Other friends are WB watchers already--One Tree Hill, Smallville, Charmed viewers. But for some reason I haven't yet been able to draw them into watching J&B.

My friend who watches J&B was already watching Seventh Heaven and Everwood.

J&B is a new show and needs time to develop an audience, but it's such a great one that I wish I could get more of my friends as hooked as I am.

Any thoughts?

Judy

icon credit: skje
Old 10-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Judy - This is a great idea for a thread - we need to find more fans to watch this great show

Here are my suggestions:
-Have some mention of "Jack and Bobby" in your signature
-Advertise the show...
If you go to http://webmasterrelations.thewb.com/ (register), then click on "Sneak Peaks", there are some ads already up
Old 10-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Banned

I don't think that anyone in my family is going to watch Jack & Bobby. My cousins like their cartoons and BET. My mother watches nothing but lifetime. My Grandma, I think is watching Desperate Housewives. We have sometime to campaign to build up the ratings for the show though. I also try to "plug" Jack & Bobby when I can on Tv board.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Michael and Chrissy,

I e-mailed Grace's speech at the end of Better Days to a non-watcher friend of mine currently applying to attend university. She thought it was really inspiring and helpful to her.

Also, I pitch Jack & Bobby if I found out someone likes reading Brad Meltzer's books, or even ones similar to his. "Have you read...By the way, he also created a TV show..." LOL.

Judy

Old 10-13-2004, 04:52 AM
Banned

Judy -Keep on pimpin I'm glad that Grace's speech was helpful to your friend. See, people...Jack & Bobby isn't just good to watch...it can help change the world.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Don't get me started on college essays They are SO hard to write especially when it's a university-specific question It's so stressful!

I started a J&B thread on the Newbies board, so hopefully that'll help out a little bit Feel free to add stuff there that I missed in the opening post
Old 10-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
Judy -Keep on pimpin I'm glad that Grace's speech was helpful to your friend. See, people...Jack & Bobby isn't just good to watch...it can help change the world.
Michael, hey, I'm trying. I do like the hopeful, inspirational tone of the series.

The WB should help Jack & Bobby more by making it a regular feature on its Easy View Sundays schedule. I'd love to re-watch eppys that way.

College applications are totally stressful. And I remember when I was applying to the college I attended--my applications process was further delayed b/c I forgot to sign a part of the document. *sigh*

Judy

Old 10-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

I know - I wish the WB had Jack and Bobby on EasyView - I love watching shows then

I only applied to one school so far and I forgot to put my social security number How I forgot that, I have no idea
Old 10-13-2004, 11:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyforcmm
I know - I wish the WB had Jack and Bobby on EasyView - I love watching shows then

I only applied to one school so far and I forgot to put my social security number How I forgot that, I have no idea
Chrissy, don't feel too bad. The part I forgot to sign had to do with abiding by the school's honor code. Ooops! Complete oversight. The whole process is stressful so it's easy to forget stuff!

Judy

Old 10-14-2004, 02:59 AM
Banned

I normally don't watch easy view. However it's great for dumb people who end up sleeping through the episode time. Mainly myself.

Is The Mountain in Jack & Bobby's easy view spot? If they are, I guess the reason would be because Jack & Bobby already has full season contract. While The Mountain doesn't or atleast I haven't heard anything yet.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Michael, I checked the WB's calendar and you're right: looks like The Mountain is in J&B's Easy View spot. Double episodes of What I Like (are double episodes really necessary?) and then The Mountain and some comedies....

Having J&B on Easy View would make sense since a fresh episode would be airing later that night. Then again, I'm still don't quite why J&B is after Charmed on Sundays, as is.

Judy

Old 10-15-2004, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

I've had the link in my sig since the pilot aired. Plus, I try to get my friends to watch by showing them pictures of Matt Long.

So far, it's been sucessful.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bkrstar
I've had the link in my sig since the pilot aired. Plus, I try to get my friends to watch by showing them pictures of Matt Long.

So far, it's been sucessful.
Thanks for the link in your sig

Judy - I know - weird pairing for Charmed and Jack and Bobby. Sundays are like an "Americana" night for me - I go from American Dreams to Jack and Bobby
Old 10-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

I think that most people who watch Charmed (myself included) have their minds set for that type of "Magical" show. Then when you get something like Jack & Bobby thats a different thing. I can understand somewhat why Charmed is before Jack & Bobby. I watch Charmed for the relationships and not really the whole magical aspects.

Maybe the WB believes that most people watch Charmed for only the relationships. Which then would make a little more sense to place Jack & Bobby after it. I would prefer it after Everwood though. There more of a fit together IMO.

As for the link in the sig... Well as soon as I'm done with my Farscape mode I'll get right on that. I just can't wait until Sunday when the Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series airs on Sci-Fi. Believe me if you watched this show or anyshow and they left it with a "To be continued" on the Series finale(last episode). Then you would be very excited to learn that a mini series is coming out.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree -J&B should be moved to a closer genre show - like an Everwood, GG, etc. It would make more sense for Charmed and Smallville to be paired together, but there's nothing we can do

Michael - What is Farscape? I've never heard of it I do hate when shows say "To Be Continued" - then you have to wait until next season Wow-that's a weird smilie