Old 05-28-2007, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

The new trailer:
Star Wars: Video

383 screen caps from it...
CloneWars_TrailerCaps.zip

The Clone Wars Panel Discussions
May 27th, 2007

The first two panel discussions with The Clone Wars producer Catherine Winder and supervising director Dave Filoni have finished, and here’s a brief listing of what fans just witnessed:

First, an introduction to Winder and Filoni, with a great video short showing director Filoni wearing his scratch-built Plo Koon costume to the premiere of Episode III (before getting hired on at Lucasfilm).

Interview details:

* When Filoni initially got the call from Winder to direct The Clone Wars, he thought it was a joke staged by his friends. Winder assured him it was not, and proved it by letting him call her back on her Lucasfilm line.
* Filoni got the job moments after his initial interview with Lucas. As a fan, he was just glad to meet Lucas and visit Skywalker Ranch just before the opening of Episode III.
* Lucas is very involved with production – he is mostly focused on the story. He and Winder both work on the scripts with the writers.
* The episodes will be 22 minutes long, so as a result, there is opportunity for a lot of character development. The tone of the series is based on that of Episode IV – in addition to action, there are also light moments and comedy.
* In the new series, there will not be a “Justice League of Jedi” as Filoni puts it – the Jedi can’t do anything more than Luke, Mace, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan from the films. They can be vulnerable but are intelligent – they need to think themselves out of situations. It will show how war was a challenge for the Jedi to fight, and how the moral principles they clung to began to disintegrate.
* According to Winder, it’s not being directed as an animated series, but more like live action in terms of its story and cinematography.
Filoni then walks the audience through a series of slides which showcase some of the sculpture designs for characters such as the clone trooper, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, and General Grievous. They will share some of the stylization from the 2-D animated series but also some of the reality from the filmed saga. Filoni describes the style as “leaner and more elegant.”

A video is shown which introduces much of the team at Lucasfilm Animation housed at Skywalker Ranch.

Q&A questions revealed:

* Lucasfilm Animation had nothing to do with some 3-D animated stills recently “leaked” on the internet. They were fan-produced.
* While continuity is being taken very seriously by the creators of the series, Lucas retains the right to make slight adjustments for the sake of the story. Filoni is extremely well-versed in Star Wars mythology and Expanded Universe, so rest assured it is in very good hands.
* General Grievous will have a cough. When asked whether any of Grievous’ past will be revealed, the only response is, “You’ll be happy.” Filoni also says that when it comes to big legacy characters like Grievous, Lucas is consulted directly.
* The series will debut in Fall 2008.
* A lot of background characters – from the films and otherwise — will get to do a lot more.
* The series is being produced in high-definition.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

I don't get it, why are they waiting so long? That's more than 12 months from now! From the looks of the footage, they could be ready to be on TV this fall not next year?

Yeah, the trailer looked really good and promising, but that "era" in the EU is getting really, really crowded.

First, it's about an 18 month period.

Second, you have the Dark Horse Republic Comic and the events there.

Third, you have about 10 or so Clone War novels that have to be honored.

Fourth, you already have 2 clone war cartoon series with events.

How much more can they do and not interfere?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the trailer
Yay for Ventress and Padmé being in it.

It looks so video game like.

I do agree with Alex, I hope these events contradict the timeline already established.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Ventress, time to bring out the Ventress/Obi-Wan ship!

I wonder if we'll see Quinlan Vos, or Master Tholme, or T'ra Saa?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know!
But in that trailer she was looking for Skywalker.
Padmé should kick her butt.

Me too. I would love to see them.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

I just thought of someone else they need to include...Siri Tachi! I want to see some romantic moments, or hints or something between her and Obi-Wan!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww yeah, before she dies.

Anakin looks like he's already a Knight though.
She may already be gone.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

They should take ideas from the fans, on what people/characters they want to see in this series. After all, if it weren't for us, they're be no need for that show to exist!

So what other Jedi do you think they'll have? More of the Jedi Masters from the council?

Old 05-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

A poll would be nice.

Council members and maybe some new characters...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Well, if the comics can have Obi-Wan and Quinlan Vos working together...Dreadnaughts of the Rendilli anyone! I feel like they should allow for Quinlan to be in the clone war cartoons.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd like to hear his voice
I imagine it to be deep and gruffy.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Actually, the looks into the clone wars have been fairly limited. Think about it...

We know what Anakin, Obi, Mace, Aalya and Quin have been doing. To a lesser extent some of the other jedi. There are thousands of Jedi that we'll be seeing, hundreds of other battles.

Additionally, they're waiting so long because they're actually going to finish the series, and then sell it as a whole to the highest bidder. They only have about 13 episodes done right now.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

How many total will there be?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I've seen some online sites now that say this series won't be out unitl 2009! That's gotta be wrong, right?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it's wrong.
I'm all exctied and want to see it sooner than that.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top