Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

The Kindness of Strangers: Episode 102

Bobby (Logan Lerman) joins the "challenge program" at school and learns a powerful lesson. Meanwhile, Grace (Christine Lahti) is startled by news that Bobby's new teacher gives her regarding Jack (Matt Long). Also, the flash-forward segments reveal how a surprising ally (guest star Paul Sorvino) helps President McCallister out at a critical moment in his political career.

Tonight at 9, I can't wait! Sounds like it's going to be a great episode.

Miss this episode? Don't worry - check outKTLA's episode summary!

Last edited by crazyforcmm; 03-04-2005 at 01:21 PM
Old 09-26-2004, 08:37 PM
New Fan

Well, it's on at 8 here in Canada, so I'll probably stop by with the early review in just a bit. Looks like a good episode, Paul Sorvino is a really good actor, and I just love the flashes forward -- so it will be a good combo for me.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Re: The Kindness of Strangers: Episode 102

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliya
Bobby (Logan Lerman) joins the "challenge program" at school and learns a powerful lesson.
I think the fact that someone is going to "learn a powerful lesson" should just be a given for this show.

Anyway, sounds good.

icon credit
Old 09-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait! 3 hours...woo-hoo!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 09-26-2004, 11:57 PM
New Fan

Sadly, it's the weakest of the episodes so far -- by a lot. It seemed to me to be far too much of a rehash of the first episode. Bobby messes up trying to be 'cool' and learns something from his mistake. I dunno, I can't pinpoint the problem, but in my mind this was a bad episode. Maybe just too 'teen' for me, who knows. The whole Jack/Courtney/Missy thing bothered me a lot too. And the implausibility of what happened in the future debate.

Ugh. Disappointed right now. Guess I'll have to wait an hour to see what others thought of it, but not a good episode in my opinion.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Banned

I loved that little line between Jack & Bobby. "So I'm not a freak?" -Bobby, "It's a step" - Jack. Grace just had to go and talk to that teacher. When is she going to keep a promise. Even if it is a small one. I liked it when Grace offered to grade those papers. That was very nice of her.

They had to make race an issue. Well they opened the door so. If I was asked that question I could reply no problem but I look Mexican or Indian so.. However, I can understand the hesitation by Future Bobby. Answer it the wrong way and you come off as a racist. Which would have never left him. Don't answer it and you can't handle pressure. Loreno is a good guy. It really causes heart to believe that someone who is your "enemy" saving you not because they owe you something but because it was the right thing to do. That was also a touching thing about his son. Seeing Bobby has his son. It seems that Bobby's open heart and trustworthy personality allows people to see people in him. People of pure heart, because Bobby is pure of heart.

Grace found out. I can't believe that someone wasn't watching the phone. Jack should have kept it by his side. The filrting between Peter and Grace was wonderful.

Missy was so obviously playing Jack just because he was with Courtney. I mean come one Jack open your eyes. Hormones I guess....

Grace never under-estimating Jack was wrong. I'm glad that she saw that now. However it shouldn't have taken that for her to do it. Jack explaining how he took care of himself basicly was nice. It's time we saw some of the big picture. I can relate to that as well.

Jack & Courtney: The scene between Missy/Courtney/Jack well you could feel some tension. Jack is playing the right cards. Getting Courtney to open up by convincing her that she was acting mean. Courtney making the move to go study with the "jackets" was bold. Nice step for her. The look on Courtney's face when Jack told them about his idea for the party to be at his house. She was thinking that he was acting different around his friends. In a way he was. Jack waiting for Courtney to show up. Courtney wanting to apologize was very sweet. Jack just messed up big time with her. He should have went after her.

Bobby: He was so good in that class. I'm glad that is able to prove his "worth" and making a new friend. Perhaps Grace was right when trying to get him in that class. His new friends are nothing but trouble. Ruining that man's things just because of a knife. I can't blieve that Bobby fell to the peer pressure. Poor Bobby, wanting to find someone to be a friend with his own age.

Withdrawing from the Challenge program was understandable. It seems that I am saying that a lot.

The little flirting between Bobby and Courtney was great. Again Bobby was trying to protect his brother from messing up his realationship with Courtney. "You got me" -Courtney. That was great.

Bobby is so compassionate.

Grace: Standing up again for something. The women has to voice her mind every episode. I can't say that I mind because what she says makes sense. Now if only she could start making some more sense by what she does. Grace stands up for someone to learn that they are betraying her. That sucks. : I can't say that I'm not happy she fired that girl. I'm glad that she didn't report her as well. Some of Graces words were harsh but they will stick with that girl.

Marcus/Jack: Marcus had to mess up about telling Jack. I understand why he did that. Jack has been distancing himself. Jack needs to put some faith in his friends. It's been obvious that he loves track. Not to support them even though he can't race is kind of reasonable. Given that he would feel even worse about not being able to help with those races. However, he needs to get past his own feelings and see that they still need his support. I'm guessing that he was a big track leader. How about showing it a little bit?

