Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
WTF! Brother -sister! ? Dude....That whole relationship is sick on many deferent levels.

This video is a great analysis of why I don't like The Rise of Skywalker and the Sequel Trilogy. So many excellent points made.

https://youtu.be/BD5mLw0A8vI
I agree...I never saw them as brother/ sister...it was more of
Spoiler:

Sarah...really hope you can come up with 10 bucks and see it during the day at the theater...it's worth your 10 bucks.... I didn't pay b/c brother gave me gift card for my August birthday with 20 left after seeing Frozen 2... and now I have 25 or so additional movie credits b/c sister gave me gift card- to the same theater....
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well if I don’t get to the cinema I do have another way to see it
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

SEND me a PM if you need help with that "other way".... but like I mentioned, yea, wise choice buying food for you and cat is the way to go....maybe next paying job, you can go see Rise of Skywalker
Old 01-01-2020, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Already received info about another way no worries
Old 01-01-2020, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sarah...I bet you are singing

I hope the weather gets snowstormy frightful
Shoveling Snow will be so delightful
Because I can earn more money
And go see the new Star Wars show
Let it snow, let it snow, let is snow!!

yes, my head still sometimes floats on a cloud full of music notes and I sing [in my head mostly]....

Kylo may be singing... Everything I do...I do it for you!~ it's a Bryan Adams song
Old 01-01-2020, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Nice song
Old 01-01-2020, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks.... you want the weather to get naughty/ nasty so you can shovel snow and earn money to see Star Wars at the theater...anyway, keep us updated; I'm rooting for you to earn extra money
Old 01-01-2020, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks think some possibilities in the next week for snow
Old 01-01-2020, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I agree...I never saw them as brother/ sister...it was more of
Spoiler:

This is why I think this storyline is terrible fan fiction but will come up with some theories anyway.
Personally in my assumption about Palpatine is that
Spoiler:

I know this will continue to sound negative but I just had to share this viewer's opinion of Leia's role:

https://theloneliestshipper.tumblr.c...blem-with-tros

Quote:
My Biggest Problem with TROS
(Spoilers, obviously)

Before seeing the movie I heard nothing but effusive praise for how J.J. Abrams used leftover footage to allow Carrie Fisher to appear in the film posthumously. If there was one element I really wanted to love, it was seeing Leia train Rey to use the Force.

But right from the start, Leia appears as a shell of herself. She’s subdued. Her lines are stilted. She’s trying to teach Rey to hear the voices of past Jedi and it’s apparently not working. After two movies establishing Leia as someone actively involved in mentoring others, she’s suddenly impotent.

The only thing I really disliked about TFA was that I felt like Leia was sidelined as a character who only mattered in relation to the men in her life. Her story is all about her husband, her brother and her son and in her few bits of significant dialogue she blames herself for their actions. When she ends up inadvertently sending Han to his death, it only enforces this narrative.

TLJ at least gave me MF’ing Leia Organa, commanding the Resistance, shouldering her grief like a sword on her back and using it to save others. Instead dying symbolically to further Kylo’s angst she uses the Force to save herself. She demonstrates throughout the film that she has narrative worth outside of her familial relationships.

I fully 100% recognize that the death of Carrie Fisher may have drastically reduced her role in TROS, but it’s still too reminiscent of her role in TFA. Her life and her death hinge completely on what’s happening with her son. She’s barely part of the Resistance at all.

And how does her life end? She literally lays down and DIES, possibly the most UN-LEIA act in existence. She clutches Han’s medal (once again, it’s not about her, but about the men in her life), and gives up her own life to give her son one last chance and there’s NO ****ING REASON FOR IT. Tell me how that scene would have been one iota less powerful if Rey had spared Kylo with a line like “that’s for your mother.”

Then we learn via CGI flashback that Leia DID train as a Jedi, she had her own lightsaber and everything! And she gave it up! Why? FOR HER SON. As is too often the case in media, mothers are punished for having kids and then punished for doing anything else. Leia doesn’t even become one with the Force until Ben does, her life and worth thematically tied to his.

Seriously guys, all I want from my life every single day is to be a mother and also be treated as a whole and complete human being. Because I am. It annoys me greatly that it’s so rare to see mothers treated as more than tragedy factories in some of my favorite movies.

There were lots of things in TROS I enjoyed, but the Leia parts are going to make it really hard to re-watch. I guess at the end of the day the Skywalker saga ended as it began, with a mother getting screwed by the Force. :/
Old 01-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the critics on rotten tomatoes gave it a 54 and Frozen 2 got a 77...it is a combined over 300 critic ratings...btw...CATS only got a 19 from Critics on rotten tomatoes...

I wonder if Disney will try to do what Twilight and HP and bundle all the movies together into one gigantic package with one gigantic price....

I'll get the Blue Ray if I can save up b/c its the last Star Wars with Rey, Luke, Kylo, R2D2, BB8 etc......it should be due by late March/ April

I don't see Disney plus putting Daisy in a live action series...but never say never.... Tom [Loki] has his own live action series on Disney Plus.... so will Natelie Portman [ironically also from the Star Wars universe]
Old 01-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

The article is here for anyone who wants to read it.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really need to myself into watching this soon
Old 01-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Spoiler:

The article is here for anyone who wants to read it.
OMG!!! YES! Yes! Yes! I completely agree!

and this too from the same article.

Spoiler:

This movie is a mess. Such a mess.

‘Rise of Skywalker’ Editor Opens Up on Rushed Production

Also, someone who was in a test audience explains the original cut ending for the movie.
Scroll through to read the writing bigger:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6lFkpcK..._web_copy_link
Old 01-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for bringing al this over Steph
Old 01-03-2020, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

All the bts stuff that's coming out just proves what a mess this whole production was. They should have had a plan from the start and not let every director/writer come up with their own plot points. We ended up with a lot of arcs that went nowhere and massive plot holes.

I cannot believe they wasted so much money on this and it's such an incoherent mess. I just hope my faves are going to get great roles after this.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top