Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Star Wars Questions And Answers Thread

I thought I'd start this thread back up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

If you have any questions at all about the Star Wars Universe, then this is the place to ask them. One of our resident experts will do their pass to seek the answers you find!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Expect Erica to make many appearances. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 12:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Is Chancolor Palpatine Darth Sideous? Is he also the Emporer in the Eppisodes 4-6?

and just who is Cypher Dias?

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited trent_spaceboy ]
Old 10-08-2002, 01:11 PM
Absolute Fan

BYtheSEA, I'm not sure about that. I think someone else will have to field that question. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by trent_spaceboy:
<STRONG>Is Chancolor Palpatine Darth Sideous? Is he also the Emporer in the Eppisodes 4-6?

</STRONG>
Yes and Yes for the first two questions. Palpatine is also Darth Sidious who later becomes The Emperor.

What we (your resident experts) have concluded through reason of deduction is that Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi who was killed around the time of The Phantom Menace. After his death, we believe Darth Sidious traveled to Kamino (the ocean world featured in Attack of the Clones) and, under the guise of Sifo-Dyas, ordered the army of clones to begin production with a false request from the Jedi Council. That is why Obi-Wan is perplexed when Lama Su says that Master Sifo-Dyas ordered the clones when he was killed many years ago. Sidious is clearly behind the production of the clones so it appears that he was the one who ordered them to be made but he used the name of Sifo-Dyas to do so.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BYtheSEA:
<STRONG>Does anyone know how the authors get the stories for the EU books (the Jedi Apprentice series in particular)? Do they just make them up themselves or are they given some particulars by Lucas Books?</STRONG>
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say the author comes up with the ideas, then they approach Lucas Books to see what they think. I assume there are guidelines to follow, but I doubt GL takes much interest in them, since we all know that the EU can't be taken as true. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by trent_spaceboy:
<STRONG>Is Chancolor Palpatine Darth Sideous? Is he also the Emporer in the Eppisodes 4-6?

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited trent_spaceboy ]</STRONG>
Palpatine is Dark Sideous

Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi Master who died shortly after the Battle of Naboo.
The Jedi Master, Sifo-Dyas, who ordered the clones was Darth Sidious/Palpatine in disguise as stated.

Sidious then commanded Dooku to set up the Separatist movement with the Trade Federation and the Banking Clans in order to use their huge army of battle droids to threaten the Republic. Sidious and Dooku needed the droid army so that the Senate would vote to give Dantius Palpatine emergency powers to create a clone army who'd be necessary to defend themselves against the Separatists droid army - sneaky huh. It is all part of Sidious/Palpatine's long term plan to become Emperor. Clone Army would later become the Strom Ztropper you know to well in Ep's 4-6

"Is he also the Emporer in the Eppisodes 4-6?"

Was your question about the Emperor about the actor who play the Emperor or just the emperor living so long?

Info on why he lives so long...Some EU info that I believe is somewhat true or makes a whole lot of sense.

No one is quite sure how Palpatine was first introduced to the power of the dark side. He is the most powerful practitioner of the Sith ways in modern times. He studied the ancient ruins on the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban. He unlocked secrets of the Force from a captured Jedi Holocron. The dark side energies flowing through Palpatine's body were so intense, that they ravaged his mortal frame. The very source of Palpatine's strength was killing him.

To counter the dark side's consumption, Palpatine turned to a bizarre combination of technology and Sith magic. Palpatine used Spaarti cloning cylinders to create a store of younger bodies, and employed an ancient Sith technique to transfer his consciousness into a waiting clone. Thus, Palpatine could avoid death indefinitely -- as long as his supply of clones remained intact. He would change his form again and again, prolonging his life. Palpatine constructed a secret throne-world deep within the galaxy's core, on a shadowy world called Byss. Here, he kept his clones safe, protected by a loyal cadre of Dark Side Adepts.

Carlos, your resident Star Wars expert

[ 10-08-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 10-09-2002, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Boy:
<STRONG>Carlos, your resident Star Wars expert</STRONG>
Expert is right, you really know your stuff, Carlos! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for posting that Palpy info, I've never heard any theories on how he may have gotten his Dark Side powers.

So is it pretty much accepted as fact that Sidious is the one who posed as Sifo-Dyas? Is there any way it could have possibly been Dooku instead? (while he was working for Sidious of course) Has this been debated already? Just asking because Dooku totally intrigues me and I can't help but think there's much more to his character that we haven't seen. If someone can tell me that that idea is totally insane then I can get past it and move on to obsessing over other SW theories instead. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>

Expert is right, you really know your stuff, Carlos! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Thanks for posting that Palpy info, I've never heard any theories on how he may have gotten his Dark Side powers.

So is it pretty much accepted as fact that Sidious is the one who posed as Sifo-Dyas? Is there any way it could have possibly been Dooku instead? (while he was working for Sidious of course) Has this been debated already? Just asking because Dooku totally intrigues me and I can't help but think there's much more to his character that we haven't seen. If someone can tell me that that idea is totally insane then I can get past it and move on to obsessing over other SW theories instead. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thank you very much [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Star Wars is...well a long great love of mine so I tend to find out everything I can about it.

Aww Dooku...

Well here is what I know about him...

