Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

StarWars Episode 1/2: Sith Wars?

Could it be.....possible?

Is this fact or fiction....I'm game for it, but who isn't.

Granted, it flies in the face of over game/book ever written...but hey...when has that stopped george.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5674.html

He says he's finished, but like a two-year-old on the Loo - has he really?

George Lucas tells a scooper for Cinescape that in the back of his noggin' he has an idea for another add-on to the "Star Wars" movie series : A prequel to "The Phantom Menace".

Nope, not the adventures of young Jar Jar Binks building an underwater haven - but the tales of the Jedi regaining control of the universe from the many Dark Lords some 88 years before Anakin Skywalker's bowl cut ever graced the earth.

Yoda - who was instrumental in the effort - would apparently have a headlining role.

Granted, Lucas, now 60, says he won't be captaining such a ship if it ever happens though. What's the bet FOX is going to lock him in a room, tie him to a chair and request he does anyway though?
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Good thing they're not planning to bring back Jar Jar.

Seeing more of Yoda would definitely be interesting. Maybe a young Obi-wan.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

What they are talking about is an era in the SW timeline called "The New Republic" (follwed by the Era of Rebellion (OT) and The New Jedi Order (Post-RoTJ).

This era, in my opinion, is much more rich and colorful than post-RotJ and if done well... The key... Could equal or surpass the OT. Especially, if GL doesn't actually write or direct them and lets others do it.

It is more colorful and ripe for good stories because it addresses a lot of things none of the films ever did as far as the origins of the Jedi Order (and Sith) and to me, having a better background would enhance both the prequels and the OT more than trying to create an entirely new series with the old characters from the OT -- Even if the new focus are their children and new characters the post-RotJ era introduces.

I know a lot of SW fans might disagree with me, but I mentioned this in another thread and that is I think the main problem with the prequels is that they take themselves too seriously and by going back even further, SW can get back to the basics of more romanticized swashbuckling style of storytelling while still telling good stories of human conflict (inner and outer) and turmoil while not trying to be the end-all, be-all of sci-fi allegories.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it would be great if they did a prequel to TPM. I've always wondered about that myself so it would be interesting to see how it all unfolded.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Actually Unsilent Majority...there was a typo in that article. They're making it 800 years before TPM...to make it fit in with something akin to Knights of the Old Republic.... This would book end the sith wars...KOTOR II being one side, this movie being the other.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

So who would "direct" it? Spielberg is my number one choice

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

I'd actually like to see someone new...Bruckheimer or Michael Bay. Maybe Ridley Scott.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

The first two would turn it into a popcorn movie. Ridley Scott is an awesome director.

However, there has been reports now that GL and Speilberg have finally agreed on a new script for Indiana Jones 4 and now all they need is Harrison Ford's participation. He has yet to read it.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

It's butter for him...you know he'll do it.

Besides...George said if he did the Episode 0 as they're calling it now....it'd be at the end of the 100 episode series....so we have 5 years or so before that decision is made.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just hoping GL doesn't turn into an old man who's got nothing left to do at that point...I mean the SW franchaise has to continue...it's the greatest one!

Alex

Old 06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Sure i will continue....under someone else's vision.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think that GL will so easily relinquish control over the SW franchaise.

Old 06-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

I think GL should just pass the reigns and let someone else continue the SW Empire! He could still play some sort of role, but with the Enthusiastic response for ROTS, I think they should keep going
Old 06-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Elite Fan

I think we all want that, for the SW universe to continue in some way, and it is...through the TV series in 2 years. Let's make sure, as fans, that the TV show will be a success and that will possibly force GL to consider seriously the future of SW.

Alex

Old 06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
He says he's finished, but like a two-year-old on the Loo - has he really?
OMG! Sorry, it's just that I can relate..

as to the topic..well it would be wonderful