Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Jaina doesn't want anything right now.
She ain't getting younger.
That clock is ticking...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Well...it's priorities, you know.

When your brother is out sullying the family's good name....we have to take care of it.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Actually, I'm fairly certain that it is resolved. Zekk is out, Jag is still on the fringes...and Jaina doesn't want anything right now.
I hope they don't go the Mara/Luke way of doing this, giving Jaina a family when she's well into her 40's...so anti-climatic at that point. I'm guessing she ends up with Jag. There isn't another established EU character right now, and they aren't going to pair her up with an "unknown".

Have I mentioned how much I like Allston's style of writting and including ALL of the major characters in his work. The man is an excellent SW author b/c he understands the dynamics of the original trilogy. All of his books resemble it.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
Well...it's priorities, you know.

When your brother is out sullying the family's good name....we have to take care of it.
There was no down time before that happened?

Jaina is already in her 30's
I just hope Han and Leia are around to see her get married.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

Downtime? Whu?!

Don't Worry Alex, your opinion of him will change by the time we get to LOTF...where his writing ability appears to have died.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't Worry Alex, your opinion of him will change by the time we get to LOTF...where his writing ability appears to have died.
Damn That's pretty straight forward. Well, I'm already "bracing myself" for having to read LOTF to begin with! I think it has the potential to be the worst series in SW EU history when it's all said and done and we are looking at the EU 20 years from now.

I mean all I've got to go on with Allston is X-Wing books and NJO book which he's pretty darn good at.

Jaina is in her 30's...and that's what I'm talking about. She'll be 40 before she gets married, Han and Leia may not even be around!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Han and Leia may not even be around!
Don't say that! Come on, someone in the Skywalker line has to have their parents attend their wedding. It's frakking depressing!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Ben will have has dad, maybe.

Alex, I wish I could say it's wrong....but, it's a revolving story with 3 authors, Karen Traviss, Troy Denning and Allston....and Allston's books are consistently the worst of all of them. Some of his stories don't even seem to fit with the continuity. Shrug.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Jerry, when LOTF was announced as 3 different writers doing 1/3 each I knew this would be a bad idea...b/c....the books are not in order. They should have had Traviss write the first 3, Allston write the next 3 and Denning write the last 3. At least that way, you have the continuity. I find that in NJO, when one author is writting multiple novels, they are not a problem b/c they are in order!

Anyways, I finished "Rebel Dream" by Allston the other day I have to say it is one of the better books in NJO.

He brought back so many characters that were either forgotten by other novelist, or simply misused. Pretty much everyone is involved in mutliple storylines right now (with the exceptions of Jacen, Nom Anor and the Chicken).
The book is dynamic, short, action packed or character rich chapters. Nobody writers Wedge, Tycho, Wraiths and Rogues better than Allston. He also is pretty dead on with Han/Leia and does a great job with Jaina, Kyp and Jag. It should be of note (to steph) that Jaina and Jag have their first kiss in this novel and it's done really well. I like how he compared Jaina's feeling after that kiss to flying an x-wing Leave it to Allston to do that

He does a great job with Luke/Mara and Ben, the struggle of Mara to leave Ben behind and join Luke on a mission to Coruscant.

The book has a touching scene with Jaina/Leia who have been driffting apart lately.

Kyp Durron destroyes a large Vong ship by using the force in an incredible way, and he was compared to Luke, in terms of raw ability/energy in the force which is as big of a compliment as I've seen.

I like the dynamic of Kyp/Jaina/Jag working together.

Danni Quee had a minor plot story, as did Iella, Wedge's wife who is not black ops/security, etc.

Pretty much they are forming a rebellion in the book, working "with" what's left of the New Republic govrnment, but doing their own thing. Wedge's forces manage to beat 2 Vong attacks, and they now have the Lysankia in their forces!

Luke/Mara/Tahiri and some Wraiths with Danni Quee go to Coruscant, Lando gets them in there (Damn, Lando! About time he appeared)

Wedge, Tycho, Jaina, Jag, Kyp and other Rogues/Jedi are in one taskforce fighting the Vong in the Pyria system

Han/Leia are making runs with the Falcon

Lando's wife, Kam and Tionne are at the Maw, where they've rebuilt a secret base to hide Jedi from the Vong.

Tenel Ka stayed on Hapes.

Jacen is still presumed dead by everyone but (Han, Leia and Jaina)

Several excellent dogfight scenes to boot

I give "Rebel Dream" (name of Star Destroyer btw in the fleet) 4 out of 5 Fighting Antillies!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It should be of note (to steph) that Jaina and Jag have their first kiss in this novel and it's done really well.
Nice.

I am so almost done with Rogue Squadron. Like 40 pages away.
I read a bit today but I got to tired and my eyes felt heavy.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Well, since you'd be interested in that info

I haven't read enough about Zekk as a character, but so far I'm Jaina/Jag all the way. It's that "love/hate" relationship, and I kind of like the fact that Jag is not a "rebel alliance" guy right away, or a Jedi.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

We're going to need a new thread title.

What's the next book that's out?
Old 03-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

Invincible...it's not until May though

Not much happening on the book from in April at all.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

How about Invincible...On Coruscant Nights or in Battle at Mindor?

And Alex I'm not sure I could have made it through all three of Aaron's books in a row....I might have harmed myself.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f99/star-war.../#post21870925
Closed Thread   Post New Thread