Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

Billy's Staying Power

No, not that staying power! But his staying power as a celebrity. How do you think he's fare? Will the name Billy Boyd still sell, say 5 years from now?

Discuss.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

Pao, this sounds like a History paper

No, seriously. I think Billy needs all the exposure he can get to sustain the LOTR mania.

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by supergirlhero
Pao, this sounds like a History paper

No, seriously. I think Billy needs all the exposure he can get to sustain the LOTR mania.
Does it appear that serious? But I put in a guttery comment before I asked the question!

I agree. Billy does need to tool his LOTR exposure to get new projects. So far Brad has, I guess, recruited Billy into doing Seed of Chucky. Going to cons is great, too. At least he's still in the public eye, but he has to get some more on screen work, because he'd just be That Guy Who Played Pippin who does the cons circuit years and years from now.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

I think it was the 'discuss' that did it

Yeah. I mean, look at Dom. Lost seems to have been a good option for me. I think Billy should do more mainstream Hollywood movies (crass consumerism aside) just so he'd get that much needed exposure.

What? You want me to spit in my hand? We're Scully and Mulder.
I don't know what that means.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
New Fan

ok my take

From what I have seen of Billy, I don't think he cares one way or the other whether his name makes it big or not. I see Billy as someone who just likes to act and it can be a small part, it can be a big part, he doesn't care as long as he is doing something he loves.

To my way of thinking, I see Billy as being an immensely popular guy, no matter what. He just has that presence which makes him unforgettable, know what I mean?

I think with him, whatever happens, happens. He is not into having his name up in lights. The man loves him homeland and he knows that there are bigger things he could be doing, but he loves where he is and is not going anywhere.

So no, I don't think he "needs" to do anything more than what he is doing right now.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Master Fan

I dont think many people will remember Billy by the way he is going at the moment. He's only doing small parts in low budget films. I think he will need to aim for more "Hollywood" style films like Orlando did. That really launched his career by getting out there and getting his name known.

Old 10-06-2004, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Gigi, yep. You brought up an important point. It really does depend on Billy if he would be all Hollywood. I think he'll do what makes him happy and not mind if his name is up there in lights.

Kate, if Billy wanted to, that would be the way. His only difference with Orlando is that Orli has poster boy good looks. Billy seems to be an acquired taste, IMO.

So, with that, how do you think (with the assumption that Billy wants to) would Billy achieve commercial success?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Banned

I think Billy boy just needs his personality to shine through and it can take him places, he might not have the best looks in the world, but with his dazzling smile and great whit, he can charm anyone. Orlando may have great looks,( forgive me for saying this) but... i dont think hes got as nearly a bubbly personality as our Billy Boy!

I have to agree that Billy seems to be happy with what he's doing and thats great, if he gets kicks out of doing small parts then go him, shows another side of his personality and that hes not money hungry. Though... i do think that he could soon drift slowly away from us if he doesn’t do another semi big part, which is sad Though on the better side of things, i really dont think Lotr will be drifting from our memories any time soon.

lol i prob rambled.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sexypinkdots
Though... i do think that he could soon drift slowly away from us if he doesn’t do another semi big part, which is sad Though on the better side of things, i really dont think Lotr will be drifting from our memories any time soon.

lol i prob rambled.
Aw, no you didn't! That was a very nice post.

That is my fear, too. That Billy would soon be out of the limelight. I think the best thing to do would be to do some big commercial movie from time to time, and then focus on the small projects that he loves in between.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Paolo
Aw, no you didn't! That was a very nice post.

That is my fear, too. That Billy would soon be out of the limelight. I think the best thing to do would be to do some big commercial movie from time to time, and then focus on the small projects that he loves in between.
Aww thank you Yep thats what i think he would be best doing and i think he does do something like that to keep himself up here, i mean look at Dom hes doing lost which is a big talked about thing and Billys doing things like Chuckster PLEASE BILLS!
Old 10-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

I agree with both you two.

I can tell that LOTR will be the biggest project Billy will do. It's a shame because he is a really great actor and deserves all the acknowledgement that he gets.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:10 AM
Absolute Fan

i agree with what everyone else has said so far. though i doubt any of us will forget billy anytime soon the general public probably will unless he does a hugely anticipated movie (or tv series) like spiderman or something hehe.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sexypinkdots
Aww thank you Yep thats what i think he would be best doing and i think he does do something like that to keep himself up here, i mean look at Dom hes doing lost which is a big talked about thing and Billys doing things like Chuckster PLEASE BILLS!
Yeah, and to think Dom was quite depressed, because he couldn't get a job when he was new. Remember that Preview mag interview? He said something like everyone's got some projects lined up, and he had none.

Personally, I'd like Billy to still be in the public eye, because I get to see him in the media. When he's doing indie stuff, it's so hard to look for stuff related to his project.
Old 10-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

There never seems to be any information about Billy's more recent films because they arent huge releases.

I'd be pleased if Billy done something on television like Dom is doing. Or he could go a show like Will and Grace. That would get him some more publicity.

Old 10-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Since he loves theater, he could do something Off-Broadway. A play would be nice, but a musical is even better.