Old 02-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to Milo's 'Gramercy Park' TV Series Appreciation Thread

Series Description
1 hour TV series Pilot
ensemble drama
Scheduled for the 2004-2005 season
Network- ABC
Produced by Warner Bros. and the team of Eric and Kim Tannenbaum Co. and filmed at the WB lot in Burbank
Description- This drama centers on three nannies and the families they work for in a tony New York building in the Gramercy Park neighbourhood.

Facts:
The real Gramercy Park is the only remaining private park in New York City and is accessible to residents in the buildings surrounding it's garden.
Photos of the Gramercy Park can be found here.
Photos of the Gramercy Park buildings can be found here.

CAST
~~~~~
Milo Ventimiglia- plays Billy Hammond Jr., the in-and-out-of-rehab son of his estranged father William Hammond Sr., a well-known heart surgeon. Billy and his girlfriend, Lisa, have an infant son named William Hammond III.
Robin Thomas- plays Billy's father, William Hammond Sr.
Gina Torres- plays Billy's stepmother Julia.
Izabella Miko- plays Jane, the nanny working for the Hammond family and an aspiring actress.

Samaire Armstrong- plays Katja, a struggling actress who winds up working as a nanny for a director and his wife.
Paul Blackthorne- plays Jack, a Broadway director.
Elizabeth Mitchell- plays Jack's wife Taylor Elliot, an actress who resents having to give up her career for motherhood.

Camille Guaty- plays Maddy, a nanny.
Travis Schuldt- plays Nick, a twentysomething heir uncomfortable with his wealth.
Max Martini- plays Michael Warner
Megan Dodds-

NOTE- this is only a pilot for ABC. We will have to wait to see if ABC picks it up for it's Fall schedule.

Gramercy Park Spoilers

~ The pilot will begin filming March 16th.
~ It wont be determined if the pilot is picked up for next season until ABC announces it's fall lineup.
~ As of now, Milo will get third billing!
~ Milo plays Billy Hammond Jr. who is 20 years old.

-Milo's Character's storylines:
~ His character is compared to Robert Downey Jr.'s character in "Less than Zero."
~ He is described as a disappointment to his father.
~ He's got a lot of charm but no motivation.
~ He's been in and out of rehab, but is currently sober for 13 months.
~ He's wearing Gucci sunglasses throughout most of the scenes.
~ He's been living in Colorado doing community service. He was involved in a car accident that injured four people. I think he even spent time in jail, because he was DUI.

~ He comes home unexpectedly. It seems like he has a decent relationship with Julia, who I think is his stepmother. Billy and his father look a lot alike, but they do not get along.

He tells Julia and his father, Will, that he got a girl pregnant. His father gives him a check so that the girlfriend, Lisa, can have an abortion. Billy says that he and Lisa want to get married, but his father rejects that idea. Billy says that it's not up to his dad. Will belittles Lisa by saying that she's probably an exotic dancer or a cocktail waitress. Father and son angrily discuss the girl and Billy's failures in life. Will makes a statement that implies that Billy dropped out of Yale.
~ Billy refuses the money for the abortion. His father thinks it's because Lisa is Catholic, but Julia figures out the situation. Billy laughs at his father's pointless gesture. Billy's son, William Trevor Hammond III, is already almost four months old. Will wants to make sure that the baby is Billy's child.

~ Lisa is only in the pilot, even though she and Billy are engaged (she has a ring).

~ In another scene that is difficult to understand, Billy helps Jane to get a job as a nanny at his father's home. He and Jane seem friendly. Milo has many scenes with her.
~ Billy "likes" Jane. There is a scene where she finds his address book and they lock eyes. The script just says, "She is hot."

~ Julia- Will's wife and Billy's step-mother. Her character seems strong but sympathetic. (reminds me of Kirsten from The O.C.) She met Will, her husband, at the hospital. Will is a heart surgeon and Julia was his surgical nurse.

There is a good scene between Julia and Lisa, Billy's girlfriend. The baby is also with them. Julia kindly explains to Lisa about Billy's past and about his rocky relationship with his dad. Lisa seems scared and disappointed. She thought that Billy had his own apartment in NY and that their little "family" would do really well there. Julia is not bashing Billy; she merely just explains the reality of the situation. Will gives Billy a monthly allowance, and he has bailed his son out of some problematic situations. Julia says that Billy doesn't even own his own car. Julia also tells Lisa that Will will cut off the money if Billy marries Lisa.

Another good scene involves Julia and her 10 year-old step-daughter, Jessie. Jessie hates Julia and resents having to spend time with her at her dad's. There is no love lost between Julia and Will's ex-wife/ Jessie's mother. Julia tries to be nice to Jessie, but Jess is a brat. Julia wants to take Jessie for riding lessons, but Jessie makes a smart remark about how Julia is trying to kill her. (The ex-wife has planted this idea in the girl's mind.)

Will evidently comes around to the idea of having Billy and the baby at the house. Julia is already mothering the baby. Will gives the baby a silver spoon from Tiffany's. He makes a comment about how sometimes you don't agree with your partner, but that's why you have a partner.
I interpret this scene to mean that Julia tried to convince him to help out Billy and the baby, and he finally consented.

-Other Characters' storylines:
~ Jonathan and Katja are a couple.
~ Nick is attracted to Maddy.
~ Katja is the nanny or au pair for the director and his wife. The director seems to be a nice character, but the wife, an actor who is not too happy to give up her career for motherhood, is a bit of a shrew.
