Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>prolly a different tribe. It's not like Anakin wiped out the whole species ya know!
Is there any difference in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa besides the fact that one's in ep1 and one in ep4?</STRONG>
OK, I know this one.

Mos Espa was founded 80 years before the battle of Yavin by Rodian refugees. Later the Hutts moved in and was eventually controlled by Jabba. A city built on gambling money and the slave trade.

Now Mos Eisley is one of the primary cities of the modern era on Tatooine, Mos Eisley was also home to one of Tatooine's primary spaceports.
The the unofficial capital city of Tatooine was moved from Mos Espa to Mos Eisley because pod racing popularity was dying down.

In just a few decades, Mos Eisley's population tripled as businesses took root to offer services to starships and tarvelers who were passing through the system. During much of the Galactic Civil War, Jabba the Hutt used Mos Eisley as a base of operations.

Carlos
Old 11-12-2002, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not to dig up dirt.....but...... Carlos & Niks little spate got me thinking..(ouch!)
This is a Star Wars board, which covers all things Star Wars. There are threads for the films, games, characters and books. Surely the EU is an important part of "all things Star Wars" so there is room for questions and speculation pertaining to it.

Agreed? Huh? guys?

Devon [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2002, 09:55 PM
Addicted Fan

who da man?
Old 11-14-2002, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>who da man?</STRONG>
Yoda da man.

Carlos
Old 11-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Addicted Fan

With all the ships going in and out of the atmosphere of Coruscant, all the speeders driving around, factories most likely making these ships and speeders, and plus the fact that it's one big city with no forests or greenery, do you think there are anti-pollution parties campagning to the senate to implement stricter clean-air laws?
Old 11-15-2002, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by R2s lose screw:
<STRONG>This is a Star Wars board, which covers all things Star Wars. There are threads for the films, games, characters and books. Surely the EU is an important part of "all things Star Wars" so there is room for questions and speculation pertaining to it.

Agreed? Huh? guys?
</STRONG>
Oh, I agree with you there, Devon. No one has ever said that you can't discuss the EU! If I remember correctly, Niki just said that she doesn't believe in EU theories; that doesn't mean that no one can talk about them or ask questions pertaining to it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Any and all questions are welcome. There's usually someone who has the answer, or can have a pretty good stab at it.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Addicted Fan

yea right paul. no one ever answers my questions. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Well, no one knows the answer to your question, since George Lucas has never really stated what parties are present at the Senate. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

However, yes, it's very likely that there would be a Star Wars version of a Green Party who would campaign for a healthier environment on all the planets under control of the Senate. It would be hard to police though...
Old 11-24-2002, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

ok here's another C3PO question

In episode 2 Owen Lars meets C3PO when Shmi comes to live with Clieg Lars - how come he doesn't recogize him when Luke buys him in ANH.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by London2LA:
<STRONG>In episode 2 Owen Lars meets C3PO when Shmi comes to live with Clieg Lars - how come he doesn't recogize him when Luke buys him in ANH.</STRONG>
I've got 2 thoughts about this ...

First, maybe he just forgot him. There's what ... 20 years between AOTC and ANH?

Or maybe he didn't recognize him as the same one Shmi had ... if there are a lot of droids that look like C3PO. Also, 3PO does look different than he does in ANH.

::shrugs::

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Is there a definitive answer to Kim's question?
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Addicted Fan

maybe he does, and that's why he knows he needs to erase their memories or whatnot, which is why he tells luke to go do that...
Old 11-26-2002, 07:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can someone please list all the SW books by George Lucas in chronological order? I want to read them, but I just don't know where to begin! Plus, all those EUs get in the way of finding them in bookstores, libraries, etc... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

'And what do you wish?' he said at last.
'That what should be shall be,' she answered.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:56 PM
Addicted Fan

George Lucas wrote books??
Old 11-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

As far as I'm aware, the only SW book written by George Lucas is the novelisation of A New Hope.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

That just goes to show how limited my knowledge of Star Wars really is. I thought George Lucas wrote the books, and then made them into movies. Did he only direct the films, then?

And how old is Chewie in A New Hope?

'And what do you wish?' he said at last.
'That what should be shall be,' she answered.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread