Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 AM
Banned

President McCallister

While, we know by now that Bobby will be the President. I think that with a show like this you need to really seperate from current Bobby and the future President. So, lets come to together and talk about what we know regarding President McCallister.

1. He was known as "the Great Believer"
2. He was a Republican but ran for President as an Independent. Though Republican he was very left leaning.
3. He saw some dark times during his term as President.
4. Almost lost the election because of the lie he told about his father.
5. He had a "history of service".
6. He may be dead in 2049. Everyone talks about him in past tense.
7. He was a "main of faith" Reverend.
8. May have had an affiar with the VP.
9. Very protective of his son. Due to how he knew the way the world was.
10. Played Chess with China and promoted peace to stop the new cold war.

Last edited by Subject; 11-17-2004 at 01:38 AM
Old 09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
New Fan

I think we know, or can deduce, a fair amount more than that.

1.) Though Republican he was very left leaning, as evidenced by the comments made by the Senator who ran against him. I suspect we'll see something soon about family values or some such thing.

2.) Again from the same comments by the Senator, he had a "history of service". Now that's a tough one to gauge, but I take it to mean that Bobby was in the military, probably the Air Force.

Look at it this way, compare the Senator's comments to Bobby's future wfe's. She speaks of a whirlwind to the top, probably one or two terms as governor and one or two terms in congress. That's not exactly a history of service. Further, it ties in to his absolute fixation with space. On top of that, it fits with the valueswe are seeing instilled in him by his family.

3.) Most importantly, Bobby seems to be dead in 2049. Everyone who speaks about him does so in the past tense. Now we can't be certain of this, but it sure appears that way.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbesian

3.) Most importantly, Bobby seems to be dead in 2049. Everyone who speaks about him does so in the past tense. Now we can't be certain of this, but it sure appears that way. [/B]
Wow, I never thought of that as being a possibility. If thats true it means both Jack and Bobby die at a fairly early age.

And can someone explain to me what the republicans used against Bobby in the presidential race? I wasn't too clear of that from the recent episode.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:39 AM
New Fan

Well, it appears as though they attacked him on everything because he was an old fashioned Republican (ie. not the modern neo-con). Essentially he wasn't right wing enough for the Republican Party as it's become in the last 20 years.

In particular, the only thing that was mentioned was a call in radio show where a Republican ambushed him about what he would do if he had "a family member with a drug problem". Clearly an indication that his mother won't stop smoking weed for some time.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~
Wow, I never thought of that as being a possibility. If thats true it means both Jack and Bobby die at a fairly early age.
I assumed that he was dead as well, since everybody speaks of him in the past tense. Also, it would seem that Jack dies very young, maybe in his twenties?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Banned

I can't believe I didn't come here after the last episode. We now know that he was a man of faith. It seems that with President McCallister anything is really possible. I wonder if he was an astronaut or pilot.
I thought that it was said he was something like that but it may have been just pure speculation on my part.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Banned

I've updated the first post. Let me know if I missed anything.

The issue of his deal to stop the new cold war with China was hitting hard the Presidency of JFK. hmm.... Also when are they going to pick up again on the possiblity of an affiar with the VP.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Magical*~
Maybe they have some sort of hereditary disease? I don't know; that seems kind of contrived and overused, and you would think someone would have mentioned it. Plus, I don't think Bobby would've had 6 children if it was genetic. So I hope it's something else.

I agree about the affair thing. They threw that at us out of nowhere and then never mentioned it again.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 01-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Banned

I mentioned on the episode discussion thread that the President may have learned a lot from Peter and that is why he made choices the way were have been told he did. Also was that the reason why Bobby choose to be a Republican? We all know Peter is a republican so I doubt that it has nothing to do with it. I just want to get everyone's thoughts on how you think Bobby's relationship with Peter relates to the future President McCallister.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

I figured I'd bump this, since we're learning more about Bobby's future self.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree - I think Peter has/had a huge impact on Bobby's becoming a Republican. He's a father-figure to Bobby, so I guess some of his ideas would rub off on Bobby.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Bobby practically worships the ground Peter walks on. Becoming a Republican because of him would make perfect sense.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Banned

It will be interesting to see how Jack dies and what motivation if any that caused for Bobby to head into the political front.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
It will be interesting to see how Jack dies and what motivation if any that caused for Bobby to head into the political front.
it will
Old 03-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Interesting thought! This might not be completely what you were thinking, but sometimes younger siblings have a tendency to kind "follow" older siblings - maybe Jack was kind of interested in politics and Bobby wanted to try it out or something like that...Or maybe Jack died from a specific event that perhaps wasn't enforced by the law enough? Maybe Bobby wanted to find a resolution to that? I don't know...just flying questions out of my head