Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar

Yeah, I meant to tell you, space tv finally announced that they'd be playing before hyperspace, or during, one of the two.
Space, the Canadian channel? When?
:: makes note to check their website later ::
Old 03-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so in agreement with you Liz. I love the darker tones.

Nod Subject...I'll have more after next month

You have a sci-fi news program called hyperspace, Chris? It's on before or during that show.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

So my local theater got screwed. It's not a big name theater, but still. They were promised that the trailer was going to be before Robots. They got it, it wasn't there. They were supposed to get it this weekend, but it never came. now they're told they mightnot even get it.

As much as I'd love to go see the trailer on big screen, I passed it up and supported the under-dog. Sure I was upset i didn't get to see it before Robots, but it wasn't the theaters fault.

Besides. I'm loyal to them. they gave me a huge Star Wars Episode II poster when I came dressed up and sat, first in line for about 7 hours before tickets went on sale for Episode II.

Shipper of: House&Cameron, Luke&Lorelai, Lex&Lana, Erik&Christine, Captain Gregg&Mrs.Muir, Wolverine&Rogue.
Friendship shipper of: House&Wilson, Rory&Jess

I had tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera stage production, for my first time. My life was complete on September 23rd 2006

ReeMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

When will we know if the film will be PG-13 rating? If it was up to me I'd make it rated R

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know how it's gonna be in the US,but I'm guessing it's gonna be 15 here...meaning 15 year olds can see it by themselves, and 13 year olds with adults...allthough they rated LOTR 11 here...hmmm..
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
master yoda167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think LOTR will have quite as many dismemberments as this will.

I would say we should have the rating by mid april or so. I'll be happy with PG-13....you can't do what we want without going there.

That's sad to here ReeMaria...hopefully you'll be able to see it on the big screen soon. I think we're going to go to see Robots this weekend so we can see it on the big screen this weekend.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

I just read that George Lucas thinks it's gonna be PG-13...

They're airing the trailer in my city today,well actually yesterday (Friday) infront of Million Dollar Baby....
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Or you can go out to starwars.com and watch it.

PG-13 sounds good to me.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Elite Fan

Time for the first PG-13 rating for SW. Finally!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Jerry, I have the trailer on my puter but I haven't seen it on the big screen...

PG13....hmm....that'll probably make it 15 here....
icon credit
Hayden
Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
Anakin walking with the army of Clones behind him... talk about trouble.
That was one of my fave shots, too. Just something about that dark figure leading the ranks of troopers like that, totally gave me chills!

Quote:
When Obi-Wan said "You were the chosen one!"
Sounds like Ewan nailed the delivery on that line. Got just the right amount of despair and disbelief....hearing Obi-Wan say that the way he does breaks my heart.

Awesome trailer. Can't wait for the movie!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

This film doesn't deserve an "R" rating in my opinion simply because you're not going to be seeing that much gore/dismemberment. This isn't "Saving Private Ryan" guys/gals.

Also, an R rating would be marketing suicide and we know Lucas Arts want all the money they can get, no matter how they get it.

The unfortunate part about Episode III is that the film actually doesn't have to be that good to be the biggest blockbuster of the summer and perhaps 2005.

Even if it sucks like the first two prequels... Fans will still go see it just to see *how* bad it sucks, hence, giving more money to George Lucas and the movies box office tally. It's a win-win situation anyway you slice it. I think this is what bothers me most about this film more than the film itself.

I am 31 and literally grew up with Star Wars and so did the legions of fans my age. The fact GL really doesn't care about us -- in a lot of ways -- Is also the kind of baggage this film has to contend with to as most people my age also have kids of their own now. Oy!
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

I think we should have some faith in this one....

it is what we've wanted in the prequels...jedi galore!

How they end, when they end....the fights...the lightsabers....oh my.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've seen the trailer (several times) now and I really thought it looked good. It made me excited about Ep III which I honestly haven't been up until now. I'm just worried that, as is sometimes the case, the trailer shows the best parts of the movie...and I will admit that as cool as it looks visually, the dialogue doesn't really impress me...although Obi-Wan's delivery of the much discussed line is pretty good...

Still I'm looking forward to this one a lot more than Attack of the Clones...and I still think it's cool that the movies always come out somewhere around my birthday
Old 03-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

From what I've read and seen....the trailer may be some of the lower points of the movie...some of the twists, turns and surprises will have the crowd roaring.
Reply   Post New Thread