Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

AlexLegroux Hope you come into the movie thread and see I moved your thread review into a post here
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Johnson was a good fit for Star Wars if they couldn't get Jj for episode then they could have gotten someone else. I felt like The trilogy was like this rap off between Jj and Ryan Johnson. If there is going to be multiple directors than their needs to be cohesion

Last edited by fox24; 01-10-2020 at 04:42 AM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do not have much to tell actually. I have watched the movie recently and I am not quite sure how I feel Am I satisfied with the story? So-so. Am I satisfied with the ending. Kinda and not There are things that I really liked but then the things that I also really didn't like at all, nor cared.

One of the things about final series that I always enjoyed was to see OGs. In this one I was not that satisfied with it tbh. Overall, final series couldn't top the original series and pre-quel imo. I know some people do not like the pre-quels as well but for me they were great.

Probably it's that time of the year to start a series rewatch again!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed the movie but think the others were better.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
I do not have much to tell actually. I have watched the movie recently and I am not quite sure how I feel Am I satisfied with the story? So-so. Am I satisfied with the ending. Kinda and not There are things that I really liked but then the things that I also really didn't like at all, nor cared.

One of the things about final series that I always enjoyed was to see OGs. In this one I was not that satisfied with it tbh. Overall, final series couldn't top the original series and pre-quel imo. I know some people do not like the pre-quels as well but for me they were great.

Probably it's that time of the year to start a series rewatch again!
I agree with you.

It was a mess of a story and I was left so underwhelmed.

Carrie Fisher's daughter Billie Lourd briefly played young Leia in The Rise of Skywalker

Quote:
After Carrie Fisher’s tragic death in December 2016, the filmmakers behind Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker had to figure out how to tell a Star Wars story without one of the franchise’s key figures. Ultimately, director J.J. Abrams decided to write Fisher’s General Leia Organa into the narrative using about eight minutes of unused material from The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

But there’s one Leia moment in The Rise of Skywalker that required a little more digital manipulation, and an assist from Fisher’s family. About halfway through the film — mild spoiler alert — there’s a brief flashback scene of Luke training Leia with lightsabers, as the princess studies to become a Jedi. In an interview with Yahoo Entertainment, ILM visual effects supervisor Patrick Tubach confirmed that Luke is played by a digitally de-aged Mark Hamill, while Fisher’s daughter, Billie Lourd, stepped in for her mom.

“Billie was playing her mother,” Tubach told Yahoo. “It was a poignant thing, and something that nobody took lightly — that she was willing to stand in for her mom.”

According to Tubach, it was Abrams who asked Lourd to take on the role, and together they filmed a few seconds for the scene. The visual effects team then replaced Lourd’s face with archival footage of Fisher, taken from the original trilogy. (Disney did not immediately reply to EW’s request for further comment.)

“It was an emotional thing for everybody to see her in that position,” Tubach added. “It felt great for us, too. If you’re going to have someone play [Fisher’s] part, it’s great that it’s [Billie] because there are a lot of similarities between them that we were able to draw from. The real challenge was just making the Leia footage we had to work with fit in that scene.”

Before The Rise of Skywalker hit theaters, Lourd wrote an essay for Time, opening up about the experiencing of filming Star Wars without her mom and why she decided to reprise her role as Lieutenant Connix.

“I knew it would be one of the most painful, difficult things I would ever do, but I said yes for her — for my mom,” she said. “For Leia. For everyone Leia means so much to. For everyone Leia gives strength to.”
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker writer explains how the end responds to the end of Revenge of the Sith

Quote:
Warning! Spoilers ahead.

From Indie Wire:

“It all ends here. After nine films and over four decades, the Skywalker Saga has come to a close with J.J. Abrams’ second “Star Wars” outing, “The Rise of Skywalker.” […]

The morning after the film’s Hollywood premiere, IndieWire got on the phone with a decidedly tired [writer Chris] Terrio — “we all looked 20 years younger at the start of this process!,” he joked — who was still very game to break down some of the more shocking elements, twists, turns, and big questions of “The Rise of Skywalker.” […]

The film ends with Rey on Tatooine, visiting the old Lars homestead where so much of this saga began. She’s accompanied by BB-8 only, and given the happiness she just shared with old pals Finn and Poe, it’s a bit of a surprise they’re not with her. That doesn’t mean she’s going to stay there, however, she’s just there to lay to rest Luke and Leia’s sabers, which she wraps together and buries in the desert dirt.

“I don’t think we think of it as she’s going to live there,” Terrio said. “We thought of it as just paying her respects and sort of undoing the original sin at the end of the third movie, which is the separation of the twins. I mean, of course, they had to be separated to keep them safe, and the trilogy wouldn’t exist, the six movies wouldn’t exist if they hadn’t been separated! But that felt to us like it was almost like a wrong that need to be righted. We very deliberately in the script described the wrapping of the sabers, as ‘like you were wrapping infants.’ That’s the thing that you see at the of the third movie, where the two infants are wrapped, and one is sent to Tatooine to be a farmer, and one is sent to Alderaan to be a princess. Leia’s home doesn’t exist anymore, so we thought, ‘Well, Luke could take Leia to his home where he grew up, and where we first saw “Star Wars.”‘ […]”

Last edited by BehrItAll; 01-12-2020 at 04:44 PM
BehrItAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Can’t believe it’s almost been a month already 20th is coming up fast
Old 01-26-2020, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I felt like the whole movie was a mess and left a lot of loose ends.

Out of this trilogy I only enjoyed the first movie.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That seems like the general review where I personally still need to see the movie
Old 02-03-2020, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thinking may unstick this soon haven’t decided
Old 02-07-2020, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Concept art for Colin Trevorrow’s Star Wars: Episode IX shows the battle of Coruscant

Quote:
Some concept art for Colin Trevorrow’s ‘Star Wars: Episode IX: Duel of the Fates’ has leaked. There are many illustrations of Coruscant.

In the first draft written by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, the final battle between the Resistance and the First Order takes place on the ancient capital of the Republic. Coruscant is under the control of the First Order who built new structures.

Some of the heroes infiltrate the Jedi Temple in order to send a message of resistance to the galaxy. There’s an old tech in the Temple that can dodge the jamming of communications set up by the First Order. Then the battle ensues. Of course, the good guys eventually win.

See more concept art for Trevorrows’s Episode IX on Reddit.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

DVDReleasedates.com Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker Blu-ray release date is estimated for March 2020 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for March 2020.
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Received an email about that from Amazon.Ca
Old 02-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Deciding to unstick this where it's been 2 months
Old 03-04-2020, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

The title of this film is a real con job.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really still need to get my butt in gear and see this where still haven't
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top