Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Supreme Fan

I think he might. It would go really well with not only the reverse Anidala, but also Beauty and the Beast.

Btw, I posted an amazing theory on Speculation and Spoilers thread, because it involes other characters too, about a possible direction of Episode IX following the BATB pattern. The authot makes some really good points and point some clues we missed in TLJ. I recommend reading it.

OT: Now it makes me wonder whether Anakin wasn't created by the dark side

Icon Credit
Old 04-20-2018, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

I read it. I haven't seen TABT but it was an interesting reading. Especially the Poe part. I don't know if Disney will dare to go there with Poe, especially since the character had his own comics so him not turning good or dying?

I Wonder what kind of misdrection Abrams and Disney will throw at us? Because they will want to keep Reylo and Kylo's redemption secret, meaning that fake spoilers, and misdirected trailers will be leaked.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I read it. I haven't seen TABT but it was an interesting reading. Especially the Poe part. I don't know if Disney will dare to go there with Poe, especially since the character had his own comics so him not turning good or dying?

There is really a lot of similarities between BATB and Reylo, and when I read the theory, even Poe. I think this could be the unexpected direction they will take. Also if you look at the posters or book covers of the two movies, the positioning of the characters can tell you a lot about their future directions or place in the story. Interesting thing is that Poe on both was facing away from the heroes or was on the dark literally on the dark side with the villains.

TFA:

It's subtle, but his head is turned towards the bad guys away from the heroes. I don't count Kylo and Rey, since their position clearly indicates that they have their own story and that it's clearly intertwined.

x

TLJ:

This time it's pretty clear.

x

But what stunned the most the most was Rose and her connection to BATB, because the rose plays a big part in the BATB movie and I can't believe I didn't connect it

Quote:
I Wonder what kind of misdrection Abrams and Disney will throw at us? Because they will want to keep Reylo and Kylo's redemption secret, meaning that fake spoilers, and misdirected trailers will be leaked.

Well, so far they've been throwing at us clues about his redemption pretty pretty regularly. They should do a better job keeping it a secret then

Icon Credit
Old 04-20-2018, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's interesting, in the TLJ cover, how Poe is on the same side as Hux, Kylo, BB9, Phasma... but that could be misdirection. Like the cover for TFA, there was Finn holding a lightsaber. Sure, it happened in the movie but people looking at it and not having seen the movie could believe that Finn was the Force user.

Damn, I feel like watching the OT. It's been a while since I have seen it.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's interesting, in the TLJ cover, how Poe is on the same side as Hux, Kylo, BB9, Phasma... but that could be misdirection. Like the cover for TFA, there was Finn holding a lightsaber. Sure, it happened in the movie but people looking at it and not having seen the movie could believe that Finn was the Force user.
Could be. Though it happened twice already And Poe didn't seem to feel any remorse for his messed up mission, that caused the death of a lot of people.

Btw, someone also pointed out the explosion in Kylo's crutch in TFA poster

Quote:
Damn, I feel like watching the OT. It's been a while since I have seen it.
I saw it again like a month ago

Icon Credit
Old 04-20-2018, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
I hadn't thought about that. I am starting to wonder more and more if Kylo Ren won't die, one way or another. I mean, die for good and then being brought back to life by Rey using the dark side, or die in name only.
I think Kylo Ren will die, but Ben Solo will live. If there is a moment in the last movie where he says "My name is Ben Solo" you'll find me floating in the upper stratosphere.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
I think Kylo Ren will die, but Ben Solo will live. If there is a moment in the last movie where he says "My name is Ben Solo" you'll find me floating in the upper stratosphere.

Same

Rey literally has his everything and considering how he is, he should resent her for that, yet he doesn't mind that at all and just loves her

x

Icon Credit

Last edited by Foxie; 04-20-2018 at 04:02 PM
Old 04-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

That gifset is amazing.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Supreme Fan

They really are one. Basically when he and Rey will finally get together, he will gain everything back (well, except his parents )

Icon Credit
Old 04-20-2018, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Same

Rey literally has his everything and considering how he is, he should resent her for that, yet he doesn't mind that at all and just loves her

x
The moment when I realize that Kylo Ren, a fictional character, is better than me because I wouldn't be so cool about someone ending up with everything that should have been mine !

