Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

I'm dressing as a geek......wait a minute.

Maria, you know you have to follow that up with pictures now.....Snicker.

I kinda want to forget Denmark.... Maybe I'll hit Estonia or something. St. Petersburg.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

How cute if Kara went as Supergirl and Alex as Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)

This made my day, my week, maybe even my month!

The "Awake" trailer!!!!!!!!!

I am sooo excited and happy. And they better not push it back again!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Id love to see pictures from you guys dressed up on Halloween, we dont do halloween here so we miss out on a load of fun!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure if I will dress up but if I do I'll take pictures.

Saw Across the Universe today.
As a person who loves musicals it was Awesome!
Quote:
An original musical film, Across The Universe is a fictional love story set in the 1960s amid the turbulent years of anti-war protest, the struggle for free speech and civil rights, mind exploration and rock and roll. At once gritty, whimsical and highly theatrical, the story moves from high schools and universities in Massachusetts, Princeton and Ohio to the Lower East Side of Manhattan, the Detroit riots, Vietnam and the dockyards of Liverpool. A combination of live action and animation, the film is paired with many songs by The Beatles that defined the time.
I really enjoyed this film. I am a big fan of musicals. I really liked the way the story was put together and told. The Beatles' songs fit into the story so very well and I liked the way they were redone for the film.
The Beatles really wrote some fantastic timeless songs.
I liked so many of the musicals numbers it's hard to pick a favorite but I really liked:
"Let It Be"
"Come Together"
"I Want You (She's So Heavy)"
"Dear Prudence"
"All You Need Is Love"
"Something"
"Strawberry Fields Forever"
"Hey Jude"

I actually saw the 5th Avenue protest scene the day they filmed. My bus route was changed and when I found out why I took a walk to 5th Avenue, passing many, many parked trailers along 8th street. Someone working on the film was redirecting pedestrian traffic and I asked him what was filming. I kept the title in mind and it has taken some time for this film to be released. I didn't see any of the actors but I did see what looked like a demonstration. Seeing all those protest signs and props in person and then in the film was wicked cool. I was so giddy during that scene

I've been thinking about the movie all day and even downloaded the soundtrack. I'll be listening to that for a while.

The visuals were well done. Really transported you to the time period.

I recommend this film to anyone a fan of musicals and The Beatles
Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Steph, thanks for the "Awake" trailer link. It'll be good if they finally release this movie...1 year later!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That doesn't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink & white cookies (View Post)
Kara I was looking for Halloween costume ideas (we still occasionally dress up), and I found this one. Seeing how you like the Supergirl thing, I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Is anyone else dressing up?

Thanks for thinking of me. Some day, I will just have to dress up. But for now, I'm not going to. I don't really do anything on Halloween anymore. But at least it's a good excuse to have chocolate.

Maria - Are you feeling any better? You're always sick, I swear.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Jerry~ maybe but too lazy now Estonia is nice, allthough I've never been anywhere else but the capital,never been to anywhere in Russia,but I know people who have been to St.Petersburg and they've liked it a lot

Steph~ It's amazing that we *finally* got the trailer!!

Alex~ That's nothing,another movie of Hayden's has been in post-production hell for over 2 years now and still no set release date

Well we don't halloween here either,so no dressing up for me since my friend doesn't throw the parties anymore...

Kara~ Thanks I do feel better,I'm not all there yet but I'm getting there and I'm so not always sick,before this I haven't been sick in ages and I haven't been properly sick now either...

Not much to report here,had dinner at my Aunt's last night with the rest of the fam last night, today I've just been vegging out, just watched The Wedding Singer on telly, I'm not the biggest Adam Sandler fan,but I adore the Wedding Singer, such a cute movie now I think I'll get back to my book
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 10-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Elite Fan

Maria, why isn't Hayden getting more mainstream type roles? As a big fan of his, you'd know more about him/his plans or whatever than me. In the beginning, I thought "Awake" would be a pretty big film, (since it also stars Jessica Alba), but they have not released it and now it's November 30th?

