Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Banner by the brilliant Rea and hosted by Mija

Welcome to the Milo Ventimiglia TV Commercials and Promos Appreciation Thread
Here you can discuss all of his TV Commercial work.

Milo's TV Commercial Credits:

Mountain Dew~ Do the Dew! campaign
You can download the commercial here
title: 'Bad Cheetah'
role: Mountain biker
Released: Sunday, January 30, 2000
Description: The 60-second spot begins with a mountain bicyclist racing after a cheetah across an African desert. As the biker closes in on the cheetah, he launches off his bike, and tackles the cheetah to the ground. He gets up, approaches the cheetah, and reaches deep, down into the cheetah's mouth to retrieve his Mountain Dew- now empty. He looks down and says "Bad Cheetah". The commercial closes with the cheetah's spots forming the words 'Do the Dew'.

Facts:
  • First aired during the '2000 Super Bowl XXXIV
  • Pepsi.co paid ABC 4.4 million to air the ad during the Super Bowl
  • Filmed partly in Kenya's Shaba Reserve where they filmed Survivor 3
  • Cost an estimated 2 million dollars to make
  • Directed by Kinka Usher (Mystery Men, 1999) who won the directors guild of America's 'commercial director of the year award' in 1998
  • Information on the making of this commercial can be found here and here

Apple ibook
You can download it here
title: 'Middle Seat'
role:Mr.Shaeffer
Released May 14, 2001
Description: A college-age man selects the middle seat of an airplane so he can set up his ibook portable computer. The adults in the aisle and window seats are first annoyed but are quickly amazed at how easy it is for him to create an iMovie tribute to his girlfriend and her dog.
Facts:
PT Cruiser~ Drive=Love Campaign
You can download it here
title: 'Boy Meets Girl'
role: Boyfriend
Released September 10, 2001
Description: This 30-second spot centers around an attractive couple in a Chrysler PT Cruiser. They arrive at her place and embrace at the front door, but the young woman really has her eye on the vehicle. She lifts the keys from her date's pocket and drives off in the PT Cruiser.
Facts:
  • Premiered during Monday Night Football
  • Co-starred super model Alice Dodd
  • The song in the commercial is called 'L-O-V-E' by Kathy Fisher and can be found on her CD HERE
  • 2 new versions of the commercial were created for Chrysler's "Heartlight" Valentine's Day campaign. Through February 13, 2002, 'Boy Meets Girl' ended with a heart covering everything accept the girl's mouth, which has a rosy hue. White lettering reminded viewers to "Send e-valentines from Chrysler.com ." On February 14, the message changed to, "Happy Valentine's Day."

Estee Lauder perfume~ Forever Elizabeth
role: Movie Viewer
Released in 2002
Description: Filmed in black & white, the commercial takes place in a darkened theatre filled with people watching one of Taylor's older films. Taylor herself stands at the back, unnoticed by everyone as she watches too. Shots go back and forth from the film to close-ups of the people watching in awe. As a man in the film (Montgomery Clift) kisses Taylor, a voiceover says "Inspired by love- Forever Elizabeth".
Facts:
  • Milo made this commercial because he got to work with the late famed director Herb Ritts, who was considered one of the leading photographers and commercial directors in the world.
  • He actually never met Elizabeth Taylor when he filmed this.
  • The movie being shown in the commercial is A Place in the Sun (1951)

YM Magazine
Released in 2002
To promote Milo being on the cover of YM magazine

VerbNow.com
3 commercials
Released in November, 2002
A number of WB stars participated in these commercials to help get kids more active.
Video Links : (italian site by Castagna)
Verb#1
Verb#2
Verb#3

T-Mobile
title: Trapped
role: Prisoner
Released in November, 2003
Description: Outside in a prison yard, people are dragging huge, metal phone numbers chained to their feet. A voiceover says "feeling trapped because you're attached to your wireless number?" Suddenly, one prisoner picks up his phone number and throws it over the wall. As it goes over- it drags him with it. He lands safely on the other side where there's a pool party and a new T-mobile phone. A voiceover then says "Take your number to a better place."
Facts:
  • It was filmed in Seattle
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Promos

