Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2002, 02:00 AM
Elite Fan

Let me break it down for ya.

Midi-Chlorians is a microscopic organism known to the Jedi Knights as a symbiotic creature that exists within the cells of every living creature. Life in the galaxy is dependent upon the midi-chlorians, although the exact genesis of the microscopic midi-chlorians is unknown. There is no pattern which dictates the concentration of midi-chlorians in a being’s make-up, but a higher count of midi-chlorians in a being’s cells allows them to touch the Force. As the count increases, so does the being’s ability to contact and control the Force, but true mastery of the Force comes only from intense concentration and study. Thus, the Jedi Knights devoted themselves to the study and control of the Force, and developed techniques that could detect high concentrations of midi-chlorians in young infants.

You need a midi-chlorian count of 7,000 or more to be considered for Jedi Training.

I personally don't believe in the whole midi-chlorian thing since Anakin had the greatest count ever recorded ata round 27,000 and he got his ass kicked by Dooku who has around 13,000. I know Yoda would of kick his ass, so the whole Midi thing is meaningless to me.

Padawan...

A Jedi term for a young student of the Force. During the height of the Old Republic, beings who were strong with the Force were identified at a young age for training, often before their first year of life. Young beings were transported to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where they were brought up to respect the Force and the life it suffuses. Trainees were allowed to train until they were chosen as Padawan learners by a Jedi Master, or until they were thirteen years old. If a learner was not chosen as a Padawan by his thirteenth birthday, it was decided that the young student would never have the drive and skills to become a full Jedi Knight, and they were given lesser assignments by the Jedi Council.

Each Padawan was distinguished by a short, close-cropped hairstyle which was accented by a thin braid. The braid’s length, together with small beads braided into the hair, denoted the Padawan’s level of training.

Carlos
Old 10-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Addicted Fan

so who made the Death star Bevel Lemelisk and Qui Xux or those Geonisian dudes? Im really confused.

and why didnt Jango's head fall out of the helmet when Fett picked it up?
Old 10-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>so who made the Death star Bevel Lemelisk and Qui Xux or those Geonisian dudes? Im really confused.

and why didnt Jango's head fall out of the helmet when Fett picked it up?</STRONG>
As for the Death Star...

It was designed by Tol Sivron at the Maw installation, and was built by Bevel Lemelisk and Imperial Engineering.
The crew of the first Death Star design was 27,048 officers; 774,576 troops, pilots, and crewers; 378,576 support and maintenance crewers; 400,000 support droids; and 25,000 stormtroopers.

As for Jango's head...

Jango Fett's head flew free of his shoulders and fell out of his helmet - you can see two separate shadows if you look closely.

Carlos
Old 10-14-2002, 11:04 PM
Addicted Fan

so that means that the maw installation was alrady built and operational during the time of ep2? hmmmm.....
Old 10-15-2002, 12:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>so that means that the maw installation was alrady built and operational during the time of ep2? hmmmm.....</STRONG>
Not necessarily. Remember it was 20 years between Ep 3 to Ep 4. I say they started building it after Ep 3. So the Maw installation was built after Ep 3 in that 20 year gap. I figure in those later years since the Death Star plans were stolen 19 years after Ep 3, a year before Ep 4.

The scientists at The Maw created the initial plans for the Death Star and the World Devastator.

Carlos
Old 10-16-2002, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PoCkEtFuL of *StArS*:
<STRONG>quick question. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda. What is their relationship?</STRONG>
yup, I'm quoting myself.. because my question wasn't answered yet.... please and thank you? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

yup, I'm quoting myself.. because my question wasn't answered yet.... please and thank you? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
i don't believe they have a relationship other than they are both Jedi
Old 10-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I would say that Obi-Wan and Yoda are like an employee and a boss (although it is more the whole Jedi Council, not just Yoda). But I believe they are friends too.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

yup, I'm quoting myself.. because my question wasn't answered yet.... please and thank you? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
When young Padawans began their first foray into Jedi training, they did so under Yoda's guidance. Many of the Republic's greatest Jedi trained under Yoda when they were children. Once the Jedi hopefuls grew older, approaching their teenage years, they would then be paired to an elder Jedi Knight or Master to continue training one-on-one.

As a young Jedi, Obi-Wan was trained by Yoda, and quickly learned the value of patience and hard work in understanding the Force. Once Yoda was elected the Jedi Council of twelve Masters, Obi-Wan’s training was continued by Qui-Gon Jinn.

Their relationship is Teacher - Student...then later friends.

Carlos
Old 10-17-2002, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

What does the hyperdrive "leak" when it ....well "leaks"?
Old 10-17-2002, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by R2s lose screw:
<STRONG>What does the hyperdrive "leak" when it ....well "leaks"?</STRONG>
Most hyperdrives require a fusion generator to propel a ship through space. The hyperdrive is built from a titanium-chromium compound that can withstand the forces needed to push through the space-time fabric of realspace into the hyperspacial continuum. The hyperdrive uses modified gamma radiation to create electromagnetic energy that, when ejected from the hyperdrive, cause the realspace time-space matrix to ripple. The hyperdrive continues to eject electromagnetic energy to push against these ripples, propelling the ship into hyperspace. However, the hyperdrive system can only work in the absense of gravity. This means that a ship must escape from a planet's gravity well before it can jump into hyperspace.

So basicallt the sucker leaks gamma radiation.

Carlos
Old 10-17-2002, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Boy:
<STRONG>

Most hyperdrives require a fusion generator to propel a ship through space. The hyperdrive is built from a titanium-chromium compound that can withstand the forces needed to push through the space-time fabric of realspace into the hyperspacial continuum. The hyperdrive uses modified gamma radiation to create electromagnetic energy that, when ejected from the hyperdrive, cause the realspace time-space matrix to ripple. The hyperdrive continues to eject electromagnetic energy to push against these ripples, propelling the ship into hyperspace. However, the hyperdrive system can only work in the absense of gravity. This means that a ship must escape from a planet's gravity well before it can jump into hyperspace.

So basicallt the sucker leaks gamma radiation.</STRONG>

*nods* Yep...thats what I thought...just figured I would let someone else field the question

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

It's YOU falling in love with him that makes him become ME. - Simon (Misfits)
Old 10-17-2002, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Drcy:
<STRONG>

*nods* Yep...thats what I thought...just figured I would let someone else field the question

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

I'm not as anal as it looks [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Star Wars knowledge I do have

[ 10-17-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 10-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Addicted Fan

so since ep2 says that Jango is Boba Fett's father, does that scratch out the previous theory aobut boba fett being a journeyman protector named Jaster Mereel?
Old 10-18-2002, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>so since ep2 says that Jango is Boba Fett's father, does that scratch out the previous theory aobut boba fett being a journeyman protector named Jaster Mereel?</STRONG>
Yes, I would say so. The previous theory comes from the Extended Universe, whereas the events of Episode 2 were written by Lucas, and therefore override any previous theories. George is the master, it's as simple as that. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Carlos, are you getting handy with the old cutting and pasting there? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]