Was it RJ who said that TLJ was about teenagers, in a way? When you think about it, the Kylo-Rey hand moment which is the closest to a sex scene in SW? So true, I mean, teenagers being interrupted by an angry parent...

And then Rey going to her "boyfriend" despite her parent being against the relationship and her going to see him, with perfect make up, perfect hairdo... nope, not romantic at all, right ? Beside, where did she find lipstick, on Ach-To? did she stop by on a planet to buy make up???

Old 04-20-2018, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That gif set is amazing
Old 04-21-2018, 12:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Was it RJ who said that TLJ was about teenagers, in a way? When you think about it, the Kylo-Rey hand moment which is the closest to a sex scene in SW? So true, I mean, teenagers being interrupted by an angry parent...

And then Rey going to her "boyfriend" despite her parent being against the relationship and her going to see him, with perfect make up, perfect hairdo... nope, not romantic at all, right ? Beside, where did she find lipstick, on Ach-To? did she stop by on a planet to buy make up???

Oh, yeah, absolutely, it is. In TFA they were basically still children, in TLJ they were teenagers discovering sexuality and they were basically were naive thinking it would be so easy for the other to join them. Someone wrote that they were two crazy teenagers in love not thinking properly So Episode IX should be all about being an adult and finally hopefully making right descisions, especially Kylo.

Btw, there is a lot of metas on this topic. It's about their clothing and hair and behaviour and how it changes through the trilogy, which measn they are growing up.

Rian also said that TLJ was all about the anger of adolescence for Kylo. Also it wasn't concidental when Snoke called "a child in a mask." He never got a chance to properly grow up.

Rey was also stuck as a child in TFA. In TFA she was still a little girl waiting for her parents to come back. She even played dress up with some doll if you notice. Also her refusal for touching.

And it's the same with Finn. The friendship Rey and Finn made in TFA was basically two children going on an adventure together. So when two children go through something like this together, they bond and bacome practically best friends. Finn even had child-like fantasies in TLJ novel about running away with Rey and building a life together, as friends. Have you ever seen two people who are just friends building a whole life together? It clearly showes his immaturity. But as you can, as in real life, they are still frieds, but since they are both growing up, they are already parting their ways towards the people they probably actually spend their life with. This time in a adult way.

Icon Credit
Old 04-21-2018, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

It's too bad that the antis (and not just anti-Reylo but anti-TLJ) don't see this and rant about hating Rose, the Canto Bight plot, Leia Mary Poppins or the ruin of the great Luke Skywalker.

SW is more modern, now, with more complex film making, storytelling, more than one layer of understanding the movie and characters more fleshed out. How childish do you have to be to want characters to have remained the same 35 years later, as if untouched by reality, by life, by experience? That's crazy.

There's just so many things to discuss, when it comes to the ST in general and Reylo in particular.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I love how everything isn't just black and white in this trilogy. Every character is flawed and layered and there is deeper meaning to everything.

Btw, that's why I love the theory I posted on the Speculations thread. About hate being the real enemy. It would be so fitting for this trilogy. But I'm nost sure the antis would handle it. Like you said, they want one big bad and the herp tp defeat him at the end.

Icon Credit
Old 04-21-2018, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag (View Post)
It's too bad that the antis (and not just anti-Reylo but anti-TLJ) don't see this and rant about hating Rose, the Canto Bight plot, Leia Mary Poppins or the ruin of the great Luke Skywalker.

SW is more modern, now, with more complex film making, storytelling, more than one layer of understanding the movie and characters more fleshed out. How childish do you have to be to want characters to have remained the same 35 years later, as if untouched by reality, by life, by experience? That's crazy.

There's just so many things to discuss, when it comes to the ST in general and Reylo in particular.
Amen to this post. Honestly if you want the same SW you had when it first came out, rewatch the OT. It's what I do when I get nostalgic. But we're in a different era now. Things need to be more fleshed out and on the gray area.