Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

StarWars Revenge of the Sith Episode Discussion. The force is strong with this one!

The force is strong with this one...Discuss away...

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
The force is strong with this one...Discuss away...

Alex
Ok I purchased The Revenge of the Sith book on Friday evening and finished it today. WoW! Reading the turmoil that was taken place inside of Anakin's head was insightful. Constant struggle... I was literally crying by the end of the book. He indeed did it all for Love, but I sense (hee hee) that he thirsted for power regardless. I believe even if the council would had granted him the "Master" title, he sill would have pursued more power. I really felt sorry for Obi Wan....he lost such a good friend and he really did love him. I further understand who the Dark Jedi are. I am now reading The New Jedi Order-Vector Prime.

Ros1

Ros1
Old 06-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellian1
Constant struggle... I was literally crying by the end of the book. He indeed did it all for Love, but I sense (hee hee) that he thirsted for power regardless. I believe even if the council would had granted him the "Master" title, he sill would have pursued more power. I really felt sorry for Obi Wan....he lost such a good friend and he really did love him.
I agree. Anankin was always looking for more power. He knew he had the potential to become the most powerful jedi and was even looking to over throw Sidious.
The book is really sad and poor Obi-Wan had to learn to let go of Anakin.
My favorite part of the book is in my siggy. I read that and to hold back tears since I was commuting home from work.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

I don't agree that he did it for love

As far as Vector Prime...I haven't read that yet. I suggest you start with Shadow Hunter b/c it lays out info and connects to Phantom Menace. I actually suggest for those who haven't, to read Phantom Menace. The book offers some insides that the movie does not and it's a quick read. I also suggest Labyrinth of Evil, and "Yoda - Dark Rendezvous", as far as in between Episodes II and III novels. Personally, I like to "dive into" the clone wars era I think that everyone who likes to read and is a SW fan should read the books...the main ones from Episodes I till VI. The Attack of the Clones novel doesn't offer "that much" as far as additional info, but there was a chapter about Padme and Anakin going to Padme's parent's home that was pretty valuable, in general, in the book their relationship doesn't seem "as rushed" as it did during the movie due to time restrictions of course and I found the extra info on Count Dooku to be insightful. Other than that, it's not very informative.
As far as future upcoming releases...I'm looking forward to the fall release of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader - Coming November 22 from James Luceno is the first book detailing Darth Vader's adventures between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope:

The Republic has become the Empire, ruled by the wicked Palpatine with order enforced by his new right hand agent, Darth Vader. The galaxy is reeling from civil war and the shocking elimination of the Jedi Knights. Some worlds are resistant to the New Order, and are determined to make a stand against these sweeping new changes.
One of Darth Vader's first tasks is to snuff out these early embers of resistance, and it is this mission that will lead him to discover his true strength and come into his own as the Emperor's iron fist.

I have to admit, I haven't read any books that deal with events after Return of the Jedi. I guess Jerry would have to "recap" that for us

Again, I can't stress enough how the novel "Revenge of the Sith" adds to what you see during the film. I think it's a must read for any SW fan who can afford the time and the 16$

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
I don't agree that he did it for love

As far as Vector Prime...I haven't read that yet. I suggest you start with Shadow Hunter b/c it lays out info and connects to Phantom Menace. I actually suggest for those who haven't, to read Phantom Menace. The book offers some insides that the movie does not and it's a quick read. I also suggest Labyrinth of Evil, and "Yoda - Dark Rendezvous", as far as in between Episodes II and III novels. Personally, I like to "dive into" the clone wars era I think that everyone who likes to read and is a SW fan should read the books...the main ones from Episodes I till VI. The Attack of the Clones novel doesn't offer "that much" as far as additional info, but there was a chapter about Padme and Anakin going to Padme's parent's home that was pretty valuable, in general, in the book their relationship doesn't seem "as rushed" as it did during the movie due to time restrictions of course and I found the extra info on Count Dooku to be insightful. Other than that, it's not very informative.
As far as future upcoming releases...I'm looking forward to the fall release of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader - Coming November 22 from James Luceno is the first book detailing Darth Vader's adventures between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope:

The Republic has become the Empire, ruled by the wicked Palpatine with order enforced by his new right hand agent, Darth Vader. The galaxy is reeling from civil war and the shocking elimination of the Jedi Knights. Some worlds are resistant to the New Order, and are determined to make a stand against these sweeping new changes.
One of Darth Vader's first tasks is to snuff out these early embers of resistance, and it is this mission that will lead him to discover his true strength and come into his own as the Emperor's iron fist.