Milo has also made a number of WB shots (bumpers) and promos while he starred on Gilmore Girls such as the WB Watch The Frog Campaign Small (or Large) and The WB 2002 Image Campaign and The WB 2003 Image Campaign (thanks to Lucia)

The WB released its official 2005 Image Campaign which contains some scenes from The Bedford Diaries. It's available here at theWB.com

Random Rants
(thanks to Lucia)
#1 - Milo talks briefly about what the audience can expect regarding his character Jess at the beginning of season 3. Random Rant - 2002/2003
You can read transcripts of his first two Rants he gave, dating from 2002/2003, HERE
#2 - Milo speaking about how the fans/audience should be able to make the distinction between an actor and the character he/she plays. Random Rant - 2003/2004
You can read the transcript of that, HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milo as Director

2003- Milo has directed 24 promos or 'bumpers' for the WB Images campaign in August, 2003 that aired at the beginning during that fall WB season. Some of the WB stars he directed included David Boreanaz, Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Jamie Kennedy, James Marsters, Rose McGowan, Allison Mack, Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Beverly Mitchell, and Reba McIntyre.

2004- As in the previous year, Milo again directed the new promos for the 2004 fall WB season in July, 2004. Among the many actors that he directed were Lauren Graham, Scott Patterson, and Alexis Bledel from Gilmore Girls, many of the actors from One Tree Hill, The Mountain, 7th Heaven, a couple of actors from Jack & Bobby, as well as Steve Harvey and Drew Carey.

Last edited by Kelly_mv; 06-01-2005 at 05:21 PM
Old 02-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kelly, thanks for all that info!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Kelly!!!
".....and because your my brother."- Nathan to Lucas (OTH)
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks for all the info =)

Quote:
Milo as Director
~~~~~~~~~~~
Milo also directed 24 shots or 'bumpers' for the WB Images campaign in August, 2003 that aired at the beginning during that fall WB season. Some of the WB stars he directed included David Boreanaz, Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Jamie Kennedy, James Marsters, Rose McGowan, Allison Mack, Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Beverly Mitchell, and Reba McIntyre.
is it the 90 seconds 2003 image campaign? I'm really curious to know which one it is, 'cause if it's this one then kudos to him, it's by far the most beautiful wb promo!

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited niniepous ]

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited niniepous ]
Old 02-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Absolute Fan

thankx Kelly for the Info [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Awww You gusy get so much Milo stuff, We don't get it all to much where i'm from in australia, plus I have to many loyalties to my no girly magazine ways, so i have to get people to buy it for me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I am the Pupper Master!
Old 02-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Is there anywhere I can d/l clips of Milo's recent appearance on GG? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Elite Fan

niniepous- they're the ones with all the golden lights around them- you can still see some of them being played during episodes.

Quote:
Originally posted by funktified:
<STRONG>Is there anywhere I can d/l clips of Milo's recent appearance on GG? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You can ask Marissa (AvidTVfan). She has a scene that you can download on Yahoo. You can PM her HERE.

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited Kelly_mvpics ]
Old 02-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics:
[QB]niniepous- they're the ones with all the golden lights around them- you can still see some of them being played during episodes.
ok thanks =)
I like those shots, it creates a special atmosphere around the actors, it's nice
Old 03-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

What's your favorite Milo Commercial or Promo?
Old 03-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Hmmm...that's hard to say. I think the PT Cruiser commerical is humorous and Milo's facial expressions are great in it, but I also like how innocent he looks in the Elizabeth Taylor commerical, awww. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Chelseas [img]smilies/bubble.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

My favourite is the Mountain Dew one. I can watch it over and over again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And what's yours, Kelly?
Old 03-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I still haven't seen the T-Mobile commercial. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] If anyone finds a download of his T-mobile commercial- please post the link here! Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My favorite is probably his PT Cruiser commercial. I just love the way it's shot in the blue tones.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I have only seen screencaps from PT Cruiser commercial, but I really liked them. Blue+Milo rock [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wish I could download it from somewhere in .wmv format, but it's nowhere.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread