Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

That '70s News: Really the last season? Read all about it! :D

Previously on That '70s News:

A special on what's considered spoilery news:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
Let me make it clear what we consider to be a spoiler. News about anything that's going to happen on a future episode of a television show is considered to be a spoiler if that episode of the show hasn't aired yet. Even if something is officially published somewhere about a new episode of a show, it's considered to be a spoiler if that show hasn't aired. Some people don't want to come to a television board like this and read anything about what's going to happen in a future show, and thus have their enjoyment of the show spoiled, and that's why we call such information "spoilers" and that's why we ask that spoilers only be posted on the Spoilers board.

I fully realize that it's often difficult to determine what's considered to be a spoiler, and sometimes decisions concerning what is a spoiler and what isn't a spoiler comes down to judgment calls on the part of the moderators for the message boards here. If you have questions concerning this, please contact one of the moderators of this message board, and please trust their judgment concerning this issue, and don't take it personally if they edit out a post that they feel contains spoilers, because all they're doing is trying to enforce the rules and be fair to all the posters here. Thanks.
---

And...

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day
That '70s Show Delaying Farewell?

New York Post Online Edition

'That '70s Show' Delaying Farewell?
By DON KAPLAN

September 13, 2004 -- DISCO may be dead, but don't start making funeral plans for That '70s Show.

Heading into its seventh — and reportedly final season — the long-running Fox comedy is showing signs it might return for an eighth.

"If we all want to give it another year, maybe we could," says Danny Masterson, who plays Steven Hyde, the wise-cracking, parentless cool kid who learns on this week's episode that his biological dad is black (played by guest star WKRP in Cincinnati's Tim Reid).

"As of right now we don't, but at the same time there'd be no reason not to — except that it's just kind of been planned since last year that this would be the last season."

Masterson, 28, says if there were to be another season, he'd like some sort of guarantee that the show would stay the same as it's been. "That '70s Show" is one of the few series that has managed to avoid getting too weird or going downhill as it's aged.

No matter where Fox has placed the show on its schedule over the years, the ratings for That '70s Show have always remained solid.

And since its debut in 1998, the show has brought fame and fortune to the its six stars — Masterson, Topher Grace, Mila Kunis, Laura Prepon, Wilma Vladerrama and most especially Ashton Kutcher.

The group famously hang out together after work and have become something of a 21st Century Brat Pack. "At this point the That '70s Show set is like going to summer camp," he says.

Adding to that sense of family, Masterson's brother Christopher Malcolm in the Middle has dated and lived with Prepon for years.

But if the show really does pack it in next spring?

"I've never gone too long without a job," he says. "There's a large talent pool in my age group of really good actors. I have no problem hustling against any one of them."

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc. NYPOST.COM, NYPOSTONLINE.COM, and NEWYORKPOST.COM
are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc. Copyright 2004 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.

---

Quote:
Originally posted by Good_Day
it contained a surprise, but I liked this:

"However, Filgo does add that whenever That '70s Show's last episode is filmed, "it'll be a really small story, judging from the pilot. The best, most organic way to finish is back in Eric's basement, with all the kids. That would keep the show true to its original spirit."

& what does Jeff Filgo mean by whenever the last episode is filmed--are we getting an 8th season?

Carol

Previous Thread...

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.

Last edited by Magdalene; 02-28-2005 at 12:59 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Good. I always thought the finale should have a really simple storyline. I hate it when all of a sudden all the stuff happens in the last five minutes and then BOOM! Over.

That's why the Friends finale sucked ass for me.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Kinda late commenting on this, but couldn't help commenting on the whole Mac/Jeffrey Brunner thing. Really feeling for Mila here since Mac isn't exactly the best catch in the world (at least IMO), yet he goes and cheats on her for this?! The guy has to be the biggest idiot around...I mean, how often does a guy like him get a chick like Mila anyway. Seriously...he's nothing short of a total dumbass...*scowls*

At least she's able to move on from him now..maybe she'll find a more worthwhile catch next time around. For her sake, I can only hope...
Old 10-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I always had a funny feeling about Mac and I always thought that maybe Mila and Mac were pretending to be together to protect him. At least I hope that's what it was because if it's not, Mila is probably devastated. However she seems to have a good support system so I'm sure everything will turn out ok for her if this story is true. I haven't heard it anywhere else so you never know.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

So this is a guy he cheated with?? OK....... But the fact that he cheated.... not nice. Poor Mila she deserves better. We do love you girl lol

Hyde/Jackie l Jack/Courtney
Nathan/Haley l Seth/Summer
Jason/Courtney l Spike/Buffy
Charlie/Claire l Pacey/Joey

Last edited by farfalla_fille; 10-07-2004 at 06:45 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh my GOD.