~ Maddy is the nanny of a couple where the husband gets his wealth and power from the wife. He is having an affair and the wife is a very unhappy person. They have a son and I think the woman may be pregnant too.
~ Nick and Maddy have scenes together. She doesn't know he is wealthy because she sees him walking his grandmother's dogs and thinks he is an employee.

Last edited by Kelly_mv; 02-23-2005 at 12:17 AM
Kelly_mv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] OM-freakin'-G [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] Tell me I'm not dreaming. That is SO awesome. Looks like he'll be playing another troubled soul but he's so good at that. And I can't wait to see him playing a dad...

I'm kinda bummed that it's a midseason show though... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Has it been picked up by ABC for sure? Or do we have to wait for word on the selection process and see if it'll air at all?

It's still GREAT news! Thanks Kelly. You all-knowing-person-of-all things-Milo you [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]... I don't know how you do it but it's very much appreciated... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edited to add:

Wait... I think I read the info wrong... does it mean that the show will be airing midseason... like this season? Is that why he couldn't do that indie movie he was supposed to? I'm confused. KELLY!!!! HELP!!!!!!!

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited darcybennett ]
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yay! So he will be in a new show!!
Isn't it funny that soe of you were just sayin that it would be cool to see him playing a dad?
Anyway, he's playing another troubled character, and apparently this character will be closer to Milo's age, which is great for him =)

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited niniepous ]
Old 02-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Great news for Milo. He's so talented and deserves another show. I hope this one is good and works out for him.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:52 AM
New Fan

OMG!! im freakin out that is SO awsome!! thanxs so much kel, you always seem to have the inside scoop of what milo is doing..great great news!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

That's fantastic news! Congratulations Milo! He truly deserves this. I just hope our latin channels decide to air it. *crosses fingers*

And the character suits Milo's acting skills perfectly. Moreover, we're going to see him testing new waters (as a father!!!). I can't wait to see him portray that. Finally, a role that is closer to his real age. I'm so happy for him! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited barelylegal ]
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

i hope they air this show, i had read about it before because brittany daniel was going to be in it, and i wondered what had happened to it. does it mean mid season for now or mid season next yr?

"I'll be true, I'll be useful, I'll be cavalier, I'll be yours my dear, I'll belong to you if you just let me through."
Sarah R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

that´s great!!!!!! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 12:39 PM
Passionate Fan

That's awesome for Milo.

He has a son and everything? Huh... Looks like he got what he wanted (no more teenager).

I'm assuming they're filming the six episodes and then they'll see how it'll go? He's a regular too?

.... Tell me to shut up, but the thought has crossed my mind:
As
-a regular on a TV show
-now probably having to move (I'm assumed it's not filmed in L.A.. I believe the original Gramercy Park was filmed in Toronto)

...it makes GG guest appearances in the future very diffucult.

Tell me to shut up.

I'm happy for him.
BrownEyedGirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Passionate Fan

This looks really cool. All those people that said they wanted Milo to play a dad got their wish! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It looks like a more grown up role for him as well which should be good.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AvidTVfan:
<STRONG>... Tell me to shut up, but the thought has crossed my mind:
As
-a regular on a TV show
-now probably having to move (I'm assumed it's not filmed in L.A.. I believe the original Gramercy Park was filmed in Toronto)</STRONG>
Actually I think it will be filmed in L.A. at the Warner Bros. TV studio... as stated
HERE when you scroll down to ABC dramas... besides all of the actors cast are L.A. based...

According to Tv Tome, the re-vamped 'Gramercy Park' will air in September 2004... click HERE

Looks like the original version of the show was the one that had a six-episode midseason order... again found HERE

So I don't know what's what... Kelly, can you clear things up for us?
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:54 PM
New Fan

I'm so excited!! I'm definitely going to watch his new show. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] This is so freakin' awesome. Yes, that sounds mature, but I'm really excited for Milo, finally a more mature role, and he definately deserves it. Let's hope it gets pushed up to September instead of midseason. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

Chelsea [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]
*~*Sparkle*~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's so fantastic! I'm gonna download all episodes from Kazaa or LimeWire, 'cause I'm sure that noone is gonna air it here [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Anyway, Milo deserves next show, show where he's not gonna play a teenager. On one thread, someone said that Milo should be playing a father. So it's kind like a dream come true.
Annush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Oops. Double post.

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited *_Sparkle_* ]
*~*Sparkle*~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread