Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2002, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Java Freak:
<STRONG>

This is all interesting EU but I don't believe in EU theories. Only Lucas. And SW.com says Yoda's species is "unknown" so that's what I believe. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
When did I ever state that it was EU????

What I posted is based on George's statements

You should read Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays

Lucas states,

"Originally, I was trying to have the story be told by somebody else; there was somebody watching this whole story and recording it, somebody probably wiser than the mortal players in the actual events,"
"I eventually dropped this idea, and the concepts behind the Whills turned into the Force. But the Whills became part of this massive amount of notes, quotes, background information that I used for the scripts; the stories were actually taken from the Journal of the Whills."

The second and third draft of the script for Star Wars began with the following quote: "And in time of greatest despair there shall come a savior and he shall be known as: THE SON OF THE SUN" ("Journal of the Whills," 3:12)

- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays

How is it EU if it comes from George?

With that info the theory of where Yoda is from and species, etc is derived from that. Just a well thought out theory.

[ 10-29-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 10-29-2002, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Well, Lucas dropped that idea. I've got a few encyclopedia type books and they all list Yoda's species as unknown. Maybe he wanted to keep parts of Yoda a mystery?
Old 10-29-2002, 05:22 PM
Addicted Fan

let's just say that he's a green muppet and keep it at that. lol
Old 10-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Boy:
<STRONG>You should read Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
</STRONG>

Yeah, send me a copy and I'll get right on that, chief.

But for the record, anything and everything that exists outside the realm of the actual films is extended universe. Any ideas, hints or flights of fancy that dribble from Lucas' lips does not make it canon.

[ 10-30-2002: Message edited Java Freak ]
Old 11-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Yeah, send me a copy and I'll get right on that, chief.

No, seriously, tell me what is the chapter, page and line number and I'll look into it.

But for the record, anything and everything that exists outside the realm of the actual films is extended universe. Any ideas, hints or flights of fancy that dribble from Lucas' lips does not make it canon.

First off, I don’t appreciate the tone of your post directed towards me. Where have I had any negativity states or implied malice towards you in my posts?

Second, My name is Carlos not Chief. Your cheap attempt at sarcasm failed.

Third, If your hard up for money, I guess I could send you a copy.

Fourth, "And in time of greatest despair there shall come a savior and he shall be known as: THE SON OF THE SUN" ("Journal of the Whills," 3:12)

It’s on page 6 of the Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays. You want the rest, get a book and find out yourself. I don’t need to validate my knowledge or my book collection to you or anyone here. You don’t believe I have the book I could care less.

Fifth, Your. definition of EU is incorrect. Expended Universe is novels, comics and games, nothing else. EU has to have George Lucas approval to be considered that. If George Lucas isn’t getting a royalty on it the it’s not EU.

Sixth, As for George, he’s the man and if he had written something and never used it, hey that’s fine and it’s not considered SW history at this time. I was merely stating that GL had written The Journal of Whills in his earlier drafts and he actually used some of that in his flim.
You watched Ep 1 right? Windu talks about the prophecy. What prophecy do you think he’s talking about,
"And in time of greatest despair there shall come a savior and he shall be known as: THE SON OF THE SUN" ("Journal of the Whills," 3:12) that one.
So George in fact did use it to some extent and that does make it SW history.
It’s been stated on numerous occasions that original versions of the Star Wars Trilogy movies do not represent his vision of Star Wars. So he is reworking them for dvd release and you never know what will be added to them. For being a “resident expert”, I find your knowledge in the subject lacking.

Finally, I do my best to answer the question here on this thread. I’ve never stated I’m a “know it all” ever. If it seems that way, sorry. I do answer most of the questions since no one does or the posted info is a bit lacking. Have I ever cut and pasted, you bet I have and I’m on the record as doing it. I don’t always have time to get one of my books and type it word for word. I can easily go inline and find the exact infomation I have at home. Saves me time and I have horrible typing skills. Anyone can find the same info I post if you put in the effort.

Don’t ever question my integrity or my knowledge of the subject again.

Thank you

MOVING A LONG......

[ 11-01-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 11-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Okay. Carlos.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my post as something much more than it was. Thank you for calling me "cheap", "malicious", "negative", lazy and stupid. Your positive attitude here at Fan Forum toward your fellow posters is greatly appreciated.

How was that? Was that better sarcasm?

Let me reiterate the rules here at FF, since they must have slipped your mind:

Quote:
Attacks on Posters
Vicious attacks on posters will not be tolerated. Disagreements between posters are fine, but personal attacks on posters' intelligence, character, etc. are not. Attack the post, not the poster.

I would go into excruciating detail, as you have, into each of the many points you brought up but I've seen these types of complaints go into ridiculous tangents and, frankly, I've got better things to do than get sucked into such chatter.

Please DO NOT post personal attacks on this board. If you have any further comments you would like to take up with me, you can PM me at any time.

This is a thread for Questions and Answers. Please keep your posts to that topic.

Thank you.

Now you may move along.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

is Kashyyyk pronounced "cash-ick" or "ka-sheek"?
and does blue milk does a body good like our milk?
Old 11-03-2002, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Okay. Carlos.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my post as something much more than it was. Thank you for calling me "cheap", "malicious", "negative", lazy and stupid. Your positive attitude here at Fan Forum toward your fellow posters is greatly appreciated.

How was that? Was that better sarcasm?

Let me reiterate the rules here at FF, since they must have slipped your mind:

I would go into excruciating detail, as you have, into each of the many points you brought up but I've seen these types of complaints go into ridiculous tangents and, frankly, I've got better things to do than get sucked into such chatter.

Please DO NOT post personal attacks on this board. If you have any further comments you would like to take up with me, you can PM me at any time.

This is a thread for Questions and Answers. Please keep your posts to that topic.

Thank you.

Now you may move along.</STRONG>
This will be the last response from me.
Since YOU failed to pm me back in consideration I will post my response.

How else should I have interpreted your post other then a negative statements towards me and my character. Did I see any laughing smiles or kidding remarks no, just bitterness for the most part. All I said was "You should read Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays" and you flipped out. It was merely a SUGGESTION.

Hey, don't put words in my mouth because I never called you stupid, lazy, cheap, etc. You said send me the book, I assumed you had no money since the book merely costs around 12 bucks. Hey my offer still stands.

I like your POSITIVE attitude as well [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey I've always been positive here. But I will not let someone attack my integrity.

I see so the rules apply to everyone else BUT YOU.
Just because your a mod does not mean your above those same rules.

I know what the thread is for since I answer most of the questions [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thank you for giving us permission to move along, how big of you.

I will not go any further with this so no need to get all mod like and edit my post.

Oh, your sarcasm is getting better, Your technique is good, but you need discipline [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-03-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 11-03-2002, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>is Kashyyyk pronounced "cash-ick" or "ka-sheek"?
and does blue milk does a body good like our milk?</STRONG>
Aww wookie land. I have no idea since I never heard it used in any of the movies.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], I think it might have some good qualities there. Blue milk mustache...interesting

Carlos
Old 11-03-2002, 07:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Boy:
<STRONG>I will not go any further with this so no need to get all mod like and edit my post.</STRONG>
I have never edited any post that was not inappropriate and have no intention of doing so in the future.

But as I said, these things can obviously go on and on into useless chattering so I'll merely say:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's what makes Fan Forum and America so great. God bless America.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Addicted Fan

i think i found out why Jango constantly takes his helmet off. MAybe he keeps taking it off because it's supposed to be foreshadowing what happens in later. he always has his helmet off, so that might symbolise why his head gets chopped off at the end.
what'ya think huh?

bah forget it ill just go to my question:
How many O's were in the original EmprieStrikes Back script when Luke said "NOOOOOOO!!!!!"?

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited JediBlastoise ]
Old 11-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

here's a question from my son

if Anakin killed all the Tusken Raiders in AOTC then how could they attack Luke in ANH?
Old 11-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Addicted Fan

prolly a different tribe. It's not like Anakin wiped out the whole species ya know!
Is there any difference in Mos Eisley and Mos Espa besides the fact that one's in ep1 and one in ep4?
Old 11-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't think so. I've got this rough map of Tatooine at around the time of ANH, and there's no Mos Espa marked; just Mos Eisley.

Perhaps the name change will be explained in the next movie?
Old 11-10-2002, 10:09 PM
Addicted Fan

so the real quesiton is.....why did the name change?????????