Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2004, 03:51 PM
New Fan

Let's talk friendship

I know we all love to talk about the slashiness of Billy and Dominic, but I want to ask for your honest opinion here.

Looking at Billy and Dom, what to you makes their friendship so damn special?

Is it that they connect like two peas in a pod?

Is it that they get along so well, is it that they seem to have been meant to be together? Not like that, LOL, but together as friends?

Do you think that their friendship is such that even if they never met for LOTR, they would have met up someplace else?

Does their friendship seem destined to have happened?

Feel free to emote. I want your opinions.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Great thread topic, Gigi! This'll give us a break from all the slash.

I think that Billy and Dom's friendship is such a wonderful thing. It's so hard for you to establish a friendship where you click right away in your adult life. IMO, most of our deep friendships have been established in high school, and in college. It's so rare for you to find a friend that you get along with right away and have history together. Filming LOTR definitely helped a lot in establishing history between the two.

I'll make a more coherent post, when I'm not debugging this damn application. I'm (still!) at work.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Banned

Great topic, I meant to post before, but... I’ve been lazy with the Billy board soz Billy. So anywayz

Billy and Dom - I love these guys, getting away from the slash coz its just not going to happen In the dvds and on interviews what you get to seem of them is just so great! They make me laugh and their friendship is magical, i think its sad to think that they might have never have met, I don’t know what they would do without each other, they reflect well off on one another and share the same humour. I think they'll forever be friends and if they have an argument i think they won’t be able to stay mad for long because the other will just make them laugh, think their looking for another person to join their friendship?
Old 09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
New Fan

I agree

I remember in the commentary for TTT, when Billy was trying to make a point and Dom started eating an apple, I guess, Dom asked him if he was mad at him and Billy said he could never stay mad at him. I think that defined their friendship right there.

I think they really miss each other when they are apart because their friendship is so deep that it is like a part of yourself is missing when the other is not there.

If you look at the two of them together, they seem to naturally gravitate toward each other, it is like an unconscious thing and it has happened to me before. I had a male friend and it was like, we could be on oppoisite sides of a room, but within a few minutes we ended up right next to each other. I think this is how Billy and Dom is. The connection is so deep that it just pulls them together.

I think that their friendship was destined to have happened and they would have met up somewhere, because they were meant to be together. Again, not like that. LOL

And basically, they clicked as soon as they met, and it looked like they were friends already even though they just met. They think alike, sometimes they finish each others sentence and you can see the love they have for each other, so IF either of them gets married, I think the woman will have to be understanding because she will not be able to come between that friendship. Who would want to.

They are magic.