Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Billy's Acting - What Have You Observed?

I got this from the Orlando Bloom board, and I think it's a great way of discussing Billy's acting. You can either be general or specific in your description of Billy's performance in a scene.

For starters, in ROTK, when Faramir saw Pippin for the first time, signifying that Pippin's not the only Halfling he's encountered recently, I love how Billy managed to change his expression from wondering to surprise, to realization, and then joy. All of those emotions are contained in that gradual lighting up of his face, eyes opened real wide.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Well, one thing, is that since the first movie that I saw Billy in and actually noticed him was LotR so when I saw Master and Commander I was all like "Why is there a hobbit on this ship..." He looks hobbity now no matter what and that's kind of annoying to me that I think like that, you know?

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 07-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

I totally get what you mean. As much as I want to not to associate him with being a Hobbit, I really can't help it. It was a very memorable performance.

I think he should take Elijah's example. He's done Eternal Sunshine and now doing Everything Is Illuminated. He plays very unique, un-Hobbit-y (Oi, my grammar teacher is probably going to hunt me down) characters.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, I agree. And maybe that's the reason he's doing Seed of Chucky (or whatever it's called... Spawn of Chucky? )

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 08-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Maybe. I think he chooses parts separately, if you know what I mean. I don't think he picks roles saying, "Oh, this will distinguish me from being a hobbit." I think that to him, acting is really something that's just fun, and nothing else really matters.
And I don't want to leave.

...cause I know that without you,
I'm giving it away.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Insatiably Me
Maybe. I think he chooses parts separately, if you know what I mean. I don't think he picks roles saying, "Oh, this will distinguish me from being a hobbit." I think that to him, acting is really something that's just fun, and nothing else really matters.
You have a point. After LOTR, Billy still chose to live in Glasgow, and work on a film there. I think he does choose roles, because he thinks they're fun, and not really minding if it would further his career or not.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Banned

His accent, is it just me or cant he seem to shake it off, i'm sure no one is complaining about that fact, but i was just skipping through and seen this thread and it made me think, i dont know if its because hes from somewhere like Scotland and they we do have a strong accent.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think his accent is cute. Why should he shake it off?

-Audrey Hepburn