Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Banned

back..to the storyline of KOTOR II: It wasn't that it was a bad story. It is just that with KOTOR every storyline mixed together in these quests. Which added to the storyline, and every place in a connected way.

In KOTOR II, the storylines only matter to each character indvidually, not mattering to the main stroyline or places.

I was wondering... Does anyone know how to get a Jedi Master's robe while on LS?
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject
In KOTOR II, the storylines only matter to each character indvidually, not mattering to the main stroyline or places.
That's part of the problem with TSL that we discussed earlier.

None of the NPC backstories are integrated into the larger story and are just "there" as backstories. This is a huge "no no" in a story driven game because the whole point of an RPG is to assume the role of a character and when your party members' backstories aren't seemlessly integrated into the core story like KOTOR... It takes you OUT of the RPG experience and I think this is one big reason TSL isn't as well liked as the first one, even if players don't consciously know why.

Quote:
I was wondering... Does anyone know how to get a Jedi Master's robe while on LS?
All the loot you get from cylinders, piles of ruble, lockers and chests is determined right after you open the door to a specific room. So, whether or not you get certain items is all random.

For example, you can get medpacs from the remains of a destroyed turret?!

This is just one example of how the game was rushed and is more of a beta than a finished, polished game.

However, on the bright side... This is why like playing the PC version with mods that are set up to give you specific items without resorting to cheating. They have lightsaber crystal pack mods, Prestiege Class Robe and Saber mods, etc, etc.

As for what I'd like to see in KOTOR III...

A new engine. The Odyssey Engine -- based off of Bioware's Aurua D&D engine -- Is showing it's age. I am sure... At least, I hope... Whoever does III uses a more modern engine as far as graphics go and there is talk that they (Obsidian) at least, if given the job, are going to rewrite the engine to incorporate more of the SW, D&D rules to include things like Force Damage Points, Energy Points and things like that to make the game less hack-and-slash and more like the table top SW-RPG that a lot of people play. We'll see how well that goes over with LA who will probably want a more action-oriented game like the previous two...

I'd also like to be able to have an apprentice that you can shape/control with your actions... LS or DS... And I don't mean the very weak influence system.

Just make it that he/she does whatever you want, but if they are DS actions, they start to question you and your teachings unless you start the game off as a Sith Lord or someone who is openly and unapologetically evil.

I think this would be a cool idea in that the basic plot of the game is that at a certain point, your "apprentice" breaks off from you and you are essentially maintaining TWO distinct characters who will face off with one another at the finale. I think this would be a cool addition since you can literally play two sides (LS/DS) against each other at once, or two same-sides against each other as well -- LS vs. LS could be done; just look at Malak and Revan defining the councill to go to war with the Mandelorians.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Varying degrees of lightside, if you will.

I was going to say, subject, I had like 5 jedi masters robes...was kinda silly.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Elite Fan

I'm redoing my sith assasin character...playing it over. I wasn't happy with my first one and scrapped the game half way through it.

Since I managed to turn everyone to "Jedi" in my last game, they were all LS btw as my main character, I plan on turning them all to the DS this time

I still haven't finished the game as my LS Jedi Master character yet, I'm halfway through with it.

So those are my last two characters...then I must find a new hobby

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

You have 4 weeks until Episode III comes out on XBox....you won't need one.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm probably going to rent that game from Blockbuster

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Just rent? Or rent to burn it?

I might actually buy it, it looks not so bad from the stuff I've seen on the official game site.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar
Just rent? Or rent to burn it?
That's cheating

The game looks good, but I have the Attack of the Clones game, and got so frustrated after the 3rd level in the campaign mode b/c I could never finish it and so I quit. I liked the second level, where you can play as Mace and use the force and stuff.

Old 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

What's cheating?

I don't do it, I'm too cheap to buy the mods for my PS/2, but I'll be getting God of War soon.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

On the main SW games web page they have new material for the ROTS game.
You can view all the combo's that Anakin and Obi-Wan can use during the game.

Alex

Old 04-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

I hope those aren't everything they can do....I'd feel very limited.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Feelings have nothing to do with your ability to "use the force" man

On the other side, I know what you mean

Alex

Old 04-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Nice avie man....very nice.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks man, see I did learn "something" from having you as a sith master

Old 04-13-2005, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad something rubbed off, otherwise we'd be a complete embarrassment at the next Sith Swap meet.

Only 2 weeks until episode III the game comes out.
Reply   Post New Thread