I was happy of Marcus at least looking out for Jack by taping the scene to help him cover it up. I guess that he has experience in throwing parties at home.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian
Maybe just too 'teen' for me, who knows. The whole Jack/Courtney/Missy thing bothered me a lot too.
It did have a lot more teen issues in this episode. I didn't mind it though. From the preview for next week or the up coming weeks. I think that we will be seeing more of the teen aspect.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian
And the implausibility of what happened in the future debate.
I'd like to think that a person can have heart to do something like that. Granted, it is unlikely now but perhaps someday in the future.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

I thought it wasn't as good as the last two episodes but I still enjoyed it. I'm not sure if they're trying to portray Missy as kind of like a dumb blonde but I sure found her annoying.

I can't believe that the "cool kid" Bobby hung out with is the same kid from One Fine Day/Home Alone 3. He looks so different now.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelenbean
I'm not sure if they're trying to portray Missy as kind of like a dumb blonde but I sure found her annoying.
I don't think she was acting dumb. I think she was manipulative. Trying to play Jack. I'm not really she if I like her or not. She hasn't been around enough for me to form a real opinion about her.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelenbean
I can't believe that the "cool kid" Bobby hung out with is the same kid from One Fine Day/Home Alone 3. He looks so different now.
Wow! I didn't know that was him. He does look different. Just....wow..
Old 09-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

I'm sad to say that this was the worst episode so far for me, it just seemed to lack something, maybe it was the lack of bobby/jack scenes, they had so few moments together..though they were some good Courtney/Bobby interaction..
Old 09-27-2004, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was ok, It wasnt the greatest imo but it wasnt bad either.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

yeah i have to agree it wasnt as great as the last 2, but i must say that those ones where pretty much perfect. so this one wasnt as good, but it was still great.

and once again it made me cry, with the whole speach by Mira Sorvino's dad as former president at the end.

i think the reason that he froze on that question was cus he never really knew his dad or that culture so he didnt really know the answer.

and once again the flashforwards were so great and informative.

Missy should be killed, her voice could brake glass.

i loved how Bobby wanted to protect Courtny from seeing Jack with Missy. and now more and more i see how those 2 end up together.

i loved when Grace relized that Jack is an intelectual too and how he explaide to her why he wanted to fit in and not stand out. and the rolling a joint before he could ride a bike was too funny, but im sure its true.

i think im the only one but i like Grace. i loved her storyline this epi with her protecting that woman cus she was relating to her only to find out that she didnt want it as bad as she did.

and as i started each section I LOVE this show.
i hope they keep up the good work.

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 09-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked the episode, but I agree that it wasn't quite as good as the previous two.

My favorite scene was the one between Bobby & Courtney. I also liked Grace and Peter.

I hated Missy, and I didn't like Jack in this episode much at all.

~Kat
Old 09-27-2004, 02:55 AM
Extreme Fan

HI guys!

I agree that this was probably the weakest episode out of the three...I sort of found the future segments didn't quite gel with the present stuff as well. I mean, I was thrilled to see Paul Sorvino but still...

I felt bad that they had to make Missy kinda unlikable. I don't know why but I think of Lindsay from GG when I see her. I remember seeing Keri Lynn Pratt in Drive me Crazy and I much liked her in that...hopefully I can actually like her at some point cuz I feel bad that I dislike the character cuz I think Keri's cute.

I liked the scene between Jack and Marcus. In the last two episodes, Marcus hasn't been a big role in the present time though it's been great to see him talk in the future segments, but I loved how Marcus called Jack on his selfcentredness and how it's all about him in the track, while Marcus would be by his side at any time, even if he's not running.

But of course my favourite scenes were the ones between Bobby and Courtney. Just too cute...I think that a B/C scene should always be included in every episode. Logan and Jessica just connect as actors...I loved how Courtney reassured him and told him that she wasn't worried about him...and it was so adorable that she said in the meantime, while he's waiting for true friends, he has her...It's so nice to know that Courtney is his first real friend...

Cindy

Lex/Lana l Clark/Lois l Ryan/Summer l Ryan/Kirsten l Ephram/Amy l Bright/Delia l Bright/Hannah l Luke/Lorelai l Rory/Marty l Logan/Veronica l Charlie/Claire l Sawyer/Sun
Old 09-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

DIDN'T THE PILOT STATE THAT COURTNEY has a younger sister?

about the debate thing.....sometimes you wonder how did Bobby win the presidental thing..if he has so many secrets and things that can foul him up....

i wish i had taped the last two episodes......because someone mentioned on an last weeks episode that the future vice presidents are different. So i am wondering too....how this came about. i looked at last nights hoping against hope that we would get more information.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.