K...Yeah, you'd know something about dressing as a "dork" Sending pic now. Feel free to "rename"

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Alex, you're welcome for the trailer. Awake finished principle photography 2 years ago! And now it looks like Nov 30 will finally stick after delays.
Hayden has a big movie coming out in February, Jumper, starting Samuel L. Jackson and directed by the same guy of Mr. & Mrs. Smith/Bourne Identity. That filmed for nearly a year all around the world.
That's sure to be mainstream.
Basically I blame the fraking Weinstiens. The are the ones behind, Awake, Virgin Territory and messed up the release of Factory Girl ( not to mention that Hayden's role had to be cut down for fear of Bob Dylan suing)....
I think if he just stays away from Weinstien films he'll get to film movies that actually get released on time!

Quote:
But at least it's a good excuse to have chocolate.
Got that right, Kara.

Quote:
It's amazing that we *finally* got the trailer!!
I know!
You see my excitement all over the thread in big fonts
Quote:
watched The Wedding Singer on telly, I'm not the biggest Adam Sandler fan,but I adore the Wedding Singer, such a cute movie
Same here! That movie is classic

Well going out to dinner soon.
Hope you all had a good weekend
Old 10-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Alex~ well Steph answered a part of your question and I think Hayden is interested in doing roles in different kinds of movies with good scripts rather than just landing roles in mainstream movies...

I don't think you ever need an excuse to eat chocolate =P

yes I noticed that, well I think we have reason to ; )

and yeah it is,seen it a million times! lol

okay,so more of pic spam (I'll post part 2 and the final part tomorrow or later on next week...)

Okay,more pics from our Sardinia trip,some also from Corse which we visited for a day (it's the island close,that belongs to France =) )

Me at a beachfront restaurant

The beach at night

The ship we went to Corse on...this picture was taken when it was in the harbour on Sardinia's side, we took a bus there,the ride took about 2 hours from where we were vacationing and then an hour with the ship or ferry whichever you prefer...

The ship

The first wiew of Corse upon arrival

There was this *really* small gap we had to go through to get there,man I was glad I wasn't "driving" LOL

Nearing the harbour

This is from Corse, it was a small village called Bonafaccio

I had to take a picture of the balcony,it was so pretty

This is the way to the "wiewing spot" (the following pictures were taken from there...) the village was very small and the streets were very narrow but it was beautiful...

The ocean from high above..The biggest difference between Corse and Sardinia is that the altitude differences are big in Corse,it's very high and steep,while Sardinia doesn't much high points....

Just look at that water

The scenery from the "wiewing point"

More from that....(I turned around compared to the last shot)

Bonafaccio

The scenery closer

Here you can see how high we were and the altitude variations...

The way down...

This was a memorial statue,if I remember correctly it was to remember the soldiers who died fighting in the French foreign legion, they had a headquarters in Corse (it was also the island where Napoleon was born...) if you look at the bottom of the pic you can see a part of a celebratory laurel which was there because it had been the French National Day the day before we were there...

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167 (View Post)

The first wiew of Corse upon arrival

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/IMG_1025.jpg
Doesn't that look like it could be the back of George Lucas' head?

Beautiful pictures Maria. I wish I was there right now.
It so cold here
Old 10-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Kara Well, someday when you have kids, it makes a good excuse to dress-up again. (Class parties, other Halloween parties). One year we all went as Star Trek characters. Another year we were farmers & farm animals. It was fun.

Sorry that you are missing out Shieda & Maria. I like the silliness of it all.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Another year we were farmers & farm animals.
Aww that is so cute. I like that idea.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Have you Hayden girls seen the Jumper trailer yet?

Maria...it's set then...I've always wanted to see St. Petersburg and Finland....ahhhh it'll be great.

So how's everyone doing? We're carving pumpkins....back to work!
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Maria, those are awesome pics. It looks like a good place to visit for vacation Thank you for sharing them

Closed Thread   Post New Thread