Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2003, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Everwood Unconventional Couples Thread #2

Welcome to the second thread for discussing Everwoods many Unconventional couples and all the slashy subtext. Everyone is welcome, all we ask is that you keep an open mind.

Here's a list of Unconventional Couples:

Andy/Jacob Hoffman
Andy/Dr. Brian
Andy/Nina
Andy/Harold
Andy/Rev. Tom Keyes
Bright/Colin- Off-Roaders
Bright/Deliah
Bright/Ephram- Moonlighters
Bright/Wendell
Bright/Harold
Bright/Laynie
Colin/Ephram- Fish out of Water
Colin/Wendell
Colin/Laynie
Colin/Dr. Brown
Colin/Nina
Eprham/Wendell
Ephram/Matthew
Ephram/Nina
Eprham/Katherine Adams- No Doubts?
Ephram/Laynie- Frosty Frenchers
Ephram/Kayla
Ephram/Delia
Ephram/Kate
Amy/Laynie
Amy/Kayla
Amy/Paige
Amy/Bright
Amy/Delia
Edna/Nonie
Wendell/Kayla- B.O.er's
Bright/Colin/Ephram
Colin/Amy/Ephram
Amy/Ephram/Laynie
Harold/Andy/Rev. Tom Keyes
Bright/Amy/Colin- Roadtrippers?

Let me know if I missed any, I'm sure I did, and I'll add them.

Also let me know if you like or dislike any of the ship names with ?'s next to them. They are just random ideas. I just thought of a bunch more UC pairings posting the list....so let me know what else you'd like to see.

Enjoy,
Aimee

[ 06-24-2003: Message edited JeepGal ]

[ 06-27-2003: Message edited JeepGal ]

[ 07-10-2003: Message edited JeepGal ]

[ 08-10-2003: Message edited JeepGal ]
Old 06-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] New thread!

We bleed, we bleed, we bleed,
Audio blood.
Pop-Punk Culture Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Andy/Julia's dad.

So. Ew. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But tha's just me.

Also, question. How did the Bright/Ephram pairing get the name Moonlighters? It's soooo romantic. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
orion_d13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 06:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VenturingDreamer:
<STRONG>Andy/Julia's dad.

So. Ew. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But tha's just me.

Also, question. How did the Bright/Ephram pairing get the name Moonlighters? It's soooo romantic. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Bright/Ephram as the moonlighters is from the episode "Turf Wars". It's from the scene about the father/son fishing contest. During the banter between Ephram and Bright, Ephram says he didn't know Bright moonlighted as a condom. (Beacause Bright is wearing those rubber pants, waders)

And just because you don't see the slashy subtext and sexual tension between two characters doesn't mean that someone else doesn't. Please refrain from "ew"ing couples that you don't happen to like.

Thanks,
Aimee
Old 06-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Squeaky new thread! I love it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's looking at your broken hand, figuring out how it was before.

It's you, and nobody else.
Ditey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 08:13 PM
New Fan

Pretty, pretty new thread! I have to confess, I wasn't sure we'd make it. How's everyone dealing with the lack of new episodes? I've been OD-ing on fanfiction -some great stuff has been cropping up lately. Love me some Fishiefic. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So Bright/Ephram is totally growing on me... Bright is just too cute to ignore. So in the event of Colin's death, I'm preparing myself for a switch to Moonlighterdom. But I've still got my fingers crossed for Colin to pull through. Are most people around here dedicated to a particular couple, or just into the slash/UC thing in general? Cause I haven't been able to make up my mind and I have a feeling my fictional Ephram may be cheating on Colin with Bright sometime soon. *Sigh* - how many more weeks 'till the season premiere?

Love,
Juliet

[ 06-24-2003: Message edited JulietMockingbird ]
Old 06-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JulietMockingbird:
[QB]So Bright/Ephram is totally growing on me... Bright is just too cute to ignore. So in the event of Colin's death, I'm preparing myself for a switch to Moonlighterdom. But I've still got my fingers crossed for Colin to pull through. Are most people around here dedicated to a particular couple, or just into the slash/UC thing in general? Cause I haven't been able to make up my mind and I have a feeling my fictional Ephram may be cheating on Colin with Bright sometime soon. *Sigh* - how many more weeks 'till the season premiere?
[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Juliet!

Personally, now I'm Bright/Colin/Ephram. That way, I can have my wonderful Fishiness but if Colin kicks the bucket, Ephram and Bright will still have each other. *nods*

Audio blood.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I ship Amy/Laynie, and sometimes Bright/Ephram
Mynois16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Atomic Sparkles- Welcome! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] New faces are always nice.

This is just a quick stop in to say hi. Glad you all like the new thread. It's way too hot to stay up here on the 2nd floor for too long. Suddenly summer hit us here in NH and it's hit hard. I may have to take refuge in my nice cold basement room.

Ooh and I'm excited the rerun that runs the night I get cable back is one of my favorites, Til Death Do Us Part.

There's just something about Dr. Brown in that episode it breaks my heart.

Aimee
Old 06-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepGal:
<STRONG>There's just something about Dr. Brown in that episode it breaks my heart.
</STRONG>
Even though it is canon ... I agree. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Audio blood.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepGal:
Bright/Ephram as the moonlighters is from the episode "Turf Wars". It's from the scene about the father/son fishing contest. During the banter between Ephram and Bright, Ephram says he didn't know Bright moonlighted as a condom. (Beacause Bright is wearing those rubber pants, waders)
Oh, okay. All clear now, thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
And just because you don't see the slashy subtext and sexual tension between two characters doesn't mean that someone else doesn't. Please refrain from "ew"ing couples that you don't happen to like.
Thanks,
Aimee
Hee. Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone. My post kinda came out of nowhere, but I was going down the list and saw the pairing, and my first gut reaction was, Ew. So I posted. ::

It's my opinion, however, and if I offend anyone with it, they should respect it as I would respect their opinions.

My "ew" is in no way taking anything away from those people who like them, as they can express their opinions, yet, you ask me to refrain from expressing mine? If I want to post an "Ew" to a UC couple, I will. Sorry, but if I find a couple that squicks me out, I'll say something. "Ew" just happens to be the quick and efficient way of stating a gut reaction.

However, you won't find me ranting and raving in detail about how I find particular couples gross and completely wrong and all those people just need to get their heads fixed. I'm all for people liking their uc couple.

But "Ew" is an opinion, my opinion, and I don't like to be told that I cannot express something as simple as that. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] If this was an Uncoventional Vegetable Appreciation Thread, and somebody listed "Brussel Sprouts" and I posted, out of the blue, "ew, i don't like brussel sprouts, but that's just me" I don't see where I should censor myself because someone might get offended. [edited to note: what the heck was I going on about here?]

But, asking me to refrain from "ewing" things just irks me. I can understand that this thread should be one where we all accept each other's UC couple, but accepting doesn't meaning we have to like it or that if we don't, we should just keep our opinions of it to ourselves. I can see that perhaps my bringing up the UC couple by chance and singling them out with an "Ew" could somewhat be offensive, but it was neither intentional. Perhaps you thought I was seeking out other posters to chime in and say, "Me too, I totally think they're Ew." But if that is the case, it was only because it was something said to bring up conversation. And anyway, if that was the case, I revert back to my "It's an opinion of a UC couple, we're allowed to express our opinions on a UC couple, right?" defense.

So take this post as you will, as I was highly offended by the request, but don't take it personally or anything. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I don't wanna get on your bad side, Aimee. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I see where you're coming from, but it's something I don't agree with it.

It's just that I would never on a message board ask another person to censor/refrain their opinions, on the offchance it could offend someone on the thread.

[Edited by Me to Make Sense. And boy, did I ramble.]

[ 06-26-2003: Message edited VenturingDreamer ]
Old 06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Rawrr.

My 2-cents: Since this is discussion, I think disagreeing should be allowed. If there's some sort of logical opinion behind it. Disagreeing for the sake of it, or directly attacking people shouldn't. I don't think VenturingDreamer did either. But that's just me. Are thread rules necessary, perhaps?

I'm still in my happy Colin/Ephram state of mind. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It's looking at your broken hand, figuring out how it was before.