Count Dooku voluntarily renounced his commission it was a blow to the Jedi order. He had strong views and was quite out spoken. You can see some of that in his padawan Qui-Gon Jinn.

He is a political Idealist and feels that the Jedi weakened themselves by the Republic which he felt was corrupt. He later disapeared for a time and
then he re-emerged as a political firebrand fanning the flames of rebellion in the galaxy. In an alarmingly short time, Dooku rallied thousands of systems to his cause, building a growing Separatist movement that threatened to split the Republic.

People under him would start fights and violence all over the galaxy. The Jedi had to travel all over the galaxy to control the violence and maintain order. The Jedi council would not believe it was Dooku causing the problems since he was a former Jedi.

But the Jedi didn't realize Dooku's secret. Behind a veneer of elegant charisma and well-tabled political arguments, Dooku had been corrupted by the power of the dark side. After his departure from the Jedi order, Dooku was seduced to the dark side by Darth Sidious, the Dark Lord of the Sith. By Sith tradition, Dooku adopted the name Darth Tyranus and added deceit and treachery to his already formidable array of weapons.

Dooku began recruiting agents for what would eventually amount to the death of the Old Republic. As Tyranus, he contacted the notorious bounty hunter Jango Fett to become the template for a hidden clone army on Kamino. As Dooku, he appealed to the greed of the galaxy's most powerful commerce barons to consolidate their forces to challenge the Republic.

And of course you've seen AOTC so you know what happens next

More info on Dooku from the EU...

Dooku had studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners, though his ultimate loyalty was not to the structured protocols of the Jedi order, but rather to his own intuitions and ideals. His strong sense of independence concerned many, and even his mentor, Yoda, had difficulty reining him in.

Despite such stubbornness, the Jedi Archives record Dooku as being a formidable Jedi. He settled numerous disputes on scattered worlds and was unequalled in a classical form of lightsaber combat. Dooku was a man of remarkable character and remarkable lineage. His birthright as the Count of Serenno also afforded him incredible wealth, which he used in his political career as Separatist leader.

After leaving the Jedi order, Dooku disappeared for years. He first remerged on Raxus Prime, complete with a fiery rhetoric lambasting the Senate and the Jedi order's complacency in the visible erosion of morals and ideals of the Republic. Since that time, his base of operations became mobile, as he travelled from world to world, fomenting secession and leading the Separatist movement that soon developed an alarming cohesion.

It is yet unknown when exactly Dooku abandoned himself to the dark side of the Force, though he had apparently experimented with forbidden lore in the past. Rumours abound that Dooku was familiar with Sith teachings stored within a dark Holocron kept in the Jedi Archives.

With the Clone Wars in full effect, Count Dooku -- now Darth Tyranus -- fully embraced the ancient teachings of the Sith. One of his first campaigns of the war was the unleashing of an ancient Sith weapon against the forces of the Republic and the Jedi Knights.

That's all the info I know on Dooku

[ 10-09-2002: Message edited Sick Boy ]

Carlos
Old 10-09-2002, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've read somewhere that Palpatine has a special crystal that enhances his energy/power. Is this so?

D
Old 10-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by R2s lose screw:
<STRONG>I've read somewhere that Palpatine has a special crystal that enhances his energy/power. Is this so?

D</STRONG>
Yes, that is true

It's call the Kyber Crystal. It greatly magnifies the power of the Force in the person that possesses it. The crystal boosted his midi-chlorian by almost 10,000.
Dantius Palpatine secretly used it when becoming the Emperor. This is a back story Lucas created but few now.

Carlos
Old 10-10-2002, 05:31 PM
Addicted Fan

were the terms "midichlorians" and "padawans" just terms Lucas decided to make up and put in the ep 1 just for the heck of it?
Old 10-10-2002, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>were the terms "midichlorians" and "padawans" just terms Lucas decided to make up and put in the ep 1 just for the heck of it?</STRONG>
Do you mean just because you had not heard them in the OT, they must have been created on the spot by Lucas? I've, personally, never heard Lucas say, 'Yeah I made up midichlorians for TPM' but I don't think he did. He must have had an idea from the beginning that there was something that made some people more able to use The Force than others. He may not have named them and therefore never addressed them so specifically as he did in TPM in the OT.

As for the 'padawan', I don't think there was any need for the term in the OT. It was such an old fashioned term used by the Old Republic that the new generation didn't seem to have a lot of use for it. Luke was, arguably, no one's real Padawan learner because he started so late and his training was so informal, fragmented and untraditional. I don't think he ever materialized as a true Padawan in the sense that Lucas uses it in the new episodes. Therefore, he would have no need for the specific term in the OT.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Addicted Fan

lol, that midichlorian thing is kinda lame though. Obi didnt argue with yoda in ESB that luke's midichlorian count was high and that should be why yoda should train him.
and why does the amt of midichlorians in your body affect how force sensitive you are? the force is in all beings, they just have to tap into it and learn to use it.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediBlastoise:
<STRONG>and why does the amt of midichlorians in your body affect how force sensitive you are? the force is in all beings, they just have to tap into it and learn to use it.</STRONG>
No, that's not true. All Jedi are "strong with the force", in other words, their midichlorian count is above a certain threshold. The force is in everything, but you have to be strong with it in order to use it.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

quick question. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda. What is their relationship?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread