Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Lack of $$? How's that?

He just like's mara jade....and he's bored at work>
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

That's crap. You have a credit card I'm sure. If you can't afford 20 bucks, I mean you have children Nevermind, I always think I'm the least financially stable person out of the group here, and I get all the novels when they come out.

I do like Mara Jade, she's my favorite EU post OT character. This book has her in a central role. I am not bored at work, well maybe a little. No more boring than coming here to the board trying to make sense of your ramblings.

So, I've got 50 more pages and I'll be done, I guess today. Review up very soon.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm 50 pages in

I love it so far
That Mara/ Vader scene was so cool
he doesn't like her and I knew he'd be looking up Luke's name.

The parts with Han make me
Old 02-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Blah blah blah....I have a card, but I don't use it. It's for emergency situations only...and buy allegiance is not an emergency. Besides, at the rate you usually read, I thought I had the rest of the month

In the mean time, I think I'd rather save up for a new Hodges commission, I think I'll get a Tavion/Alora picture done.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Are you done yet Alex?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

I've been done since Tuesday. Good enough for you?

I'm back reading "Twilight" now, getting a big further into the story, I fugured out why I don't like Barbara Hamby's style...way too much detail in describing the smallest things and way too many adjectives. It's like she's trying too hard. Definitely not my style writer, as a book reader, I like it simple and to the point, unless it's something none of us "have seen" in the EU. The plot is actually pretty decent, so I maybe able to read this book faster than I did "Children of the Jedi". The book mainly focuses on Luke and Leia so far page 87 is as far as I've gotten.

Back to Allegiance, I'll do a review this weekend, and my initial thoughts are that it's a must read for anyone, but that it is the best Zahn book that I have read so far. Haven't read Survivior's Quest or the Duology yet...so keep that in mind.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am about 100 pages into Allegience
Somehow all stories will meet up in the end.
There's a lot of the troopers POV so far.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Have you seen the amazon.com reviews for it? I'm going to have to smack down some of those people...giving it a low grade and saying the advertisement was false? Are they joking?

Front of cover, stormtroopers, back of cover, Mara Jade. What did they think this book was about? Then some complained that it didn't have enough Luke/Han and Leia which play supporting roles? Are you kidding? There are 50 books about those characters. If I want to read about Han Solo, I'd read the Han Solo Trilogy

I'm just upset, b/c I was going to be writting a review for them, now I want to even more but I have to think it out more and not write it out of emotion.

It upsets me, b/c Zahn wrote a great novel, and these crybabies are giving it bad reviews when they have no idea what they are talking about. Probably didn't even finish the thing.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I avoid the reviews actually..

Alex, breathe, calm down...
Old 02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Calm down? What good does that do anybody? Passion is a must...oh no wait, that's for dark siders

Old 02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Act like the Jedi Master you are...

So the review will be up tomorrow?
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Review up when I feel like writting one I already told you it's the best book by Timothy Zahn I've ever read, basically, I gave you a Jerry review

Old 02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I expected more from you...
I like good, bad and uglies reviews.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

When I feel like it, I will. I am just not in the mood now to "think" and "try and remember" what I liked/didn't like.

Shouldn't you be reading?

Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

who are you? my teacher?

I'll read when I am in the mood.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread