Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

The Billy and Dom Project Anticipation and Speculation Thread

We've all heard that Billy and Dom are whipping up a script for a film, and I think this would be a great place to speculate.

Here's the latest from BillyBoyd.net:

Billy,
What's happening with this film that you and Dom are trying to make? I've heard lots of rumours, what's the real deal?

Yours,
756 Billy Fans....

Quite a few people have been asking what is happening with the script Dom and I are working on? Well here is the story so far…….from the beginning!

We came up with the idea of doing a film together while sitting up a mechanical tree, for anyone who has not seen LOTR and the Two Towers in particular this may seem a bit strange, but stick with me. Dom and I were already very close by this time but the friendship was escalated by the trauma of the 15-hour days sitting on bicycle saddle at 18 feet.

So a lot of ideas came together in this time and slowly became the outline for a script which was polished somewhat by improvising scenes onto a Dictaphone while driving to LA from Mexico while I was making Master and Commander.

Now because we had been working on different projects in different countries since LOTR finished we were finding more and more difficult to get together to work on the script, but with the draft we had, and outlines of some other ideas we did get a producer involved at this point and all agreed it could be a good time to get a writer on board.

Now I was working on a play called San Diego by David Greig and suggested David, so Dom came to Edinburgh, along with assorted other Lord of the Ringers, stretching from the King of Gondor to Stunt men and the odd Hobbit or two, watched the play then we all got together to discuss the film.

Dom got on very well with David and could see his ideas were very similar to ours. I think this was a great time to get David involved as Dom and I because of other commitments had started to slow down with the script and this new input of ideas from David was just what we needed, and anyone who knows David’s work will know how exciting and interesting it is.

So the story took some new directions, which got us all fired up and excited again on the project.

So as it stands at the moment….

David has just come back from LA where he was working with Dom and we have just had a meeting together and it looks like a first draft of the new script is imminent. It does seem like it is taking a long time, I know, but we are all adamant that we want it to be as good as possible and we are not willing to do something second rate.

This philosophy seems to be working out as some of the directions and ideas the story has taken lately are the most interesting we have all come up with.

So sorry if there is anyone out there who wants to see this film, but hopefully when we actually get round to doing it the wait will be worthwhile.

Billy X

I have a strong feeling that this would be a comedy, because it is Dom and Billy's strong point. The fact that they improvised scenes together on a Dictaphone strengthens my belief, because whenever those two are together, laughter always ensues.

So what do you guys think?

Links and rumors are very welcome.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

"Dom got on very well with David..."

Mmmmmhmm! Dirty. Haha.

Aw, well, I think this would be fantastic! I would love to see what those two could think up together, considering their chemistry is amazing and they're just too funny together! I love the fact that so many of the LOTR cast are still very close, even though filming has wrapped and the premieres and such have, as well.

I'd love to see what Billy and Dom conjured up together!

It's almost like a baby! LOL.

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Old 09-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Master Fan

Leave it up to MA to find the dirty. Actually, leave it to any of us on this board. Hee.

Augh! I should've named the thread Billy and Dom's Baby! That was a great simile MA.

I'm glad, too, that the LOTR people (not just the actors) keep in touch. I think it was just magic, what happened in New Zealand. As I read The Making of the Trilogy, I really wished that I was a part of it.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Paolo
Leave it up to MA to find the dirty. Actually, leave it to any of us on this board. Hee.

Augh! I should've named the thread Billy and Dom's Baby! That was a great simile MA.

I'm glad, too, that the LOTR people (not just the actors) keep in touch. I think it was just magic, what happened in New Zealand. As I read The Making of the Trilogy, I really wished that I was a part of it.
Heh, of course. I've got that dirty mind, like everyone else on this board.

And, that's okay. If you become mod, you can just fix the title.

And I know! I've read so much about it, and I can only imagine what kind of experience that would've been. I had sent my headshot/resume into Harry Potter, remember? But, nothing. I think it's cause I'm American (JK Rowling was very adamant about getting All-British cast members) and I don't have a casting agency. They're too expensive. Oh well. I would've loved to have been a part of something like that.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

:tongue:

It would be nice to be a part of something big.

You know, I think fangirl power alone could garner this project a worldwide release. Or at the very least, cult status.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I thought this project wasnt happening anymore because nothing had been said. But Im so glad that this film is going to actually happen.

Do you think that Billy and Dom will actually star in the film?

Old 09-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Paolo
:tongue:

It would be nice to be a part of something big.

You know, I think fangirl power alone could garner this project a worldwide release. Or at the very least, cult status.
Cult status. Definitely! Teehee.

And, on the note of being a part of something like that, I was watching Bend It Like Beckham yesterday (which I highly recommend for those of you who haven't seen it yet) and they all looked like they were having so much fun. It would be such an amazing thing to make life-long friends with people you've done films with. *sigh* Anyway...

Quote:
Originally posted by girl with no name
Do you think that Billy and Dom will actually star in the film?
That'd be awesome. But, who knows? Since they've written the script, maybe they want to see how someone else can handle their crazy humor.

Old 09-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Or maybe they may be like some of those ppl who want to try to do it all. write, direct, produce, and act in it. busy busy
Old 09-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Master Fan

Maybe. But I wonder how someone else would handle the Monaboyd humor.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswell Candy
Or maybe they may be like some of those ppl who want to try to do it all. write, direct, produce, and act in it. busy busy
Are you guys familiar with Christopher Guest? He directed Best in Show, Waiting for Guffman, and A Mighty Wind. He writes (well, "writes", since the scenes in his movies are mostly improvised), directs and stars in them with his ensemble. Really funny stuff. I really wish some of the LOTR ensemble would do another movie together.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Man, it'd be awesome if they all compiled some sort of a script and they all were in it, Pete Jackson included!

Old 09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
Absolute Fan

i'd be the first in line to buy that one! hehe. they did have that short movie on the lotr dvd. the two towers i think. the long and short of it.... but ehh lol
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswell Candy
i'd be the first in line to buy that one! hehe. they did have that short movie on the lotr dvd. the two towers i think. the long and short of it.... but ehh lol
That short film just shows how willing and bonded the LOTR actors and crew are. They showed up on a day-off to work on it without pay. I haven't seen it, but I don't know. It seems kind of meh.

You know what would be awesome for the Billy and Dom Project? Cameos. Lots of LOTR cast cameos.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

LOTR cast cameo's would be so brilliant. I think it would get everyone close again. Plus we know that they could handle Billy and Dom's humour.

I think the short film was a good idea for a great way to end everyones LOTR experience over in NZ.

Old 09-04-2004, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

I thought the little film was cute. Sean Astin's idea. I mean, LOTR was much better, of course, but, yeah. It was cute.

Pete Jackson was the bus driver