This show is never. going. to END.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:22 AM
Master Fan

Wait, where'd y'all get the news that Mila got cheated on?

Poor girl. He could have TOLD her if he was attracted to guys. Now the issue is just complicated beyond adultery, which is complicated enough.

Kryssi--what makes you say that?
Old 10-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
Kryssi--what makes you say that?
Because...for one thing, I was surprised it didn't get cancelled in mid-season 4. Secondly, there was that whole issue a couple years ago about whether or not Topher and Ashton could reach a S6 (or was that S7?) agreement. THEN we were being told - no, assured - that this season is the final season. And now they're talking about yet ANOTHER season?!?!?! Christ, enough already.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I think this season should be the last. They're all grown up; let them go.

What's all this animosity toward season 4, though? I liked it!!! Loved it at times, even!!! Except the fact that J/K were together--after "The Trials of..." I found them hard to watch; I was so bitter. But the rest I enjoyed!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Airie75
What's all this animosity toward season 4, though?
I just remember when 90% of the S4 episodes first aired, thinking they were nothing like the first couple seasons in the sense that I found myself RARELY laughing, and was quite bored. Some of the material given to Red and Kitty (the only reasons I ever watched the show) was lame and I just felt embarrassed for them at times. The scripts just seemed so weak. And for some reason the show had to suffer, too, because of Eric and Donna not being together at the time. This was also around the time it was starting become noticeable that a lot of the actors were getting bored with their own characters.

I could go on, but...
Old 10-08-2004, 03:36 AM
Master Fan

Oh...I didn't feel that until into season 5...but yeah, season 4 was of a whole different energy...
Old 10-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Mac cheating or whatever is still up in the air since he's keeping everything 'private'

This *was* coming from a low profile gossip site so its credibility isn't all that great. They proceed to confuse us over here, as well. So, I'm just going to chalk it up to bored gossip rats trying to make a story.

I'm still going to say "Poor Mila" 'cause regardless, the media isn't making Mac look that great and when she's seen with him, it makes her look like she's tolerating everything that may or may not be true.

Logan: My underbelly is rock-hard. It can go all night.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucii
Mac cheating or whatever is still up in the air since he's keeping everything 'private'

This *was* coming from a low profile gossip site so its credibility isn't all that great. They proceed to confuse us over here, as well. So, I'm just going to chalk it up to bored gossip rats trying to make a story.

I'm still going to say "Poor Mila" 'cause regardless, the media isn't making Mac look that great and when she's seen with him, it makes her look like she's tolerating everything that may or may not be true.

I actually take clonazepam, one of the drugs Mac was caught with. I have seizures, so I take 0.5 mg a night to sleep. He had 32 mg! I don't even have that much when I get my prescription filled. I hope he isn't addicted, because I read it can be very addictive in high dosages. I also hope he cleans up his act and this mess doesn't prevent Mila from doing any projects, since directors tend to frown on people with checkered pasts. Not that that's stopped quite a few people from making movies (see Paris Hilton).

Speaking of cast news, does anyone know when Mila's newest film comes out? It's in post-production status on Imdb.com, but it doesn't have additional info. And where can you buy Tony n' Tina's Wedding from? I help order things at my work, and I want them to buy it so I can see it!
Old 10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Loyal Fan

To be honest I really dont dont know what to believe anymore on the net. If there is maybe more than one source saying it, then maybe just maybe I will believe it. But right now I am just going to believe that it is net gossip too. Just going to leave it at that. lol

Hyde/Jackie l Jack/Courtney
Nathan/Haley l Seth/Summer
Jason/Courtney l Spike/Buffy
Charlie/Claire l Pacey/Joey
Old 10-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well if it is the last season

How come FOX isn't hyping the you know what out of it?

I don't watch Friends, but I remember the overkill of the "goodbye, final season" promos on NBC.

Carol