Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2018, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

You don’t just make peace with a faction of war criminals that wipe out an entire star system just for a political advantage.

One side has to win and the other has to lose. There’s no middle ground.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:55 PM
Supreme Fan

I disagree, Even in real world there were wars that ended with peace agreements.

Icon Credit
Old 01-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have no idea of what's going to happen

I have to agree World War's with Germany were by peace agreements - wasn't it - peace accords?
Old 01-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is fantasy. Even if it doesn't work out usually in the real world, they can make it happen in Star Wars easily. The balance and compromise is needed, otherwise the message they're sending is that there'll never be peace.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea we need to keep that in mind fantasy - generally doesn't go by reality anyways
Old 01-13-2018, 03:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, of course. If I wanted real, why would I watch Star Wars or even tv or movies in general For me, watching television and movies is kind of a way of disconecting myself from the real world anyway.

Also, different things work or doesn't work for different movies and tv shows and the Star Wars Universe is established the way, that right know I can't see any other ending to the trilogy than balance.

Icon Credit
Old 01-13-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YEa been saying balance especially with the promoting for TLJ Gray Jedi
Old 01-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
I have no idea of what's going to happen

I have to agree World War's with Germany were by peace agreements - wasn't it - peace accords?
To a certain degree that's true, but Germany surrendered in both wars. At the end of World War 1, Germany signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France.

At the end of World War II, the Chief-of-Staff of the German Armed Forces High Command, General Alfred Jodl, signed an unconditional surrender document for all German forces to the Allies.

Like scififan2009 said, One side has to win and the other has to lose. There’s no middle ground.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
To a certain degree that's true, but Germany surrendered in both wars. At the end of World War 1, Germany signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France.

At the end of World War II, the Chief-of-Staff of the German Armed Forces High Command, General Alfred Jodl, signed an unconditional surrender document for all German forces to the Allies.

Like scififan2009 said, One side has to win and the other has to lose. There’s no middle ground.
Didn't Hitler then ignore everything I'm the armistice agreement of WWI? I think I remember a History show about WWII saying that.

I haven't followed this whole conversation but by just reading this page, I agree. There is no middle ground.

Quote:
Can’t say I really blame Rey for choosing not to join Kylo Ren. He was suggesting just letting everyone in the resistance die. For all she knew Finn, the man who came to starkiller base to save her, could have been on one of those ships. She couldn’t just abandon her friends.

I guess in the end it doesn’t matter who her parents were. She’s found her real family now. She has people who love and care for her. She made the right choice, to stay with them. That’s why she’s the light in the awakening to meet the darkness in the force.

Even if she could save Ben I’d be very surprised if there was still a place for him in the new world that will exist after the good side wins. He’s more likely to go into his own personal exile out of shame, the same way Luke did.
I agree with all of this, scififan2009.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Like I said, I disagree that just because these things don't work in the real world they can't work in a sci-fi/fantasy movie. I think it'd be a horrible message to end the Skywalker trilogy with yet another war. We need closure if we keep getting dark and light, the war will go on forever throughout all generations to come.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree that we need some type of closure regarding The Skywalkers especially if we are going to an unknown part by Rain
Old 01-14-2018, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's a video I made about thoughts on where Leia's character might head into in the final movie. It talks about TLJ a bit but it's mostly about speculation of the future :

Old 01-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really need to find the mood to sit and watch your videos
Old 01-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Please do This one's pretty short.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will try sooner than later
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top