It's you, and nobody else.
Ditey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Extreme Fan

I just want everyone to feel comfortable here discussing any UC couple that they like.

I personally wasn't offended by the "ew". I just don't want someone who likes that particular couple to think twice about posting, you know?

Honestly I just want this to be a happy thread. I myself don't ship every UC couple. I have my favorites and ones that I won't touch.

I don't want anyone to feel alienated. And I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself. Your opinion is yours and you are entitled to it and to express it. I just felt like if we have people saying ew to this or gross to that or whatever that we might be missing out on other posters posting their opinions and or love for a couple.

I guess I just envisioned this thread as a place to discuss the couples that people did like and leave the ones that they didn't alone. But it's not just my thread.

Do you all think we need rules? I had given it some thought. But it's a democracy, I'd like to hear opinions/ideas/thoughts on thread rules.

Venturing Dreamer- I don't have a bad side. I come here to relax. This is fun for me....chatting with other people that also have a spot in their hearts for the unusual and unexpected, the unconventional couples. I think there's tons of slashy subtext and sexual tension in Everwood, more than enough to go around. I in no way meant to start a confrontation or anything like that. I should have started a dialogue with you via PM. I apologize for bringing it up on the thread.

Aimee
Old 06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Confrontational? Us?

...Nah.

Sorry if I came off all catty though. :embarrassed:

I was just sayin' everyone should be entitled and all that, and your post really startled me. It seemed attitude-y, with the first line Just because....
I might have taken the tone the wrong way, but oh well, stuff like that happens.

I'm in total agreement with your vision of the thread Aimee, though. I can totally see where you're coming from, with wanting to make others feel comfortable about their preferred ships, even if they're unpopular or in the minority.

So maybe perhaps a little warning in the begining would be good? Just something to say that the thread embraces all Unconvential Couplings with open arms, instead of loaded guns. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And that we should steer clear of negativite attitudes towards other couples we don't like? I'm sure we don't need rules, as that seems a bit restricted, just some general guidelines.

Sorry if I did come off a bit ranty, though. Let's just chalk it up to channeling Ephram when he's in one of his moods, shall we? I think I might be reading one too many EW fics.... :looks:

Aimee, I was also jesting about getting on your bad side, btw. I didn't mean to imply you had one, I respect your opinions on the thread is all. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And I get along with everyone, so I hate to be on people's bad side b/c of a disagreement.

So yeah. Matter settled and we're all the better for it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ditey, Colin/Ephram? Sooo over them after Colin's hissy fit. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's all about the Bright/Ephram right now, as those two have completely taken over my mind. It's their show, everyone else is there to move their storyline together. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] A boy can dream...

And yo, it doesn't help that there the B/E fics are so good, it's practically canon.

[ 06-27-2003: Message edited VenturingDreamer ]
Old 06-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Yea! Resolved, settled back to lovely UC goodness. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Venturing Dreamer- Just meant that I'm pretty easy going is all. (about the bad side thing) Your guideline suggestion is what I tried to say in my "All we ask is that you keep an open mind" thing in the first post. But I realize that sometimes what I mean doesn't come across clearly. Things online are so open to interpretation because of the lack of intonation. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm undecided as to who I want to see Eprham with. I love the tension and I don't know magnitude of his encounters with Colin. The subtext is fantastic. But I still love him with Bright cause of the banter.

Though I kinda have a thing for Colin and Dr. Brown especially with their chemistry in the finale.

I'm big about Ephram and Katherine Adams though, too. I like to ship Ephram with lots of people. I love the chemistry with Dr. Brown and Nina and at the same time I want to see him with Rev. Keyes more too.

I'm pretty sure I could be converted into a shipper for any UC couple. Still don't know who I'd ship Amy with though, mostly cause I haven't liked her character that much. I think she needs to grow up a little and maybe I'll like her more.

After seeing the WB's outtakes show I'd ship Bright with Dr. Abbott. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yup I'm basically a die hard UCer.

I'm off. This weekend I'm headed to Maine for a family beach weekend. Have fun and play nice while I'm gone. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Aimee