I have to admit, I haven't read any books that deal with events after Return of the Jedi. I guess Jerry would have to "recap" that for us

Again, I can't stress enough how the novel "Revenge of the Sith" adds to what you see during the film. I think it's a must read for any SW fan who can afford the time and the 16$

Alex
So he did it for power??? I agree with that as well. Prior to reading TROTS, I truly believed that he did it all for love and in my own little world I would like to continue to believe that because....what can I say...I am a hopless romantic.

Thanks for the recommendations. I loved The Revenge of the Sith novel. I am kinda going backwards... I wanted to read stories post Darth Vader's era. The New Jedi Order is refreshing and introduces a host of new characters, to include the grand children of Anakin Skywalker. I met this employee at Barnes & Noble's that has just about read the entire series. and was very excited to talk to me about the books. I am too excited about the release of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Too bad my book club members are not interested in Fantasy/Sci-Fi books....

Ros1
Old 06-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll
I agree. Anankin was always looking for more power. He knew he had the potential to become the most powerful jedi and was even looking to over throw Sidious.
The book is really sad and poor Obi-Wan had to learn to let go of Anakin.
My favorite part of the book is in my siggy. I read that and to hold back tears since I was commuting home from work.
BehrItAll, I was trully bawling during the part that is quoted in your siggy.

Ros1

Ros1
Old 06-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellian1
Prior to reading TROTS, I truly believed that he did it all for love and in my own little world I would like to continue to believe that because....what can I say...I am a hopless romantic.
*Another hopeless romantic raises her hand* I think Anakin wanted power too, or at least "more", as he put it, as is frequently the case with talented, ambitious people who feel they're being hemmed in by the rules. That undoubtedly would have gotten him into trouble, perhaps even a lot of trouble....but I'm not convinced that he would have gone all the way over to the Sith just for power. I think love--or rather fear of losing that love--was what ultimately pushed him over the edge.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy W
*Another hopeless romantic raises her hand* I think Anakin wanted power too, or at least "more", as he put it, as is frequently the case with talented, ambitious people who feel they're being hemmed in by the rules. That undoubtedly would have gotten him into trouble, perhaps even a lot of trouble....but I'm not convinced that he would have gone all the way over to the Sith just for power. I think love--or rather fear of losing that love--was what ultimately pushed him over the edge.
Yes, his love for her DID give him that final push. I understood that more so, once I read the book. Hopeless Romantics in Da House!!

Ros1
Old 06-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm one of those who agrees that love is what pushed him over the edge.

There's no denying he wanted more power, though I'm not sure if deep down his wanting to be a master on the council/an advanced Jedi had so much do with power as it did wanting to be recognized/respected as the best. In his eyes, I think he thought having power would make that happen. That could be a result of him being a slave as a child, and basically calling someone "master" his whole life.

But I don't see him going to the extremes he did in ROTS if not for his intense fear of losing Padme.

~Kat
Old 06-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

Since most of you are convinced that he did it "for love", the movie and GL has done his job...I certainly want to say that Padme and Anakin had a passionate relationship...but don't forget that Anakin confuses passionate love with possesive love. They are very different you know

Alex

Old 06-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Passionate, possessive....one could argue that it's still love. It's possible to feel every aspect of love in one's life. And the theme that he didn't want to lose her works well, because who wants to lose the person that they love the most? In a lot of ways, especially in ROTS, Padme is the only person he has. His mistrust of the order and his being placed inbetween the Jedi and the Chancellor, which effectively confuses him in his relationship to both, drives a wedge between him and Obi-Wan, and also Palpatine, for a time.

I think he truly loved Padme. The loss of his mother coupled with knowledge of the dreams warning him of her suffering made him so afraid to lose Padme the same way, that it seemed to become a possessive love because of that fear. But I don't think his love for her was founded by his need to possess her.

~Kat
Old 06-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I think he did it for the Raman noodles...but I could be wrong.

Ros1...as you finish each book, I'd be delighted to discuss the New Jedi Order books with you on the novel threads. I loved the whole series, and think it'd be great to see what someone else thought of them.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
I think he did it for the Raman noodles...
Oh, no! Not another scene that was cut! I sincerely hope they edit the Raman noodle scene back in when they release the DVD's.

Old 06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I have to add, I'm really excited about the upcoming Darth Vader novel. There's a lot of EU out there I really don't care about (basically the NJO, :shrugs: - I'm only interested in stories within the saga or directly after the saga. The farther into the future they go, my interest wans.). I really enjoyed Labyrinth of Evil and the Revenge of the Sith novelization, and hopefully this one will fit perfectly in with those.

~Kat
Old 06-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
I think he did it for the Raman noodles...but I could be wrong.

Ros1...as you finish each book, I'd be delighted to discuss the New Jedi Order books with you on the novel threads. I loved the whole series, and think it'd be great to see what someone else thought of them.
HA! {RE: Roman Noodles}

Cool. I have about 150 pages to go.

Ros1

Ros1
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top