Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2018, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good luck babes!
Old 07-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Should be fine needing to start up appointments again after a few months refill for antidepressants and trying to get copies of charts for my appeal to Disability
Old 07-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Loved Taylor's too for what it was worth considering he wasn't given much Up at hospital for appointment in 45 mins
good luck Sarah
Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well the appointment went fine got what I needed to continue with my antidepressants and appointment in 6 weeks again. Plus the lawyer firm's name to do the appeal though
Old 07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good
Old 07-10-2018, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
Interesting! Love that you have Black Widow there.

My top ten would probably be...

Bucky, Steve, Natasha, Thor, Hulk, Magneto, Wolverine, Rogue, Falcon, Gambit

As far as movies, I prefer the original generation of Magneto and Xavier to the newer ones. Love Storm, too.
Quote:
No I've always loved him in the comics, Rogue/Gambit is amazing But I did love Taylor's version yeah
Gambit can be fun, but he's a wanker. He's not worthy of Rogue. Rogue is one of my runner-up favorites. I liked her with Magneto in Age of Apocalypse and with Magneto's clone Joseph. Chris Claremont was always great at developing female characters and Rogue is a classic example of that. Another of my runner-ups is Rachel Summers, also created and developed by Claremont. He created Kitty Pryde and developed Storm.

Why am I not surprised you have Bucky and Steve at the top of your list? Bucky shoulda stayed dead. Cap is a cornball boy scout (though the movie version is good). I like Falcon in the movies because Anthony Mackie does him so well, but I don't find him hugely supplied with personality in the comics. Plus his powers are lame. Natasha is ok in the comics, but it's in the movies that I really like her, because of how well Scarlett Johansson plays her. I've got high regard for Scarlett.

Thor, Hercules, Silver Surfer and Namor the Sub-Mariner are all characters I like in part because they're not ordinary modern Earth people. They're different, often more serious. I often find characters who are ordinary people to be less interesting in the comics. That affects my view of characters such as Spider Man, Captain America and Iron Man. Chris Hemsworth is great as Thor in the movies.

Namor, btw, was Marvel's first superhero, back in 1939, before the company was called Marvel, when it was callled Timely. He actually predated Timely, appearing first Motion Picture Funnies issue 1. He's an eejit in bathing trunks with ankle wings, pointy ears and an attitude, but somehow he's really cool.

The Hulk is a guy I've got really mixed feelings about. I don't like the intelligent version Peter David had in the '90s. He could be fun, but he was too smug and over-powered. It didn't feel balanced and I got sick of Peter David having the Hulk beat up everybody else I liked in the Marvel universe just to show he was cooler. The Hulk used to be on the same level of strength as Thor and Hercules, but they made him stronger circa late '80s onwards, with a realy annoying late '80s issue of Thor written by Stan Lee in which Thor without his hammer is no match for the Hulk. So I often resent the Hulk. But for some reason I'm really attached to the standard dumb Hulk and I like the '70s and late '60s version best. Mark Gruffalo is very good as Bruce Banner in the movies. In the comics I'm not much interested in Bruce Banner, just the Hulk. The Hulk was great in Thor: Ragnarok.

Wolverine is an old favorite, going back to the mid-80s. Him, Magneto and Kitty Pryde became big favorites of mine then and have stuck with me ever since. Hugh Jackman is very good as Wolverine, but he's nearly a foot too tall. Wolverine's 5'3" height is a very important part of the character.

I hate McKellan as Magneto. McKellan makes Magneto a pretentious old fool. And not only is he not Jewish, he's British as well, which really doesn't fit Magneto. Fassbender isn't Jewish, but at least he was born in Germany, where Magneto is from. Plus he gets Magneto's personality better.

I didn't like Ellen Page's version of Kitty Pryde either because she's so not Jewish. There are few enough Jewish superheroes, the roles should go to Jewish actors. Casting a non-Jewish actor as Kitty is like casting a white woman as Storm. Kitty Pryde was one of the first supereheroes to be officially portrayed as Jewish, back in the early '80s. Her Jewish identity is important and casting a non-Jewish actor in the role is an insult to Jewish people.

The Stewart version of Xavier is more true to the comic book version, but McAvoy is especially good in the role. They're both good, and being British isn't at odds with Xavier's nature the way it is at odds with Magneto's.

Storm is one of the best female characters in comics and I like both movie versions, but she's never been given enough to do in the movies. This is the woman who led the X-Men all those years, give her screen time!

Last edited by sum1; 07-10-2018 at 12:05 PM
Old 07-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Up at the mall for Solo
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Taylor Kitsch is so miscast as Gambit it isn't funny. Gambit isn't a big football dude with a caveman brow and a goofy air. Chatting Wannum is even worse. Bloody GI Joe. They should cast Ian Somerhalder, who's from Louisiana and is even part French.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We've had this discussion where totally agree on Ian in also concerned about channing and been from the start did like Taylor though
Old 07-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, well Tar needs to hear my view on it too. We've had debates about Kitsch before.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't mind Taylor's version didn't love but didn't dislike
Old 07-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Taylor is completely wrong for the role, I just liked it because I was a fan of him already and I think he's hot Ian would be a great choice I agree
Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Any thoughts on the big post, Tar?
Old 07-10-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think Taylor is completely wrong for the role, I just liked it because I was a fan of him already and I think he's hot Ian would be a great choice I agree
Taylor is hot
Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really disagree with your views on Ian's Magneto