Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Master Fan

Instant Credit Thread

Billy Boyd plays Frankie. Billy's real life girlfriend, Ali, plays Gail, Frankie's love interest.

More info to follow.

You can download a preview HERE!!!

It's really tough to understand the dialogue, though. Apparently, Billy was slowing it a bit during interviews. Tremble at the full force of the Scottish accent!

Kara, please, please, please transcribe. Please? At least some bits.

From BillyBoyd.net:

Billy plays the part of Frankie, a chef who is having a really bad day.

But it's about to get a whole lot better...

Other cast members are:

Alan McCafferty as Justin
Ali McKinnon as Gail
Simon Weir as Jeff
Gabe Quigley as Justin's girlfriend
Sanjeev Kohli (Navid from 'Still Game') who cameos as a very funny taxi driver
Sandy Nelson as Alec and James Young as Nick, Frankie's workmates who just spend all day taking the piss out of him.

The director, Michael Hines, is best known for his work on 'Still Game' and 'Chewing the Fat'.

Filmed in Paris and Glasgow, 'Instant Credit' is set to premiere at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in August then shown on television in Scotland.

The producers, Carol McGregor and Janice Cutting, are currently at the Cannes Film Festival working on global distribution deals.

Last edited by Paolo; 08-27-2004 at 07:48 AM
Old 08-27-2004, 02:38 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm currently downloading it. *waits impatiently*
Old 08-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The producers, Carol McGregor and Janice Cutting, are currently at the Cannes Film Festival working on global distribution deals.
Or at least a global DVD release.

*crosses fingers*
Old 08-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Banned

OMG!!!!! Billy and Still game ppl/ Chewin the fat ppl! This is just like pure genuis! LIke OMG! Shown on scottish tv - bet you all wish you were scottish now, huh?

Transcribe erm.. if i forget any bits let me know and i'll do it no bother.

Okay *ahem* Still game and Chewin the fat are Scottish comedy sketch shows. They speak in scottish slang and make fun of scottish slang basically, prob only funny to us, But it is great!

So basically i think its going to be a funny film, loved this guys work on the shows and lots of ppl do, but then it may just be scottish humour thing... anyway its going to be great! wonder when its going to be on tv
Old 08-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Kara! I'm glad Billy's working with great people!

So Still Game and Chewing the Fat are like the MadTV and Saturday Night Live of Scotland.

Now if I could only understand what they're saying in the clip. All I can make out is 'girlfriend' and 'Gail'. I have to play that clip over and over.

This is great! I thought my ear was keen when it comes to accents, but trying to understand this will sharpen my ears more.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Absolute Fan

ugh it wouldn't let me play the clip last night. my comp must be ancient or something haha. it was saying my real player was too out of date to play the clip so i was like ok update it and then it said it couldn't connect with the real player network
Old 08-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Danielle, that sucks! Try downloading Real One Player. The free version. Well, maybe you can just download the .avi clip, and leave it when you go to bed.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Absolute Fan

i may try this i've been yelling that i need a new computer! cause nothing works on it anymore... besides ff guess i should just sit down and shut up
Old 08-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ooh, Just downloaded the clip, Billy is looking very delicious and did anyone notice his large muscles? I had a tough time trying to decifer what he was saying though. If it does come out, I'm sure my dad will understand, he grew up in the U.K. for 8 years. I have family in England and I feel bad because everytime I talk to them, I have to say " pardon me" at least 5 times. I coudn't even understand what anyone was saying in the movie Snatch
Old 08-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

*goes to download*

Thanks, Pao! *whapoke*

icon credit: spikesbint on LJ
Old 08-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Banned

i'll download just now and try and help out
Old 08-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned

*ahem* okay here goes

Basically they say she’s looking pretty fine, they wouldn’t kick her out of bed if she farted and Billy says don’t speak about Gail like that and their like who’s Gail and he says my girlfriend. Then they go good for you basically in a mocking way. Then the other says he was out driving around the town way his girlfriend Naomi Cambell and he said to her what do you like about me and she said its because she smells of chip fat, she loves that smell and could eat every bit of him and then the other go yes every bit except his gherkin meaning his *ahem* So their just basically saying why would she be interest in him.

Kara x x
Old 08-28-2004, 12:41 PM
New Fan

Hmmmmm

Billy looks so delicious in that shirt, and yes his arms look really big there. I guess this is what Dom meant that he had quite big arms for such a little man. LOL

I saw it and downloaded it on windows media, and it was nice. I guess you are right, he definitely slowed down his words for us, because I could barely understand most of it. It will come to me as I watch it over and over again and again. LOL
Old 08-28-2004, 09:37 PM
Master Fan

Victoria, Gigi, yep. His arms looked real nice in that tight shirt. I think he's got a good torso, because of all the martial arts he's been doing.

MA, you're welcome. *poke*

Kara, thanks for transcribing. At least I figured out the bit where they're mocking him, but I couldn't understand what they were saying before. You know, for some reason, I knew what gherkin meant. Hm, must be from something I watched.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Absolute Fan

i think we all know what gherkin means i guess we watch too much tv.... umm yeah...