Old 07-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W
No, I meant Return of the Jedi.
Ah, okay. Just checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W
Fortunately, I did my dozen-plus viewings back when movies were a lot cheaper, and a movie that had been out for awhile dropped in price considerably. No DVD's or tapes then--if you wanted to see a movie, you had to go to the theater. It was the dark ages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll
I didn't know they used to lower the prices of movies. Boy I wish they still did that.
Neither of you have a dollar theater near you? Wow, I must be lucky that there still is one around here. How about early bird discounts (Monday-Friday)?
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

I've seen ROTS a few times now in the theatre...my record is the Matrix...which was 5 times.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom of the Opera 5 times each.

I've only seen ROTS twice, and that's it for me until the DVD. I would see it again one more time, but I'll be too busy, and I'll have to make time to see Willy Wonka.

~Kat
Old 07-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
my record is the Matrix...which was 5 times.
Dude, I wouldn't have admitted to doing that

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYtheSEA

Neither of you have a dollar theater near you? Wow, I must be lucky that there still is one around here. How about early bird discounts (Monday-Friday)?
Nope no dollar theater We have a matinee price of $7 but that still hurts my wallet.
Where do live that you have a dollar theater?
Old 07-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Nope no dollar theater We have a matinee price of $7 but that still hurts my wallet.
Yikes that is high. Matinees here are $5.75, but the first matinee of the day (M-F) is $4.25. The dollar theater has first matinees (M-F) and all day Wednesday at 75 cents.

Quote:
Where do live that you have a dollar theater?
Ohio.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am going to see RotS for my 4th time tomorrow afternoon. This 4th of July weekend the theater wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be. I saw War of the Worlds yesterday and the lines weren't long.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Elite Fan

Matinee here is like 6 bucks.

What's wrong with the matrix Alex?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yikes that is high. Matinees here are $5.75, but the first matinee of the day (M-F) is $4.25. The dollar theater has first matinees (M-F) and all day Wednesday at 75 cents.

Ohio.
Those are the theater prices in my suburban Houston area; however, there isn't a dollar theater close to me.

Ros1

Ros1
Old 07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Matinee in North GA is 6.50 per ticket. Regular ticket price is from 7.50-8.50 depends on where you go...IMAX is 11.50

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
There is a "discount theater" in our town where movies go after they've left the major theaters. It charges half price, or $4. Evenings around here are $8, before 5 p.m. is $6.50.

Back in the dark ages , I saw Return of the Jedi at a huge theater with three--count'em, three!-- screens. One big screen for the new release (of which there were far fewer than today) and two dinky screens for the has-beens. Once a movie moved to a dinky screen, the price dropped to $1 or $2. So seeing Jedi all those times didn't break the bank. And every single time I went, there was a long line snaking down the plaza.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I want those Dark Ages back!

Saw RotS yesterday. Some peoples' reactions in the theater were like it was their first viewing.
I think I'll go once more before the summer ends. Maybe after I see The Island.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely go see this film as many times as possible...barring another "special" release of the films this maybe the last time we get a chance to see SW at the movie theater.

Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm waiting for the crowds to die down enough so I can take my daughter....she'll like it in the movie theater.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

The crowds are pretty dead where I live.
I didn't know you had a daughter. How old is she? Is she a future SW fan in the making
Me and my sister always talk about how when we have kids we are getting them hooked early
Closed Thread   Post New Thread